• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Instructions:

1. Go to www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00752VKW8

2. Purchase at regular price.

3. Go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

4. Send the following email to Amazon customer service:

Hello. This item is covered by the "TV Low Price Guarantee" as you can verify at the product page. You also can verify Sears is a listed retailer by clicking on the details for this offer. Sears currently sells this item for $799.88. Please use the following link http://www.sears.com/panasonic-50inch-smart-viera-3d-plasma-hdtv... to verify the price. Please refund approximately $300 to the credit card I used to purchase the item. Please send me an email with confirmation of the refund. Thank you.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Viera TC-P50ST50
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"Editors' Choice" at CNET:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p50st50/4505...

The advantages of Amazon versus Sears are:

1. No sales tax in Florida and other states.

2. Free scheduled delivery to your home.

3. Another 2% back from the Amazon rewards program because the original purchase price was more than $999.

Amazon's Terms & Conditions of the guarantee state that clearance items are not eligible for the offer. The Sears price states that it is a "Clearance". Sounds pretty risky.

veckle said:   Amazon's Terms & Conditions of the guarantee state that clearance items are not eligible for the offer. The Sears price states that it is a "Clearance". Sounds pretty risky. I don't think it's really that risky considering Amazon covers return shipping on TVs (I believe).

I have the U50 version of this TV and love it. This has a few more bells & whistles, including the black filter.

Good point. The "risk" I'm pointing out is, How likely are you to get the better price that is outlined by the OP?Yuyak said:   veckle said:   Amazon's Terms & Conditions of the guarantee state that clearance items are not eligible for the offer. The Sears price states that it is a "Clearance". Sounds pretty risky. I don't think it's really that risky considering Amazon covers return shipping on TVs (I believe).

I have the U50 version of this TV and love it. This has a few more bells & whistles, including the black filter.

veckle said:   Amazon's Terms & Conditions of the guarantee state that clearance items are not eligible for the offer. The Sears price states that it is a "Clearance". Sounds pretty risky.

Where does it state "clearance" on the Sears product page? I don't see it anywhere.

To be on the safe side, chat with an Amazon agent prior to placing an order. Confirm that the guarantee applies. Retain a copy of the chat transcript.

A customer service agent told me that it applies, and I got the discount.

If a different agent says it doesn't apply, make them justify the refusal.

Amazon's customer service slowly deteriorates every day so make them justify any refusal.

Retailers like to promote such guarantees, but they don't like to honor them. Make Amazon justify any refusal.

plainview said:   veckle said:   Amazon's Terms & Conditions of the guarantee state that clearance items are not eligible for the offer. The Sears price states that it is a "Clearance". Sounds pretty risky.

Where does it state "clearance" on the Sears product page? I don't see it anywhere.

Directly underneath the price on Sears.com it states: Clearance. Intermediate markdowns may have been taken. While supplies last

promyst said:   plainview said:   veckle said:   Amazon's Terms & Conditions of the guarantee state that clearance items are not eligible for the offer. The Sears price states that it is a "Clearance". Sounds pretty risky.

Directly underneath the price on Sears.com it states: Clearance. Intermediate markdowns may have been taken. While supplies last

Thanks. Honestly, I didn't see it. An agent told me it applied, and I got the discount. I think people from SD have gotten the discount also.

Frankly, there are so many conditions that it virtually renders the guarantee useless. To me, that's deceptive. Amazon has no obligation to have a price match guarantee. They highlight the guarantee every chance they get, but they don't highlight the laundry list of conditions.

UPDATE: I just checked the thread at SD, and other people have gotten Amazon to honor the less-than-transparent price match guarantee. To be on the safe side, chat with an agent before purchasing to confirm the guarantee will apply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014