• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Limited time promotion to fly and have your kids stay for free via JetBlue and Disney. Both Disney World and Disneyland are participating. Dates, times, and hotels are restricted, so make sure you fall within the promotion terms.

JetBlue Kids Fly Free, Stay Free

I ran some sample dates, and using the cheapest hotel (All Star Sports), I showed a savings of a little over a $1,000 using this promotion.

Save Money, Travel More!

JetBlue Getaways
See JetBlue Getaways coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Jetblue
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks for correcting spelling. Too bad this topic, after all, produced zero ideas of any consequence. People continue t... (more)

SinglePapa (Mar. 05, 2013 @ 9:49a) |

Why is JetBlue so interested in hanging out with my kids...... lol

bigmarknolan (Mar. 05, 2013 @ 11:08a) |

That's the FW spirit.

equinoxrox (Mar. 05, 2013 @ 3:27p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It says you must stay at one of the Disney Properties.

ds1978 said:   It says you must stay at one of the Disney Properties.

There goes any possible savings. Sure, save $300 on airfare to only spend thousands more on the resort vs staying at outside hotel.

Disneyland® Resort Hotels include:
Disneyland Hotel
Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa

Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels include
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort - Classic Years
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Fort Wilderness Cabins
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Beach Club Resort
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Disney's BoardWalk Villas

Disney Property is outrageous, compared to offsite hotels.

4* Disney Property = $300-$500 a night
4* Hotel 5 Mins Away = $55 a night via Priceline

Bizatch said:   Disney Property is outrageous, compared to offsite hotels.

Plus $15+ parking, Not really 5' away - takes at least 15' driving within WDW. Plus a rental or another 20'-45' waiting for a shuttle.

Less free transfer to the airport, less 3 hours of park time reserved for on site guests.

Once you stay onsite, it's hard not to look away...

Note that you might be better off looking at other WDW offers such as 15%-35% off. I'm 99% sure you cannot combine that offer to this one...

OP - you should clarify - with booking of a vacation package via JetBlue...

rsuaver said:   Bizatch said:   Disney Property is outrageous, compared to offsite hotels.

Plus $15+ parking, Not really 5' away - takes at least 15' driving within WDW. Plus a rental or another 20'-45' waiting for a shuttle.

Less free transfer to the airport, less 3 hours of park time reserved for on site guests.

Once you stay onsite, it's hard not to look away...

This x 1000.

We've been many times. Saying onsite is a tremendous part of the experience.

Thanks for the deal OP - we were looking for some options.

Alas, this is NOT a hot deal - mainly because the dates offered are low season. School age children should be AT SCHOOL every single date of this offer. not very nice of DIS corp to even set this trap

SinglePapa said:   Alas, this is NOT a hot deal - mainly because the dates offered are low season. School age children should be AT SCHOOL every single date of this offer. not very nice of DIS corp to even set this trapMaybe for you, but many school have vaction during late April, while others will have their school year over before the end of May.

Some schools in the NE were originally slated to have April 15-19 off, for the spring break, but that will be curtailed due to snow days.

there comes your group with the reds, based on a sampling of single digit % of the N/E. What relationship do you even have with elementary school population.

NYC schools will break at Friday March 22 dismissal, and expect students back April 2-3. Our group will drive out multi-passenger vehicles March 22 and fudge it a bit to return Sunday April 7th. Kids will be a couple of days late, but teachers usually don't expect everyone to be back on those part-week holidays.

But to "deliver kids to Disney" specifically weekdays from mid-April to late May is a low blow on DIScorp's part. Which is not surprising: DIScorp never had and never will discount anything one penny DURING school breaks. EVER. Any "offer" DIScorp will ever have will be anti-civic. In the end, with this "special", their charge for this one non-holiday week = cost of my group for two holiday weeks. Unbelievable.

I was the only one to reward OP with green for mink's effort to look for and to post; and then consumers can weight their options. Your contribution is just to red topics you have no relationship to, not like you will be traveling from N/E with kids this year.

Book February 26 — March 4, 2013 or while supplies last for travel April 15 — May 31, 2013 (blackout dates May 23 — 27, 2013; add’l blackout dates April 15 — 22, 2013 for packages from Boston). Must depart and return Monday — Thursday or Saturday; no Friday or Sunday departures or returns.

The "no Friday or Sunday Departures" is a little tricky. It means you need to leave on a Mon,Wed or figure something out for an extra night.

Exercise in paying retail to DIS and school cutting, that's all it is

SinglePapa said:   Alas, this is NOT a hot deal - mainly because the dates offered are low season. School age children should be AT SCHOOL every single date of this offer. not very nice of DIS corp to even set this trap

Its DISNEY 4 godness sake, get ur kidz out of schol and teach them about MICKEY MOUSE not math!!!

SinglePapa said:   Alas, this is NOT a hot deal - mainly because the dates offered are low season. School age children should be AT SCHOOL every single date of this offer. not very nice of DIS corp to even set this trap

There's more to life and learning than what your gub'mint schools "teach". Don't get me wrong - I'm an education-freak, and make sure my kids have every opportunity and every bit of parental support for their enrichment. I just think you're being purposefully stuck-up about something that should be left to the discretion of parents.

I assure you my kids learn more spending a day with their parents at Disney than they do during an average school day. Anything can be "teachable" if you bother.

Why are you even bothering? Obviously, it's not schooling that matters to him. It's just that the deal is not to his liking.
He has every intention of getting his brood to miss school, and he justifies it because he is driving, and some other nonsense about the missed days being unimportant. Clearly he is either delusional, or has two sets of standards.

IMHO going to Disney World is a once in a lifetime kinda deal for most of us. Why not take advantage of the perks of staying on the resort. The extra time in the attractions that one gets by staying in the resort is one perk that I like. I think kids would enjoy the whole atmosphere as well... But that is just my 2cents.. Not affiliated with WDW in anyway

I've been to Disney on a 10 day trip at Boardwalk Hotel; had a suite too. Loved staying there and it was worth every penny. Next time, family said we would stay off disney ground at a resort that's brand new and offs 3 bedrooms and much cheaper. Have to say though, the free airfare gets the blood going; I priced out a trip for four in mid April at $1,400 for 5 nights at Port Orleans; not too shabby (lat trip cost almost $8k

No great lakes area airports. Only East and West coast.

Walt Disney World® Resort offer details:
Valid for 5+ night Getaways vacation packages to Orlando, FL (MCO)
Must depart from/return to one of the following airports: Providence, RI (PVD); Boston, MA (BOS); Hartford, CT (BDL); Westchester County, NY (HPN); Syracuse, NY (SYR); Newburgh, NY (SWF); Buffalo, NY (BUF); New York (JFK, LGA, EWR); Washington, DC (DCA); Austin, TX (AUS); Richmond, VA (RIC)
Must depart and return Monday — Thursday or Saturday during the eligible travel period; no Friday or Sunday departures
Must stay at one of these select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels
Don’t forget to add your Disney Theme Park tickets!†

Disneyland® Resort offer details:
Valid for 3+ night Getaways vacation packages to Long Beach, CA (LGB)
Must depart from/return to one of the following airports: Seattle, WA (SEA); Portland, OR (PDX); Oakland, CA (OAK); Sacramento, CA (SMF); San Francisco, CA (SFO); Salt Lake City, UT (SLC); Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Must depart and return Monday – Thursday or Saturday during the eligible travel period; no Friday or Sunday departures
Must stay at one of these select Disneyland® Resort hotels
Don’t forget to add your Disney Theme Park tickets!†

Very strange opinions voiced above, including from the people who have no relationship to taking kids to WDW. I'll clarify:
1. I've taken kids to WDW every single school break last 4 years, that's about dozen of trips and counting
2. We always stay on site
3. The educational aspect of WDW is of utmost importance
4. There is no reason to be PLANNING your travel to WDW during regular school time. This is a terrible practice. There is time for work/school and there is time for vacations. DO NOT PLAN your trips in regular school periods, period
5. In case of this particular offer: one week during regular school time will be charged by WDW same money that it costs us for TWO spring break weeks! That's paying double and taking vacation during regular school period

Why don't you get back when you are not high, lol?

If I was a kid, I would want to go to Disney when the prices are cheapest.

germanpope said:   If I was a kid, I would want to go to Disney.FTFY

I haven't had a puff of cigarette or anything else since college. I have no idea why so many people crap all over the topic of WDW breaks. No topics of interest to you on the entire FatWallet?

Professorkev, this is not Tripadvisor "loved 10 days at Boardwalk". How much? Thanks in advance

if it's about fun, you want to be on disney property. off-disney accomodation may be cheaper but it's not without its cost. i tried the off-disney property, but i imagined if i have to do it again i'd go on the whole disney property with its meal plan and everything included. sometimes when there are deals and promotions that route still ends up being just slightly more but the convenience is unbeatable and quite worth it i think.

As I made it clear, I always stay on site. What I can't understand is why members post on Fatwallet Deals without mention of the total price

Already had arrangements for a Disney vacation in June for our family of 5. Figured I'd run through this to see what they were quoting. Not a deal, at all. Even if you are considering on-site, you can get better deals on your own via promotions that Disney has or just shopping for everything individually and using the resources on this website here.

Correct. While KayK continues with his contribution to Fatwallet to red every topic which he has zero relationship to

I am going to let my kids stay home tomorrow and play CoD all day, just to piss SinglePapa off.

SinglePapa said:   Correct. While KayK continues with his contribution to Fatwallet to red every topic which he has zero relationship toI didnt red every topic.
I just red replies by you.
I do that because it's a part time hobby of mine.

kjl1977 said:   Already had arrangements for a Disney vacation in June for our family of 5. Figured I'd run through this to see what they were quoting. Not a deal, at all. Even if you are considering on-site, you can get better deals on your own via promotions that Disney has or just shopping for everything individually and using the resources on this website here. Without specifics, it's hard to compare. What hotel? What was the flight/lodging total? Are you renting a car or using shuttle to get to/from WDW? etc.

As others have mentioned (including SP), you have to take all expenses into account.

Bizatch said:   Disney Property is outrageous, compared to offsite hotels.

Would you mind taking a look at the actual prices and then correcting your post?

As OP pointed out, All-Star resorts are pretty dang cheap, according to Mousesavers., which shows a full-price "rack rate" starting at $109 for the targeted dates ... and you get ALL the on-property Disney bennies including Extra Magic Hours, etc. (Pop Century and Art of Animation are also pretty affordable - I've visited friends staying in Pop Century and I was impressed.) I think you can also do Disney Dining Plan with these, which is a HUGE value if you plan it right.

The tricky thing about this particular deal is that it doesn't really give you free airfare in a way where you can price it out. The whole "kids stay free" thing is kinda bogus too, because the package price fluctuates with the number of rooms. It adds up everyone in your party and then prices out hotel+airfare per person. Running the numbers under a few different scenarios, it looks as if you could probably put together a similar package on your own and maybe do a little better, without the VERY significant restrictions on this deal. (Like the OP, I ran this deal from a few cities where I'm familiar with the usual airfare, and only found one where the savings was more than $200.)

SinglePapa said:   I haven't had a puff of cigarette or anything else since college.

Dude, you are seriously high strung. Maybe you should rethink this...

Kidding. Just kidding.

But seriously - relax.

As I mentioned in the OP, I ran a quick example and showed a savings of over $1,000 using this promotion. I have all my data coming out in an article tomorrow with another site (I can not disclose since it's self promotion per FW rules). But here is a quick summary for comparison. Each persons situation and calculations are dependent on their own situations.

Buffalo (BUF)
May 16-21, 2013
Two adults and two kids
Disneys All Star Sports Resort
$307.62 per person or $1,230.46 for the total package

Priced separately for the same flights
$342.32 x 4 = $1,369.28 + taxes & fees $189.92 = $1,559.20
The hotel booked separately would be $672.35

Therefore, you can see this promotion creates a savings of over $1,000.

kjl1977 said:   Already had arrangements for a Disney vacation in June for our family of 5. Figured I'd run through this to see what they were quoting. Not a deal, at all. Even if you are considering on-site, you can get better deals on your own via promotions that Disney has or just shopping for everything individually and using the resources on this website here.

You realize this promotion does not even work with your travel dates, right?

WideOpenSpaces said:   As I mentioned in the OP, I ran a quick example and showed a savings of over $1,000 using this promotion. I have all my data coming out in an article tomorrow with another site (I can not disclose since it's self promotion per FW rules). But here is a quick summary for comparison. Each persons situation and calculations are dependent on their own situations.

Buffalo (BUF)
May 16-21, 2013
Two adults and two kids
Disneys All Star Sports Resort
$307.62 per person or $1,230.46 for the total package

Priced separately for the same flights
$342.32 x 4 = $1,369.28 + taxes & fees $189.92 = $1,559.20
The hotel booked separately would be $672.35

Therefore, you can see this promotion creates a savings of over $1,000.
Yeah, I can totally believe that it is going to work with some dates and some airports. But per the FW way, it's probably a good idea to price it out separately as well.

One good thing this whole deal tells us is that Disney is anxious to move rooms and JetBlue* is anxious to sell tickets at that time - probably more anxious than they usually are, since this going to translate into drastic discounts for some - so there are probably other deals out there for people who can't benefit from this one. (it got my interest since my family is based in the Orlando area ... we often piggyback on Disney-oriented deals to get people into town for family visits.)

(Last edit I swear The All-Star Resorts seem to be filling up fast. While I was "doin' the numbers" the resort I chose booked out on two of the nights I was checking.)

*and by extension other carriers? I know we were seeing some surprisingly good fares on SW when we were trying to schedule vacays for roughly the same time period.

What in this "offer" points to them all being anxious? But without this offer, it can be reasonably assumed that those dates are their shoulder season... Alas, they are not discounting appreciably at all. As I said, I do it twice as economically during their highest season - which is March 22 to April 7

While I get that it's more expensive to stay at a WDW property, given that it can be a once-in-a-childhood experience, as some have mentioned, I can see the appeal if you can afford it. I went to WDW when I was a kid and did not return until I had a 3 year old--any advantage you can find to get in earlier or wait in line faster is welcome.

Skipping 7 Messages...
biglittle said:   I am going to let my kids stay home tomorrow and play CoD all day, just to piss SinglePapa off. That's the FW spirit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.