• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Today I received a letter from Comcast saying I can order Comcast XFINITY (Economy plus) internet for $14.99 per month for 12 months. Expiry date 15th April.

It says "This limited-time offer is only available by calling 1-800-887-7213".

Member Summary

The internet (13.34kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
It's $49.99+ in my area 22192, for internet only. Called them, and NO such deals. Oh, and nothing for existing customers... (more)

roseabc (May. 30, 2013 @ 8:13p) |

In Florida, we have a TV add running for the same deal, $14.99 per month. I thought, what a bargain! So I called. Jared.... (more)

savannahsings (Jun. 02, 2013 @ 3:28p) |

I would call again and again and again ... at some point someone will give it to you just so you leave them alone

ciszew (Jun. 03, 2013 @ 11:28p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is that any faster than DSL? Can you still get the Performance or 20 mps plan from Comcast for just $5 more?

Is this for new subscribers only, or can existing customers get the deal, too?

yay (27.62kB)
Disclaimer
That's just great...

Is that phone number legit? I can't tie it to Comcast/Xfinity through a google search.

Isnt comcast always require basic cable at the least? Its ruining the price since basic cable is like 20 sd chanels where we can get 100 with an antena. I got 91 in houston, granted a few of them just blank but i guess they're coming soon?

Oh, concast charge 20 or 30 a month for basic cable. Havent been with them for more than a decade.

Also the then free and raised to $5 monthly modem renting fee is now $7 which is 50% of the low price. So dont forget to take that into account. All in all i doubt comcadt deals are worth it.

clamrade said:   Is that phone number legit? I can't tie it to Comcast/Xfinity through a google search.

Not sure, but seems to be legitimiate. It is mentioned clearly in the letter. When I called them, I didn't find anything unusual.

I plugged my address in the internet and not such deal comes up, where do you live?

Where are you located? zip code?

tuan2 said:   Isnt comcast always require basic cable at the least? Its ruining the price since basic cable is like 20 sd chanels where we can get 100 with an antena. I got 91 in houston, granted a few of them just blank but i guess they're coming soon?

Oh, concast charge 20 or 30 a month for basic cable. Havent been with them for more than a decade.

Also the then free and raised to $5 monthly modem renting fee is now $7 which is 50% of the low price. So dont forget to take that into account. All in all i doubt comcadt deals are worth it.

The first thing anyone should be doing if they are looking to get a deal is make sure they aren't renting a modem. 5 or 7 bucks makes no difference, one year of fees will cost you what a modem that lasts several years would.

I just called and signed up. I'm in 94110.

When I first called the gentleman from Comcast said something about it being 1.5mb download speed and the offer was from a third party. I explained to him that I called the number from the offer and got him. After poopooing on the speed he asked if I still wanted him to transfer me.

After being transferred, the new agent said it was a 3mb download and 762kb/s upload. They said a modem would be an additional $7/month. I already had one so I didn't have to do that.

They also mentioned that I could have the agent turn it on immediately for $33 or have them send me a welcome kit for $15. I asked what was in the welcome kit and it sounded like a bunch of paperwork. When I asked her about it she asked her supervisor and they waived the $15.

She said my internet should be up within a few hours.

They did ask for SSN and said they had to do a soft inquiry.

Now to call AT&T and say goodbye.

Thanks OP!

sokunthel said:   Where are you located? zip code?

tuan2 said:   Isnt comcast always require basic cable at the least? Its ruining the price since basic cable is like 20 sd chanels where we can get 100 with an antena. I got 91 in houston, granted a few of them just blank but i guess they're coming soon?

I have only high speed internet. Basic cable tv is another $15/mo. Basic cable is mainly local channels, so I dropped it when comcast required digital boxes, and now use an antenna. For cable shows, just get what I want from the internets.

Just tried this. Appears very legit - but they don't have the offer in Boston, MA.

"Is there anything else I can do for you sir?"

pickone said:   I plugged my address in the internet and not such deal comes up, where do you live?

Looks like this is just a phone offer, op gave you a phone number, try that and let us know what happened.

I got something in the mail for this. It is 3meg in my area. A bit too slow for my tastes.

I'd KILL for 3 MB. I live in Quincy, outside of Boston. You'd think there would be some ISP choice, but NO. There's Comcast/Xfinity and Verizon. That's it. And Verizon doesn't offer FIOS here, so I'm paying ~$60 month for SLOW DSL with Verizon, or ~$85 month with Xfinity. My choices SUCK!!!! If anyone else has any ideas, let me know.

I just finished up with Comcast for the last time. They have many tricks up their sleeve, absolutely horrible customer support and their policies are not customer friendly. They stink!!! My advice would be pay more and go with a REPUTABLE company.

I've had my cable internet with Comcast for over 15 years and have never had an issue with customer service. There was a few years back in the 90s where the service was flaky but they fixed that.

If you want faster than 3Mbps.. and you have Comcast cable TV service, you can get their 20Mbps internet for $19.99 for 6-months.

http://www.comcastoffers.com/offers/ For Non-cable customers...$29.99/month for Performance (4Mbps/15Mpbs) I consistently get over 20Mbps with burst.(for 6 months) with a $99 modem free after rebate. Says it ends 2/28, but itís the same promotion I did a year ago, but with a year. Goes to $42.95/month after 6-months, then to $62.95 after 12-months.

You can get it for $29.95/month for 12-months, if supply your own modem or rent one of theirs.
http://wwwb.comcast.com/internet-service.html

TheMouse said:   I've had my cable internet with Comcast for over 15 years and have never had an issue with customer service. There was a few years back in the 90s where the service was flaky but they fixed that.

Yeah? I got sent to collections after canceling my service and my payment clearing 5 days before the bill was due. This was after asking what I owed when I turned in the equipment and was told nothing. Which was after I spent three weeks trying to get service at my new house. Which has service available, but they just couldn't get their crap together.

All in all, it was good customer service because I was too cheap to switch to FIOS, but man am I glad I did. Faster, more channels and more reliable.

I received this same offer. Zip 60126. This is their Economy Plus tier speeds. It goes to $39.95 after the first year (or $29.95 if you have Xfinity TV or Voice service bundled).

Clocks said:   I got something in the mail for this. It is 3meg in my area. A bit too slow for my tastes.

Mine says it's 3 meg too, but I reliably get 20. It all varies wildly from location to location.

It might be cheaper to get Verizon LTE if that is offered in your area. I am thinking of doing that for a vacation home we have that is in an area with no high speed internet but Comcast. They know this and charge outrageous fees, but no one would rent if we didn't have high speed internet.

benwade said:   I'd KILL for 3 MB. I live in Quincy, outside of Boston. You'd think there would be some ISP choice, but NO. There's Comcast/Xfinity and Verizon. That's it. And Verizon doesn't offer FIOS here, so I'm paying ~$60 month for SLOW DSL with Verizon, or ~$85 month with Xfinity. My choices SUCK!!!! If anyone else has any ideas, let me know.

Are you kidding me ? I'm in the middle of the third largest city in the USA and my only choices are Comcast and ATT. Wish there were more choices.

Just wanted to add that I see this offer on their website (new customers only). 32301

Nothing available in Sunny Houston, internet only for $45/month + modem + installation

I only see 6 months offer on the website.

Comcast will only offer this in selected areas to new customers where they are having some broadband competition and they will check each address to confirm. The offer is actually $14.99 for first 12 months then $24.99 for months 13 to 18 (see attached picture that the OP did not include). Please also note that:
(1) It is hard to request to do a self install. They will charge $50 for installation plus $21.99 Package, Service and Equipment Fees, whatever those are and they will make up something like new customers will require professional installation because the address hasn't been serviced by Comcast in the last year (if you say it has only been 9 months, they will probably say it needs to be the last 3 or 6 months).
(2) They will charge you $39.99 per month for months 13 to 18 and you are going to have to dispute the charges to get the $24.99 for months 13 to 18. It doesn't matter to them that they are violating the terms of the postcard; they tell you right over the phone to go and dispute charges for the remainder months after the increase. You will have to take the proof of your letter or postcard down to the Comcast office and tell them the charge is $24.99 and not $39.99 per month for months 13 to 18.

edited and change 24 months to 18.

thrunner said:   Comcast will only offer this in selected areas to new customers where they are having some broadband competition and they will check each address to confirm. The offer is actually $14.99 for first 12 months then $24.99 for months 13 to 24 (see attached picture that the OP did not include). Please also note that:
(1) It is hard to request to do a self install. They will charge $50 for installation and they will make up something like new customers will require professional installation and the address hasn't been serviced by Comcast in the last year (if you say it has only been 9 months, they will probably say it needs to be the last 3 or 6 months).
(2) They will charge you $39.99 per month for months 13 to 24 and you are going to have to dispute the charges to get the $24.99 for months 13 to 24. It doesn't matter to them that they are not following the terms of the postcard; they tell you right over the phone to go and dispute charges for the remainder months after the increase. You will have to take the proof of your letter or postcard down to the Comcast office and tell them the charge is $24.99 and not $39.99 per month for months 13 to 24.

thanks for the post, but the card shows 24.99 for months 13-18, not 13-24

arribasn said:   ...
thanks for the post, but the card shows 24.99 for months 13-18, not 13-24
Thanks for catching that. For some reason I thought it was 24, perhaps one time it was.

Just ordered this for my father who has dsl (768/128 @ $19.99). I didn't mention the $14.99 at first,wanted to see what their lowest price was and he said $29.99. I then mentioned the $14.99 deal and he was like "oh yeah, we have that too". I connected the modem at my house so he can provision it to make sure the modem I had worked. Speedtest shows 3.5/800. Thanks OP

The only reason Comcast is offering this $14.99 deal is because in selected areas, they are having some wired broadband competition. In my area, AT&T has upgraded to Uverse and they are offering free upgrades for all the legacy DSL users (who hasn't upgraded yet to Uverse). AT&T provides all the equipment for free and no installation charge (or do free self install). In addition, AT&T offers the first year 3 Mbps U-verse Pro for $14.99 per month. So AT&T may be a cheaper way to go for another year if you are in that situation.

In my case I find it much easier to to call AT&T's "special transition" department that a real person from the US answered on the second ring and I could talk with without haggling. The telephone lines to Comcast is walled by their answering system that makes you wait 20 to 30 minutes before you can get to a real person.

After calling Comcast to cancel the initial scheduled installation, the Comcast rep finally offered to "give credit" for the installation charge. So perhaps any of you who wants this deal without the $50 installation and $21.99 service charges, you can schedule the installation a week to 10 days out and then call Comcast to cancel the installation and see if they will waive the charges.

lady said basic cable is needed to get the 14.99 deal .. are folks getting just internet with no other service.

Anyone knows the list of selected areas?

I received the same flyer in the mail. Detroit metro, the 14.99 price is for 3mbs down speed for 12 months 29.99 for 20 mbs.

happy108 said:   lady said basic cable is needed to get the 14.99 deal .. are folks getting just internet with no other service.

Yes, for me the offer is just for internet.

3 MB on cable is too low. Plus there is a $7 modem rental and the $35 install. I need at least 6 MB.

I received this offer in Fort Lauderdale area. After 18 months the price almost triples to $40.

alicequeenbeaumont said:   Anyone knows the list of selected areas?
Ask your neighbors, especially the ones without comcast, if they have received this letter or postcard. If you didn't receive the postcard, you may not be eligible. Comcast is not going to tell you if you are eligible until you call and specifically ask for this offer. If you noticed Comcast's competitor doing work around your neighborhood, that may be another tell.

MitchFlorida said:   3 MB on cable is a joke. Plus there is a $7 modem rental and the $35 install. I need at least 6 MB.
I received this offer in Fort Lauderdale area. After 18 months the price almost triples to $40.
The average broadband speed in the US as of August 2012 was 6.7 Mbps, so 3Mbps is like half a joke that is the uncompetitive nature of wired BB in the US. The installation charge for this offer is often $50 plus $21.99 service charge. You can use your own modem so the $7 rental fee is optional.

Skipping 28 Messages...
savannahsings said:   In Florida, we have a TV add running for the same deal, $14.99 per month. I thought, what a bargain! So I called. Jared...spelled Jard, said that he has never heard of that offer but can get me service for $79.99 a month...I just hung up on him...
I would call again and again and again ... at some point someone will give it to you just so you leave them alone

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014