• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
$15 for internet service is quite low. The problem is I want to pay more and get 6 mb.

https://wwwb.comcast.com/

this is for 30092 zip code

My $29.99 Performance Starter (10Mb/s) in 95403 zip code was due to expire and go the listed rate of $49.95. A buddy of mine had success last week calling the regular Comcast number and getting a reduction so I called, went thru the phone tree but pressed downgrade rather than disconnect. Told the rep I was price shopping, looking at U-Verse and could she drop my price; she was very pleasant, told me she valued my business and wanted to keep me as a customer. She offered to continue my Blast for another 12 months for $29.95 w/o a contract and I was happy with the deal.

I asked why her response was different and she said it all depends on the rep. She stated since she's in the loyalty department and is the last step prior to a customer walking away, she wants to keep the customer. The deals she has access to are dependent of the geographic area so not everyone can get the same deal - i.e. if there's no competition you may not be successful. Apparently she understands the cost of gaining new customers when a lot of the reps don't.

She said she'd be glad to talk to other customers looking at getting a better deal and gave me her extension - she's Christine at x3024479.

Dano

robby69 said:   
You can get it for $29.95/month for 12-months, if supply your own modem or rent one of theirs.
http://wwwb.comcast.com/internet-service.html


Just cancelled Comcast today. Like so many, after six months they shot up... they didn't even attempt to keep me. They were too busy trying to jot down who I was leaving Comcast for (grandfathered Verizon LTE + AT&T DSL - morons wanted me to name one or the other, was so hard to not say GTFO instead).

Now I have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem to sell...

Does Comcast supply you with a free wireless router? How much did you have to pay for the modem?

DanoMcGarret said:   
She said she'd be glad to talk to other customers looking at getting a better deal and gave me her extension - she's Christine at x3024479.

Dano



Their system doesn't even offer to enter an extention. You can only press 0 to speak to someone.

MitchFlorida said:   Does Comcast supply you with a free wireless router? How much did you have to pay for the modem?

You can rent a modem from them for $7 per month

I followed your link, but did not find that offer for 29.95 per month deal. Any ideas?
robby69 said:   If you want faster than 3Mbps.. and you have Comcast cable TV service, you can get their 20Mbps internet for $19.99 for 6-months.

http://www.comcastoffers.com/offers/ For Non-cable customers...$29.99/month for Performance (4Mbps/15Mpbs) I consistently get over 20Mbps with burst.(for 6 months) with a $99 modem free after rebate. Says it ends 2/28, but itís the same promotion I did a year ago, but with a year. Goes to $42.95/month after 6-months, then to $62.95 after 12-months.

You can get it for $29.95/month for 12-months, if supply your own modem or rent one of theirs.
http://wwwb.comcast.com/internet-service.html

Nope, deal not there at that link, lowest (regular) $44.99 for six-months only...

The best deal they have is 29.99 for 12 Mbps with a a free router and modem for six months. If they don't extend it, you can keep the equiptment and switch to AT&T for a year, then go back to Comcast for a 29.99 for a year special


c3 said:   http://www.comcast.com/gethighspeed

Nice try, but..."We're sorry, the offer you are looking for is not currently available" Which is ridiculous since my neighbor has Xfinity with Internet 15mps...

Squonk said:   c3 said:   http://www.comcast.com/gethighspeed

Nice try, but..."We're sorry, the offer you are looking for is not currently available" Which is ridiculous since my neighbor has Xfinity with Internet 15mps...


Offer is not available, which does not mean service is not available.

That's Comcast playing pricing games with you and other current customers. What they mean is the "current offer is not available" (to you). However, someone next door or two doors down will still be eligible for the $15 rate.

c3 said:   Squonk said:   c3 said:   http://www.comcast.com/gethighspeed

Nice try, but..."We're sorry, the offer you are looking for is not currently available" Which is ridiculous since my neighbor has Xfinity with Internet 15mps...


Offer is not available, which does not mean service is not available.


Huh??

DanoMcGarret said:   My $29.99 Performance Starter (10Mb/s) in 95403 zip code was due to expire and go the listed rate of $49.95. A buddy of mine had success last week calling the regular Comcast number and getting a reduction so I called, went thru the phone tree but pressed downgrade rather than disconnect. Told the rep I was price shopping, looking at U-Verse and could she drop my price; she was very pleasant, told me she valued my business and wanted to keep me as a customer. She offered to continue my Blast for another 12 months for $29.95 w/o a contract and I was happy with the deal.

I asked why her response was different and she said it all depends on the rep. She stated since she's in the loyalty department and is the last step prior to a customer walking away, she wants to keep the customer. The deals she has access to are dependent of the geographic area so not everyone can get the same deal - i.e. if there's no competition you may not be successful. Apparently she understands the cost of gaining new customers when a lot of the reps don't.

She said she'd be glad to talk to other customers looking at getting a better deal and gave me her extension - she's Christine at x3024479.

Dano


How do manage to enter in an extension? There doesn't seem to be an option to enter it except to just speak with a particular department.

called up the number..the representative said that they don't have any offers with those rates in their location. Bummer.. I am in san jose, ca.

Didn't get a card but I've been hearing local radio ads for it all of the time, over the last several weeks. However, when I punch it into their website, the $14.99 offer is being listed as unavailable.

Cheapest deal I've gotten was from http://www.comcast-deals.info 1-866-731-1853
$200 Visa Gift Card + Free router.

i just called the number in OP and got the offer (3mbs for $14.99 for 12 months) +$30 installation fee, tech suppose to be here next saturday and i have to find modem now

media1703 said:   Cheapest deal I've gotten was from http://www.comcast-deals.info 1-866-731-1853
$200 Visa Gift Card + Free router.



They will give you a rebate for the modem and router, minus shipping. The $200 gift card is only if you buy TV and telephone service from them. $30 for 6 months 15MB

media1703 said:   Cheapest deal I've gotten was from http://www.comcast-deals.info 1-866-731-1853
$200 Visa Gift Card + Free router.


Kind of strange for a big company like comast to had a .info website. I'm not saying it isn't a legit site, just seems a bit sketchy IMHO

www.comcastoffers.com seems a bit more legit.

Either way...comcast is evil...they all are

Could you please specify general location? (I still think if everyone always did that on most threads it would be SO much more helpful) Thanks, tho

ciszew said:   i just called the number in OP and got the offer (3mbs for $14.99 for 12 months) +$30 installation fee, tech suppose to be here next saturday and i have to find modem now

im in chicago il, on the southside, when i called women on the other side said she doesnt know anything about this promo but she will give me the deal im describing with no problems.

ciszew said:   im in chicago il, on the southside, when i called women on the other side said she doesnt know anything about this promo but she will give me the deal im describing with no problems.
thanks ciszew!

It's $49.99+ in my area 22192, for internet only. Called them, and NO such deals. Oh, and nothing for existing customers. Too bad.

In Florida, we have a TV add running for the same deal, $14.99 per month. I thought, what a bargain! So I called. Jared...spelled Jard, said that he has never heard of that offer but can get me service for $79.99 a month...I just hung up on him...

savannahsings said:   In Florida, we have a TV add running for the same deal, $14.99 per month. I thought, what a bargain! So I called. Jared...spelled Jard, said that he has never heard of that offer but can get me service for $79.99 a month...I just hung up on him...
I would call again and again and again ... at some point someone will give it to you just so you leave them alone



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014