Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Sceptre E465BV-FHDD
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have a 42" Sceptre and I'm very happy with it. It's not 3d, though. I think Sceptre is a very underrated brand. Have a friend who has had one of their monitors for about 8 years and it still looks great.

What about the 60htz refresh rate; isn't it kinda low for a LED or it doesn't matter for 46"??

missmatch said:   What about the 60htz refresh rate; isn't it kinda low for a LED or it doesn't matter for 46"??

That's the only reason I'm not thinking about biting. And it has nothing to do with that MotionPlus/TrueMotion crap. It's that interpolation of 24fps 3D on 60Hz sets gives weird convergence issues. There may be high end Blu-Ray players that fix this, but why would I buy a high end Blu-Ray player to go with my low end TV?

missmatch said:   What about the 60htz refresh rate; isn't it kinda low for a LED or it doesn't matter for 46"??I don't know about 3D, but as a 2D TV, I hate the 120htz refresh rate. It makes everything look like a soap opera (overly-smooth). But if you're not buying this for 3D, $400 bucks isn't anything to write home about. Seeing that it is 3D though, this is a good deal.

Good find OP, will have to check more into the reviews on this unit.

In 4 1 THANKS

Dotbody said:   missmatch said:   What about the 60htz refresh rate; isn't it kinda low for a LED or it doesn't matter for 46"??I don't know about 3D, but as a 2D TV, I hate the 120htz refresh rate. It makes everything look like a soap opera (overly-smooth). But if you're not buying this for 3D, $400 bucks isn't anything to write home about. Seeing that it is 3D though, this is a good deal.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it being a 120Hz TV and has absolutely everything to do with a menu setting called MotionPlus, TrueMotion, or 120Hz Mode depending on the manufacturer. This is what drives me nuts about when people start talking down on 120Hz. You want a 120Hz TV, there's nothing but benefits when you're watching 24fps movies or 3D movies...but people have been brainwashed by marketing to think 120Hz means soap opera mode.

ProppaT said:   That has absolutely nothing to do with it being a 120Hz TV and has absolutely everything to do with a menu setting called MotionPlus, TrueMotion, or 120Hz Mode depending on the manufacturer. This is what drives me nuts about when people start talking down on 120Hz. You want a 120Hz TV, there's nothing but benefits when you're watching 24fps movies or 3D movies...but people have been brainwashed by marketing to think 120Hz means soap opera mode.

If what you say is true, I thank you most adamantly! I had no idea about such a setting and will probably investigate this further. I'll be the first to admit I'm no expert on TVs (haven't owned one for a couple years). As a side note, it certainly wasn't marketing 'brainwashing' me (what marketer would be motivated to do such a thing); it was simply walking by a 120Hz TV at a furniture store and being very disappointed. Not much of an opportunity to know it's due to a setting when all the sign says is "120Hz!"

Nice.

Shows $449

From my experience with TV's, you get what you pay for. My parents get those cheap store brands and they break after 3-4 years. I still am running my Panasonic plasma from 2006 and it is as good as new. It also cost about $2500 though lol.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014