• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
mastroadam said:   I'm going to do a few accts just to see if they still credit it after 72 hours. Taking screen shots of all the cards and might combine in store. Or if you live in certain states you can make a small purchases and redeem for cash

It definitely still works...a bunch of my cards cycled this morning

It's going to still work, guys: SB is still advertising this promotion heavily. The question is what constitutes a "new user" nowadays....

kenblakely said:   It's going to still work, guys: SB is still advertising this promotion heavily. The question is what constitutes a "new user" nowadays....

The question isn't what constitutes a new user...it's how many times you can transfer balances before they shut you down

The question isn't what constitutes a new user...it's how many times you can transfer balances before they shut you down
.... balances which you won't get at all, if you're not a "new user".

kenblakely said:   It's going to still work, guys: SB is still advertising this promotion heavily. The question is what constitutes a "new user" nowadays....
As much as people say "SB won't go to all that trouble": well, SB *has* a phalanx of lawyers that *stay* on the payroll. Customers DON'T, so as much as they may gripe, the VAST majority inevitably won't go through much trouble if resolution gets complicated. SB and every other brand juggernaut knows this, so they aren't that shy about cranking up the old steam-roller.

That said, I'm curious as to whether SB already had a "new member" definition that supports the promo, but was simply not that rigorous in implementing it before the promo.

Seems clear that BEFORE the promo:

• unique email = unique SB account = unique SB member (allowing unique individual to have multiple member identities)

Then, AFTER the promo kicked in their RE-action to the exploits imply:

• unique individual with SINGLE email = unique SB account = unique SB member (not intending multiple member identities per individual?)

Could be that SB anticipated and accepted the multiple member identities to a single individual and considered it "acceptable". They sure as heck didn't anticipate awarding $5 to $0 new member startups.

Either way, SB can pretty much do whatever it wants: flush out "persons of interest", force them to dispute case-by-case. SB's side can be pretty much web-formed and automated. The POI, on the other hand, are forced into manual mode.

Pretty funny.
They are trying to pick the carcass clean.

Its amusing but im looking for the next thing now.

code 350
free tall macchiato

This does not work on eGift cards, so please be aware.

DeGlass said:   code 350
free tall macchiato
Huh? Do you enter this someplace to get it added to your account?

billrubin said:   DeGlass said:   code 350
free tall macchiato

You just go into the store and ask for it. It sounds like you should just be able to get it free in store, but when I went in tonight, the barista gave me a flyer with the offer on it and then said I have to wait to use it next time I come in. I don't think that was right, but I didn't argue with him.

Starbucks is on my sh*t list. I'm still waiting for my lowly $5. . .and the $2.16 that was already on the card that they swiped off when they pulled the $5. Grrrrrr!

NM

still waiting for my $5 for an account created yesterday. did I have to click thru a special link to get it. I just created a new account within the Iphone starbucks app.

Sounds like they are sending confirmation emails now

DeGlass said:   code 350
free tall macchiato

Thx, deGlass. TU.

hambirg said:   billrubin said:   DeGlass said:   code 350
free tall macchiato

You just go into the store and ask for it. It sounds like you should just be able to get it free in store, but when I went in tonight, the barista gave me a flyer with the offer on it and then said I have to wait to use it next time I come in. I don't think that was right, but I didn't argue with him.

Starbucks is on my sh*t list. I'm still waiting for my lowly $5. . .and the $2.16 that was already on the card that they swiped off when they pulled the $5. Grrrrrr!

You can d/L that scan of a flyer on SD, or write up a fake email and show it to the barista @ the register. valid thru Mar 14.

Code 350 took off the full cost + tax; nothing like a $1-tip to grease the palms

Just found out my card is 'locked' due to fraudulent activity.................anyone else experience this? Got off the phone with them and they said in a day or two i'll get an e-mail and they'll let me know the balance. Not the way to treat customers as I found out my account was 'frozen' when I went to pay....

ComputerGreek said:   Just found out my card is 'locked' due to fraudulent activity.................anyone else experience this? Got off the phone with them and they said in a day or two i'll get an e-mail and they'll let me know the balance. Not the way to treat customers as I found out my account was 'frozen' when I went to pay....Did you merge cards? I had never had a SB account with cards on it but had 3 cards that I'd gotten for participating in online briefings from a technology company. I created an account to add each one (turns out the 3rd card was a duplicate of the 2nd, they sent two emails for the same one) and then merged them before everything starting blowing up and early yesterday morning it went invalid. I have $40, of which $25 was real money. I'm hoping they'll at least give me my $25 back but haven't contacted them. They claim my card is invalid when I login.

I tried to register my starbucks egift card (bought from LivingSocial - balance now is $0) and the email says:

*Sorry, registered eGifts are not eligible for $5 offer.

Yes, I merged cards. What bothers me is that my balance before the offer is not available to me, and my account no longer exists. The rep told me I'll get a mail in a day or two with the results and what my balance will be - as there was fraudulent activity on the card...........unreal.

Seems anyone who did have their account locked will get a mail with the 'results' in a day or two..........I would imagine there will be quite a few surprised customers that will only find this out when they go to pay. Great customer service!

love it, thiefs calling foul...

richardyc said:   love it, thiefs calling foul...yeah, i'm really surprised that lots of them are still at it.

linrick said:   richardyc said:   love it, thiefs calling foul...yeah, i'm really surprised that lots of them are still at it.

Interesting - shows how out of touch I was. Read through the thread from the beginning and did some reading at SD. Makes more sense now why they are suspending accounts. I did not 'wash and repeat' but did get caught up in this mess...........

ComputerGreek said:   linrick said:   richardyc said:   love it, thiefs calling foul...yeah, i'm really surprised that lots of them are still at it.

Interesting - shows how out of touch I was. Read through the thread from the beginning and did some reading at SD. Makes more sense now why they are suspending accounts. I did not 'wash and repeat' but did get caught up in this mess...........

Come on!

That's like saying you took a puff but didn't inhale.

So, like others, I had a shipped order recalled once it was out for delivery.

Not a big deal and was expected as the entirety of the order was paid via this promotion, so I didn't bother anymore about it.

Today, I received two gift cards from Starbucks, which totaled the amount of the canceled order. WTF?

nvm

I found that the android 'create card' app didn't work for a week and suddenly started working today.

richardyc said:   love it, thiefs calling foul...

$5+ for coffee and you're calling us thieves?!?

I used an email address that I rarely check to register my card. I just checked and didn't get my $5.00 so I emailed starbucks. They told me I didn't get it because I didn't enter place of birth! WTF?? I don't even remember that being something to enter. Plus they never told me my registration was incomplete. Anyone else have that problem?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014