• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

media player
Disclaimer
Western Digital WD TV LIVE WiFi Streaming Media Player - Stream HD Content From Computers & Hard Drive Factory Refurbished
List Price $99.99
Savings $40.00 (41%)
Price: $59.99
+ Free shipping


http://1saleaday.com/wireless/


Product Info

As digital storage expands beyond traditional computer and server environments and into almost every aspect of your life, you need a company you can trust. Founded in 1970, WD is one of the data storage industry’s global pioneers and longtime leaders. They perform rigorous in-house testing to assure quality and reliability, and are committed to providing their customers with reliable, high-performance storage products and superior customer support and services.

Western digital’s WD TV line of media players has quickly gained tremendous popularity - and with good reason! You can stream hit movies, catch up on TV shows, stay connected to your social network, watch highlights from the biggest games of the season, and enjoy your home videos and vacation slideshows, all in Full-HD 1080p! Now there’s no need to settle for online entertainment on your small computer screen. With the WD TV Live streaming media player, you can enjoy it all in the comfort of your living room on the biggest screen in your house. Plus, it connects to your high-speed Internet connection wirelessly, and is so easy to set up, you'll be up and running in minutes.


Specs

Condition: Factory Refurbished
Packaging: Brown Box
Warranty: 1 Year
Manufacturer: Western Digital
Model: WDBHG70000NBK, WDBGXT0000NBK

Features Include:
•Watch the best of internet and your own media collection on an HDTV
•Supports a wide variety of the most popular files including MKV, MP4, XVID, AVI, WMV, and MOV video formats
•The WD TV Live can connect to the Internet connection wirelessly or via the Ethernet port
•The WD TV can stream media from any USB drive, network drive, PC or Mac computer in your home network
•Connect your camcorder or digital camera directly to the media center and instantly view or archive HD video and photos without a PC
•WD TV Live brings many of your favorite games, including Rockswap, Texas Hold ’em and Sudoku, to your big screen TV
•Stay posted on your favorite bloggers and websites with the RSS feed ticker
•The included remote control lets you make entertainment choices using an animated navigation menu
•Customize buttons on the remote for quick and easy access to your favorite music, photos, videos or menu choices
•Use the on-screen keyboard or attach a wired or wireless USB keyboard (not included) for easy text input
•Select your favorite song, movie, or photo slideshow to automatically play when the device is turned on
•The HDMI port lets you connect to the highest quality HDTV or home theater, or connect to a standard definition TV with a composite RCA cable
•Use the optical audio output to send digital signals to your AV receiver for the best surround sound experience
•Cool and quiet, this compact system integrates perfectly into your entertainment center
•Advanced Functions for Power Users
•Windows Vista and 7 Compatible, Microsoft certified Tested and Approved for Windows 7 compatibility
•Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth) 3.9 x 1.2 x 4.9”
•Weight: 6.7 oz

Package Includes:
Western Digital WD TV LIVE Streaming Media Player, Remote Control, AC Adapter

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

WD TV LIVE WiFi Streaming Media Playe
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have streaming via wifi with my Sony BluRay player and the menu is mostly premium pay for services. The rest are pushing new movies and show
you a 2 min clip...the rest is garbage at best like TMZ..so you can find out when Madonna bought new shoes. This concept is not what people think
it is...for many you need a username and password and you have to jump through hoops...yes, you can watch old tv show re-runs free...[big deal]
when someone is creative enough to provide a movie service that will show older movies like Catch 22, Autumn in New York,Thief,etc I may sign up
but be advised what this really is. ITS NO FREE LUNCH

Add "Refurbished" to title

I've owned this model since it was first introduced and it still has it's flaws & bugs. Firmware releases seem to add more bugs than fixes (sometimes). This model is first and foremost made for streaming SD & HD media from your wired or wireless network. It has some internet media capabilities but other makes like Roku and others have much more internet related stuff.

This internet site's primary products are products that failed in the market, fail at execution.This is why they are being sold at a discount. The mfg blows out old stock, returns etc to one sale a dayand one sale finds suckers through their email lists to sell it to people who buy first and ask questions later.

Needed another one of these, thanks for the deal OP!

blueribb said:   Add "Refurbished" to title

I've owned this model since it was first introduced and it still has it's flaws & bugs. Firmware releases seem to add more bugs than fixes (sometimes). This model is first and foremost made for streaming SD & HD media from your wired or wireless network. It has some internet media capabilities but other makes like Roku and others have much more internet related stuff.


Can this access SMB/CIFS shares directly on the network or does it require uPNP or DLNA?

kimgkimg said:   blueribb said:   Add "Refurbished" to title

I've owned this model since it was first introduced and it still has it's flaws & bugs. Firmware releases seem to add more bugs than fixes (sometimes). This model is first and foremost made for streaming SD & HD media from your wired or wireless network. It has some internet media capabilities but other makes like Roku and others have much more internet related stuff.


Can this access SMB/CIFS shares directly on the network or does it require uPNP or DLNA?


It will access network shares. I've had it connecting to my NAS and a windows network share in the past.
For local streaming media, this device works really well. If you have 1080p content, wifi could have some issues depending on the bitrate and your wifi location. I would highly recommend wired ethernet for 1080p content.

as requested "refurbish" added to title

I have bought a Toshiba "refurbished" 17" I7 win 7 computer for a "song" and have been incredibly pleased. Knocking on wood, not a single issue and I use it for 7-9 hrs every day. They have a good return policy and while it took a little longer for delivery, customer service was honest and courteous. I am sure there are horror stories out there but for me I rate it a 7.5 out of 10.

Has anyone used this with SlingPlayer for Connected Devices? Is it better than the netgear devices in regards to the lag using a remote control.

I bought this a few months ago through another site, also refurbished for the same price, and so far it's been working great. Every now and then it'll freeze and you have to restart it but then works fine. I have it connected over ethernet to my Synology NAS and it plays basically any file but I mostly have mkv's. haven't really used it for internet content like Hulu or Netflix much but the times I have it worked fine. I use other apps out there to add the metadata like WDTV Live Hub Autogenerator for movies and TVDB XML fetcher for TV shows. All together works great.

belgique said:   I have streaming via wifi with my Sony BluRay player and the menu is mostly premium pay for services. The rest are pushing new movies and show
you a 2 min clip...the rest is garbage at best like TMZ..so you can find out when Madonna bought new shoes. This concept is not what people think
it is...for many you need a username and password and you have to jump through hoops...yes, you can watch old tv show re-runs free...[big deal]
when someone is creative enough to provide a movie service that will show older movies like Catch 22, Autumn in New York,Thief,etc I may sign up
but be advised what this really is. ITS NO FREE LUNCH
You have no clue what this is, do you?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014