• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Marlin1975 said:   keaton85 said:   Incorrect, all cars benefit from synthetic. NOT all cars need synthetic.

If you have a regular old N/A that is not a known sludge motor, then sure dino every 5K-6K depending on driving habit. If you want to extend your OCI further then go for synthetic with 10K-12K OCI. Just keep in mind that your filter might not last that long depending on current engine condition.

Do the research for your specific vehicle as the manufacture most times has it all wrong. Why on earth would I believe a car manual that states that ATF is a lifetime fluid? or that running 30 weight is required, when 40 weight is actually a much better oil for the motor. Over and over again, the manuals are legal BS, use your brain and do the research (unless your still under warranty).

And what do you bas that off of?
I use to be a Tech and I can't remember any mass-production car has called for 40weight(or 10w40) oil. It went straight 30, 10w30, 5w30, 5w20, and now some are 0w20 as the main oils in use.

Some VWs.

Seems like you may be able to double dip with this offer.

You should be able to double dip, I haven't seen anything that could link both together and cancel one out. I'm just going to have to try.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014