• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Chevron Techron Concentrate
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Problem with your ENGLAND video is they never tested the product from Chevron. I use it in all 3 of my road bikes and m... (more)

Muggles (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 10:11p) |

Well you may well actually experience all these aspects as a result of using this Chevron product - the only real way to... (more)

gtd2000 (Mar. 30, 2013 @ 12:23a) |

In many of their owner's manuals, GM, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Audi recommend to use Top Tier Gas because of ... (more)

esoterica (Mar. 30, 2013 @ 11:03a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

PC4U123 code will take $10 off on your $30 order. It is valid code but it just won't take $10 off on the payment page.

Need some help here.

inhoso69 said:   PC4U123 code will take $10 off on your $30 order. It is valid code but it just won't take $10 off on the payment page.

Need some help here.

can't use coupons on this deal.

in for 20 of them....love to run them when I go on cross country drives to really give the fuel system a complete cleaning.

They also have B1G1 FREE on this deal right now in store. Not sure if in store price would be $6.49 though or regular price. I guess that's YMMV.

Excalibur said:   They also have B1G1 FREE on this deal right now in store. Not sure if in store price would be $6.49 though or regular price. I guess that's YMMV.

It's $12.99 bogo, this is good if you only want 1 or an odd number of bottles to buy.

Wait a minute before you pull the trigger...

PepBoys still has this on sale until 3.3.2013 at $6 for non-members and $5 for members. That is if you have a PepBoys around and can come in to make in-store purchases. Otherwise, this deal is a go!

Ad to end 3.3.2013

CheapToGo said:   Wait a minute before you pull the trigger...

PepBoys still has this on sale until 3.3.2013 at $6 for non-members and $5 for members. That is if you have a PepBoys around and can come in to make in-store purchases. Otherwise, this deal is a go!

Ad to end 3.3.2013

how many ounces in the PepBoys bottle?

MISTERCHEAP said:   CheapToGo said:   Wait a minute before you pull the trigger...

Ad to end 3.3.2013

how many ounces in the PepBoys bottle?

Oooo! I missed a detail there and embarrassed myself! Touché...the deal by PepBoys is not a better deal. This is a better deal at Advanced Auto!

In for one..to test

Tried to pick up a few but got this message...

Sorry, there is no store availability for Chevron Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner (20 oz.) within 50 miles of 91504

Is there a shelf life? Can this be stock up?

Wow, I can't believe this is normally $13 at Advance! It's $6.75 at Dollar General and $6.83 through Amazon if you buy a 6-pack.

If you ask me, these things are overrated and I have never seen any noticeable improvement. It is basically burning money down the drain. Today's fuels already have their own chemicals to keep your engine running clean. You'd be better off getting a complete kit that does more than run overpriced 'cleaner' through your engine. There is a lot more to it than that.

Necromancer said:   If you ask me, these things are overrated and I have never seen any noticeable improvement. It is basically burning money down the drain. Today's fuels already have their own chemicals to keep your engine running clean. You'd be better off getting a complete kit that does more than run overpriced 'cleaner' through your engine. There is a lot more to it than that.

Turns out that no one asked you. I have run this through my engine and I know it cleans carbon deposits because I looked under the manifold pre/post use and the difference is clear. There are products that are snake oil and others that actually do something. This is the latter. As noted before, many of you keep confusing 12 oz cans for this one which is 20. There is also a regular vs. concentrated version (this one).

IMO this is expensive detergent add to your gas tank. Cheaper to go put in the shell gas, they claim to add more detergent into their gas....they don't exactly say they add detergent...they say they add some magic to make your car burn clean.

good stuff. Actually works(if you need it)

Sometimes coupons stack with it sometimes not.

seems to come up every 2monthes or so..

at AZ, AAP, or O'O'O'O'Riellys

as was mentioned make sure you are comparing the

techron concentrate 20oz

not progard or 12oz bottles.

Bought a couple yesterday. Thanks op.

Take 15% off orders of $50 or more, plus get a $25 coupon toward a future purchase over $50. Enter code MAC4 at checkout. Online only.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/content_sitewide-15-percent-off-50-130225___

pamraj said:   Take 15% off orders of $50 or more, plus get a $25 coupon toward a future purchase over $50. Enter code MAC4 at checkout. Online only.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/conte...

Discount codes don't work on BOGO items.

If I remember correctly, if you are member of Sam's Club, they have a box of 4 bottles for $20, it's the concentrate techron, not the one in costco regular fuel system cleaner. But I'm not sure the size.

Sams

Pic at Sams Club site shows 12 oz.

Some reading...

Fuel Injector Cleaner Tests

The above link said: 1. Any thoughts about why Techron (one of the more hyped and expensive cleaners) faired so poorly?

Basically, any engine additive/cleaner/friction reducer is usually snake oil. It's a lot like saying the whole drivetrain system, which has been continually developed and perfected over the last 150 years, is also so flawed that some little bottle of wonder goo will solve all your ills. In reality, if anything is fundamentally wrong with the design, that bottle of goo is about as likely to fix it as you are to be bitten by a rabid pig while simultaneously being struck by lightning and attacked by mutant, ill tempered sea bass.

gtd2000 said:   Some reading...

Fuel Injector Cleaner Tests

The above link said: 1. Any thoughts about why Techron (one of the more hyped and expensive cleaners) faired so poorly?

Basically, any engine additive/cleaner/friction reducer is usually snake oil. It's a lot like saying the whole drivetrain system, which has been continually developed and perfected over the last 150 years, is also so flawed that some little bottle of wonder goo will solve all your ills. In reality, if anything is fundamentally wrong with the design, that bottle of goo is about as likely to fix it as you are to be bitten by a rabid pig while simultaneously being struck by lightning and attacked by mutant, ill tempered sea bass.

Hmmm....there are a lot of positive reviews on various websites that say it's a good, useful product, but this one review does not. I'm not so sure I can trust this one viewpoint.

bhoup said:   

Hmmm....there are a lot of positive reviews on various websites that say it's a good, useful product, but this one review does not. I'm not so sure I can trust this one viewpoint.

You do have a point but generally speaking, these gasolene additives are simply considered (and often proven to be) an expensive waste of money and may only have a placebo effect.

Years ago we used to change the standard exhaust pipes on our motorcyles and make them more "powerful" with loud after-market items.

We'd all swear blind that they were a definite improvement - the truth was, in virtually every case, the machine actually made less useable power when tested.

There might be some extreme examples where a severely neglected engine has one of these treatments that makes some difference but for most people it's not going to do anything at all.

If somebody has independent analysis, to the contrary, I'm happy to change my general viewpoint.

Examples of fuel additives claims vs reality:

5th Gear - Myth about fuel additives

gtd2000 said:   bhoup said:   

You do have a point but generally speaking, these gasolene additives are simply considered (and often proven to be) an expensive waste of money and may only have a placebo effect.

Years ago we used to change the standard exhaust pipes on our motorcyles and make them more "powerful" with loud after-market items.

We'd all swear blind that they were a definite improvement - the truth was, in virtually every case, the machine actually made less useable power when tested.

There might be some extreme examples where a severely neglected engine has one of these treatments that makes some difference but for most people it's not going to do anything at all.

If somebody has independent analysis, to the contrary, I'm happy to change my general viewpoint.

Examples of fuel additives claims vs reality:

5th Gear - Myth about fuel additives

Problem with your ENGLAND video is they never tested the product from Chevron. I use it in all 3 of my road bikes and my 1983 Chevy G20 305 van.
And in all 3, I can tell a difference when you crack the throttles open. Is it worth the money? To me it is. But hey.....thats my opinion.

Muggles said:   
Problem with your ENGLAND video is they never tested the product from Chevron. I use it in all 3 of my road bikes and my 1983 Chevy G20 305 van.
And in all 3, I can tell a difference when you crack the throttles open. Is it worth the money? To me it is. But hey.....thats my opinion.

Well you may well actually experience all these aspects as a result of using this Chevron product - the only real way to know for sure is if an independent lab test was undertaken.

Until then, my opinion is still very much that of a skeptic.

I have no problem with your opinion at all

In many of their owner's manuals, GM, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Audi recommend to use Top Tier Gas because of the added detergents. Chevron gas meets the Top Tier requirements, and Techron concentrate is just the detergent additives without the gas, so it's likely beneficial to many people (especially those with direct injection engines which are notorious for carbon buildup on the valves).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014