• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Hoarding 22LR does not need to much money. Expensive stuff like 1500+ premium black rifles are in stock everywhere. Inex... (more)

Stas1976 (Mar. 06, 2013 @ 1:19p) |

the prices already went through correction, but .223 is freaking unobtanium right now

Burzhui (Mar. 06, 2013 @ 2:03p) |

And as far as "hoarding" goes. Usually when I have a training class scheduled I just go online and buy the 1k or so rou... (more)

skansiewicz (Mar. 06, 2013 @ 2:24p) |

This might be a sign that the buying/pricing hysteria is calming down.

The gun is still in stock hours after OPs post.

This is a quality rifle at a decent price. Thanks OP.

RRA's were hard to find in stock before the craziness. In todays market thats a pretty darn good price.

frett said:   This might be a sign that the buying/pricing hysteria is calming down.

People have finally realized no ban will pass this year or in years to come. Thank god

$800 gun for $1399. What a great deal!

Dressed pretty nice but I would still say it has at least a 15% surcharge on it.

frett said:   This might be a sign that the buying/pricing hysteria is calming down.

Between this and the Sig last week, I'd say yes.

Think about it, there are only so many people who are interested in an AR at all. Then remove the folks who refused to buy at 2x's MSRP. I think that market is exhausted. The only folks left are those who weren't willing to pay those prices.

When were these guns EVER $800? Don't confuse this for a DPMS or Bushmaster. Rock River makes a high quality rifle.

BigRedOne111 said:   $800 gun for $1399. What a great deal!

When it was $800 ? It was 1100 and hard to find even before November

BigRedOne111 said:   $800 gun for $1399. What a great deal!

There are no willing participants in the market willing to sell this rifle at $800...

COLT
M4 CARBINE 5.56MM CALIFORNIA COMPLIANT
$1,399.99

Non firing display model. lol just kidding this line added by me. Not sure what makes it CA compliant

xpaphil said:   COLT
M4 CARBINE 5.56MM CALIFORNIA COMPLIANT
$1,399.99

Non firing display model. lol just kidding this line added by me. Not sure what makes it CA compliant

Went to Gander Mountian and looked at that gun last week & it sucked, what made it California complaint was it only took a special 10 round magazine that you couldn't get out a(without special tools) after you installed it and had to load it from the top side somehow at least that was according to the guy in the gun dept. I passed on that one and found me one of these for MSRP ($999) at the local store in stock, they supposed to get a load in once a week but they go fast.......

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view...

Its a good price for RRA, especially with the frenzy.

As far as supply goes it will be erratic for the next year or so. Most manufacturers use 3rd party facilities to produce their rifle components, and those tooling schedules are not flexible. Everyone was out of stock at Shot Show, and only a handful were taking back orders. Most companies are not planning significant production increases for next year even with the ridiculous current demand. They're all looking at what happened when Clinton took office and a year later the demand was gone with lopsided supply. Ammo is a whole other story, its been short the last 3-4 years anyway, and will take years to catch up. Brass and primer both are ridiculous right now, best bet for big shooters is to secure some primer and get serious about reloading.

CptSavAHo said:   Its a good price for RRA, especially with the frenzy.

As far as supply goes it will be erratic for the next year or so. Most manufacturers use 3rd party facilities to produce their rifle components, and those tooling schedules are not flexible. Everyone was out of stock at Shot Show, and only a handful were taking back orders. Most companies are not planning significant production increases for next year even with the ridiculous current demand. They're all looking at what happened when Clinton took office and a year later the demand was gone with lopsided supply. Ammo is a whole other story, its been short the last 3-4 years anyway, and will take years to catch up. Brass and primer both are ridiculous right now, best bet for big shooters is to secure some primer and get serious about reloading.

Don't send me to google please. Tell me how much it costs to setup my own reloading shop. I have a basement and do not want to run a large scale. 900$ is a top budget for entire set of tools. If it is more than that then overpriced ammo rocks! Do not need to reload anything will happily buy overpriced ammo.

Stas1976 said:   CptSavAHo said:   Its a good price for RRA, especially with the frenzy.

Don't send me to google please. Tell me how much it costs to setup my own reloading shop. I have a basement and do not want to run a large scale. 900$ is a top budget for entire set of tools. If it is more than that then overpriced ammo rocks! Do not need to reload anything will happily buy overpriced ammo.

Stas, you're hijacking your own post!

I'm not going to send you to Google but ar-15.com has some great forums to ask this question in.

Just as a price comparison, Gander Mountain was selling a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 .223 16" with EOTech 512 sight for $1,499. It was up for a while before selling out a few minutes ago.

An EOTech 512 sight runs about $400, so that puts the rifle about $1,100.

I think we're starting to see some price stabilization, and these rifles are not selling out as quickly.

Stas1976 said:   CptSavAHo said:   Its a good price for RRA, especially with the frenzy.

Basement is a bad place to reload. You want good ventilation, light etc.

Dillon 1050 is standard reloading machine for hand loads, starts around $1500. It has several stations on a rotation platform so every time you pull the handle you cycle the stations and eject ONE finished cartridge. A rockstar can do about 350 hand loads an hour. Some people have hooked up machines to make them run automatically, but there's no safety catch or quality control and its VERY dangerous. For serious reloading you are looking at $30k for a pistol caliber autoloader ~4k rounds an hour in a single caliber or $70k for rifle caliber ~3k rounds an hour in a single caliber. For autoloaders you need new or completely sized and cleaned to like new brass, so $15k or so for machines to trim. $900 won't get you anywhere close, look at 4-5x that budget for enough equipment and supplies to do a few thousand rounds.

PM me if you have questions.

The Lee Pro 1000 is about $175 and works just fine for reloading on a budget. You get what you need for one caliber at that price and can get accessories to due most handgun and 223 at reasonable prices. While more expensive reloaders are definitely easy to use and maintain, if you are moderately mechanically inclined and willing to trade a little time for less money, I recommend the Lee Pro. I can load 300 9MM an hour and a friend does 40/45/223 with the same press. Again, a little extra maintenance over a Dillon from what I am told, but for a third of the price doesn't bother me at all.

r4ndy said:   The Lee Pro 1000 is about $175 and works just fine for reloading on a budget. You get what you need for one caliber at that price and can get accessories to due most handgun and 223 at reasonable prices. While more expensive reloaders are definitely easy to use and maintain, if you are moderately mechanically inclined and willing to trade a little time for less money, I recommend the Lee Pro. I can load 300 9MM an hour and a friend does 40/45/223 with the same press. Again, a little extra maintenance over a Dillon from what I am told, but for a third of the price doesn't bother me at all.

10% of the price. 175 vs 1500.

I just ordered a Rockchucker setup for 450ish. I'll report once I run my first trials.

frett said:   

I think we're starting to see some price stabilization, and these rifles are not selling out as quickly.

I think the gun nuts are finally running out of the money they've been hiding under their mattresses and have maxed out all their credit cards. I hope they regret creating this paranoia that does nothing but help the manufacturers create new price points. But I know they won't.

kevins7189 said:   frett said:   

I think the gun nuts are finally running out of the money they've been hiding under their mattresses and have maxed out all their credit cards. I hope they regret creating this paranoia that does nothing but help the manufacturers create new price points. But I know they won't.

Hoarding 22LR does not need to much money. Expensive stuff like 1500+ premium black rifles are in stock everywhere. Inexpensive stuff that most people use like DPMS rifles, LR22 and 9MM ammo seems to getting even harder to get.

the prices already went through correction, but .223 is freaking unobtanium right now

Stas1976 said:   kevins7189 said:   frett said:   

Hoarding 22LR does not need to much money. Expensive stuff like 1500+ premium black rifles are in stock everywhere. Inexpensive stuff that most people use like DPMS rifles, LR22 and 9MM ammo seems to getting even harder to get.

And as far as "hoarding" goes. Usually when I have a training class scheduled I just go online and buy the 1k or so rounds it will take for my wife and I to go through the class a couple weeks out. That doesn't look plausible, so instead I'm picking up some here and there so I don't dip too deeply into my "stockpile" of training ammo when we do our annual go out and shoot times.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014