• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Toshiba Canvio 3TB OD Receipt
Disclaimer
There was another post the other day about using the 30% off a regularly priced item at Office Depot for some WD portable hard drives.

I went over this evening to a Falls Church, VA store and picked up the Toshiba Canvio 3TB external for $89.99 after using the coupon.

The Toshiba is currently on sale for $119.99 ($10 off the regular price). The coupon will only take off 30% from the regular price of $129, which is still a good deal.

The manager had to do a little overriding on the register for everything to work, but no big deal.

Receipt image attached.

Coupon Link:
30% Off Coupon

Expires March 2.

Member Summary

Toshiba Canvio 3TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seems a good price, and the coupon posted does not exclude tech (parts/upgrades). $30 per TB is admirable.

Green for you!

Looking for internal drive , but this still deserves GREEN !

stereo55 said:   Looking for internal drive , but this still deserves GREEN !

Break it open and use it!

Powderhorn said:   stereo55 said:   Looking for internal drive , but this still deserves GREEN !

Break it open and use it!

How is this in comparision to 'Western Digital« My Passport« Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive, 2TB, Black'. I am not sure which one to get. Appreciate any inputs.
TIA

I already tried to get this very drive with that coupon earlier this week! At my store, they told me the coupon excluded technology!! I asked them to read to me on the coupon where it excluded technology because I specifically made sure the coupon didn't. He told me the coupon said it excludes computers and that includes everything related to a computer including hard drives?!?!?!

The store manager eventually told me he would try the code and if it worked they would let me have it at the lower price but they entered the code and the system register wouldn't allow it. They said there was nothing they could do.

MysteriousGirl said:   How is this in comparision to 'Western Digital« My Passport« Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive, 2TB, Black'.
I think the internal drive is a Hitachi design because the bottom of a Toshiba internal has the same blue circuit board and no-rib aluminum body. I don't understand this because I thought Hitachi's hard disk division was bought out by Western Digital.

jasonatq1520radiocom said:   I already tried to get this very drive with that coupon earlier this week! At my store, they told me the coupon excluded technology!! I asked them to read to me on the coupon where it excluded technology because I specifically made sure the coupon didn't. He told me the coupon said it excludes computers and that includes everything related to a computer including hard drives?!?!?!

The store manager eventually told me he would try the code and if it worked they would let me have it at the lower price but they entered the code and the system register wouldn't allow it. They said there was nothing they could do.

Does that mean the coupon also can't be used to buy paper shredders, which also have computers in them?

Note that coupon is 30% off Regularly priced item, and this is a Sale item, so YMMV

EDIT sorry nevermind I did not read all of OP message, discount is off regular price.

tried it at my local OD. No luck; they would not adjust the price to allow for the use of the coupon.

Bought the last 2 at my location. Thanx OP.

Thanks joelkirzner, was able to score one! Hope this is a good drive.

I was initially turned down by the manager on the coupon here in Alpharetta, GA. I went back out to look at the other drives and an employee walks up and asked if he could help me. I told him the situation and he says "we can take the coupon for sure". Sure enough he got the deal done. The cashier said he was the "big guy" and over ruled the other manager. I assume she meant he was the store manager.

Happy ending; I got my drive. Thanks joelkirzner!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014