Acronis True Image, $14.99 at Newegg

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Acronis True Image 2013
Normally $49.99- use promo code EMCYTZT3013 to bring price to $14.99. Free shipping. Deals expire at 11:59pm PT on Sunday, 3/3/2013.

Member Summary

Acronis True Image
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you are thinking of buying this, I STRONGLY suggest reading the reviews first (at Newegg and Amazon) for this version as well as the last couple of versions. Acronis True Image USED to be a great program, but the last few versions have been extremely buggy.

<-- Owner of previous version, probably wouldn't install even a free version on a computer that had any critical data.

WalterGuy said:   If you are thinking of buying this, I STRONGLY suggest reading the reviews first (at Newegg and Amazon) for this version as well as the last couple of versions. Acronis True Image USED to be a great program, but the last few versions have been extremely buggy.

<-- Owner of previous version, probably wouldn't install even a free version on a computer that had any critical data.

WalterGuy, could you suggest any particular source of information? I've been using ATI since version 10 (except for 2013) and its been working stable for me, doing exactly what I bought it for. I'm always using only the BootCD portion of the application for data migrations.

thx

mandrew2005 said:   WalterGuy said:   If you are thinking of buying this, I STRONGLY suggest reading the reviews first (at Newegg and Amazon) for this version as well as the last couple of versions. Acronis True Image USED to be a great program, but the last few versions have been extremely buggy.

WalterGuy, could you suggest any particular source of information? I've been using ATI since version 10 (except for 2013) and its been working stable for me, doing exactly what I bought it for. I'm always using only the BootCD portion of the application for data migrations.

thx

I used older versions of Acronis with XP and never had any issues but when I was searching for a newer version that was compatible with Win 8, I ran across lots of negative reviews here:

link click on "40 customers reviews" next to the stars

not sure if you are doing incremental imaging with Acronis, but i highly recommend macrium reflect free:

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Use V.me at checkout and receive an additional 10% off ($1.50).

Do not need a Visa credit card, register using any credit card.

cbkcc100 said:   not sure if you are doing incremental imaging with Acronis, but i highly recommend macrium reflect free:

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Incremental imaging was my downfall with Acronis. It would both bog my computer way down and it was extremely iffy whether or not I could restore from the backups the several times I tried. Not exactly reassuring for a computer you run your business on. Macrium reflect is what I went to (along with standard MS backup) after I abandoned Acronis.

After the program corrupted my father's master boot record (MBR) on his brand new windows 7 machine, and I witnessed how useless their customer service was, I personally would use something else. It appears that they are aware that there have been issues with the last few versions, but don't care.

Caveat emptor.

I used to love Acrönis, but after version 8 it went drastically downhill and I no longer recommend any recent version to my clients. Version 8 is very good if you are running XP, and you can probably find one of the many free versions of that which were given away a couple years back.

Macrium Reflect free version is quite good, and for most home users the major difference between the free and the paid version is that the free version does not compress the backup.

Whether new version or old, I never recommend doing incremental backups. The validity of a backup should never depend on the presence/absence or validity of a previous backup file.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014