• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Decent price on 'Monster Memory' in this week's ad, which seems to be generic DDR2 for older computers.

Posting as DDR2 deals are tough to find compared to current cheap-as-you-wish DDR3 prices.

Offer is good for B&M stores as well as shipping (not free) to home.

Good luck..!

Member Summary

2x2gb sticks of DDR2 PCc6400/800mhz
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Newegg has no-name-brand sticks for the same price. Not really a hot deal.

The frys.com deal for the Corsair DDR2-800 (name brand, lifetime warranty) for $45 for 2x2GB was better.

VirtuaL said:   Newegg has no-name-brand sticks for the same price. Not really a hot deal.

The frys.com deal for the Corsair DDR2-800 (name brand, lifetime warranty) for $45 for 2x2GB was better.

If I recall correctly, the Corsair was CAS6, else I would have picked it up myself.

looking to max out my old nvidia Mobo, it maxes out at 8 GB DDR2, any deals for that amt?

Very tempted to get this to bump ram up to 8 gigs. Think it's worth it?

I think a lot of DDR and DDR2 modules are now being made from used chips that aren't screened very thoroughly because I've been getting a failure rate of roughly 30%, compared to 10% in past years.

If you're running a 32-bit operating system, there's no benefit of having more than 4GB, and there may not be much even with a 64-bit OS, unless it's Windows Vista.

Drunken1 said:   looking to max out my old nvidia Mobo, it maxes out at 8 GB DDR2, any deals for that amt?

Buy two matching 4GB (2x2GB) kits?

scrouds said:   Very tempted to get this to bump ram up to 8 gigs. Think it's worth it?

Yes. I maxed out my two P35-chipset Socket 775 boards with quad-cores to 8GB (4x2GB). 8GB is the minimum that I recommend, for moderate to heavy web-browsing these days with multiple tabs. I found myself bumping up against the 4GB limit on this Gateway computer, so I upgraded to 2x4GB DDR3.

Fry's ad sales end on Tuesday (as in yesterday).

If you're in the market for DDR2, the best 'non-sale price' I've seen for name brand DDR2 is Gskill on Newegg. No tax for many, free shipping @ $57 for 2 x 2GB sticks. Almost 3,000 5-star reviews.

Link

Logan71 said:   Fry's ad sales end on Tuesday (as in yesterday).

If you're in the market for DDR2, the best 'non-sale price' I've seen for name brand DDR2 is Gskill on Newegg. No tax for many, free shipping @ $57 for 2 x 2GB sticks. Almost 3,000 5-star reviews.

Link

Thanks OP. I am regret for Frys.

Man, last time I looked for a DDR2 deal on here it was $7 for Crucial Ballistix 1GB sticks [With free shipping from Fry's]

Not worth investing more now, better to get 8GB of DDR3 for LESS than 4GB of DDR2 and upgrade the old motherboard to something new...

critofur said:   better to get 8GB of DDR3 for LESS than 4GB of DDR2 and upgrade the old motherboard to something new...

Geeks.com has some S775 Intel P45 ATX boards, refurb, for $35, that take DDR3.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014