Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

JVC Everio 1080p FULL HD Camcorder
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Fairly scathing review on Amaz0n

I found the ergonomics to be disastrous....

2. With the battery projecting from the back of the unit, it was nearly impossible for my thumb to reach the record button....

3. The Play, Up/Left, Down/Right, OK/Info, and Menu buttons run down the inside rear of the camcorder and are impossible to press with one's thumb. I found I have to use my index finger (or fingernail) from my other hand to press these tiny buttons.

4. The index finger is supposed to rest on the Wide/Tele lever. But just behind the lever is a rarely used button toggling between Auto and Manual modes. I don't know why this option couldn't have been selectable from a menu. I found I needed to use my middle finger to adjust the W/T lever so as not to accidentally switch to manual mode.....

...........it formats video as MTS files (mpeg transport stream, supporting HD video reproduction.) This is fine if you want to watch videos directly from the camcorder or while connected to a TV or other video device. Trouble is, if you want to download the files and watch them on your computer, you have to locate and download an MTS viewer to watch them. Worse, if you want to convert the files to another format for editing and other purposes, you have to locate and download a converter. The converters I've found take about ten minutes to convert a four minute file. It doesn't take a math genius to calculate the conversion time for a half hour video.

Every JVC product...from the digital camcorder to the s-vhs/hard drive hybrid had failed.I got the camcorder repaired but the other unit is too expensive to get repaired.I cannot recommend their products....I would not be surprised to see them go out of businessvery soon. None of their televisions is sold at Sears, Best Buy, Sams Club or others.

I have had no problems with the non-HD Everio. Used it for 2 years now. Might pull the trigger on this.

Anyone who can't reach the record button while holding it must have a Samantha Fox toe-thumb.

IClight said:   

Anyone who can't reach the record button while holding it must have a Samantha Fox toe-thumb.

Correction: Megan Fox -Toe Thumbs

I have a JVC with the 20gb built-in hard drive. I've had it for about 4-5 years and love it. I bought it used and have never had any problems with it. Works great!

I have a JVC Everio 20gb hard disk camcorder. I bought it used about 5 years or so ago. We have never had a problem with it and it works great!

in 4 1

msrozz said:   I have a JVC with the 20gb built-in hard drive. I've had it for about 4-5 years and love it. I bought it used and have never had any problems with it. Works great!
Same here. My only lookout...never buy a Samsung.. JVC Everion non-HD 20gb was Great...I still have it after 6 years.

Frys Current Ad w/ JVC's on clearance

http://www.frys.com/ads/page5

I have the model below it. Great camera, optics are fantastic. Yes the interface won't be mistaken for apple, but the video quality is great. The big downer is the proprietary (chipped) battery pack.

This is actually a still from a movie I shot of the shuttle:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yakky/6941438834/in/photostream

The time lapse feature is very cool as well.

Hey look! My deal is on front page!

I have an old JVC miniDv unit which went through some horrible abuse. For 5 years it was used as a webcam, running 24/7. Do you realize that with some free software these 40x optical magnification units can be hooked up to a computer and be a super pro webcam? Mine was showing an old church 5 miles away like it was next to me, had thousands of visitors every day at some point... Good old times...
I managed to kill it by forgetting in my attic for 2 years where it went through months of 130 degree heat and the miniDv part has dried out and died however, optical part still work fine. Love JVC

XYNZ said:   Fairly scathing review on Amaz0n

Only two reviews are posted, the other is a raving review.

My JVC Evario has a 30gb HD and still works well, I don't like the software but it works great with some free stuff I downloaded.

nice

Is this the model with the wifi? No mention of which model is sold?

cecoil said:   Is this the model with the wifi? No mention of which model is sold?

Are you too helpless to follow the link?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.