• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get $5 off at the counter with in-store coupon at PepBoys for any Fram air filter.

Print and Bring

For the conscious shopper: Compare your air filter for both Fram and Purolator. Both have $5 discount - Fram with instant coupon while Purolator with mail-in-rebate. Choose your brand, final price and method of discount.

Link to Purolator's MIR Hot Deal

Member Summary

Fram air filter
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Fram
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks & p/u few filter for 2 vehicle........

Green for you OP.

Just bought an STP air filter earlier for around $10 that will go back, with coupon this one will run me $3.

How are FRAM air filters? I know their oil filters have a bad reputation.

Here's hoping that Frams air filters are better than their oil filters.

EdMcK515 said:   How are FRAM air filters? I know their oil filters have a bad reputation.

Surprisingly their air filters are of quality or better than OEM specifications. I cannot provide statistical data, but I do can vouch for their air filters as most of times my cars use Fram air filters.

For their oil filters, I stay away from them since the day I discovered their internal filter elements. Their filtering elements did not seem to justify the overall quality compared to Purolator, Bosch, Mobil 1 and K&N oil filters that I tried. In fact, I stick to those few brands mentioned and no longer have any interest in other brands, unless I'm really desperate and need an oil change immediately.

Give Fram air filters and cabin air filters a try!

If you are hesitant, then you should also consider Purolator air filters. Their oil filters are reputable, so are their air filters. There is also a $5 rebate on Purolator air filters right now at PepBoys. I use either brand for air filters, whichever brand is on sale, as I like to stock up with whatever I like than pick up crappy stuff when desperate.

With Advance coupons you might do better if there is a store near you.

CheapToGo said:   If you are hesitant, then you should also consider Purolator air filters. Their oil filters are reputable, so are their air filters. There is also a $5 rebate on Purolator air filters right now at PepBoys. I use either brand for air filters, whichever brand is on sale, as I like to stock up with whatever I like than pick up crappy stuff when desperate.

Concur. The Purolator filters are a great value as you can usually get them at a discount because AAP almost always has a promotion going. Their air filters are good while their oil filters (especially the PureOne) is superior.

DUDSTER said:   CheapToGo said:   If you are hesitant, then you should also consider Purolator air filters. Their oil filters are reputable, so are their air filters. There is also a $5 rebate on Purolator air filters right now at PepBoys. I use either brand for air filters, whichever brand is on sale, as I like to stock up with whatever I like than pick up crappy stuff when desperate.

Concur. The Purolator filters are a great value as you can usually get them at a discount because AAP almost always has a promotion going. Their air filters are good while their oil filters (especially the PureOne) is superior.

Concur. I love the PureOne oil filters, mostly the quality filtration and the textured grip all around. There is a buy one get one free at Pep Boys with a coupon until the end of this month. I grabbed 4 PureOne oil filters already for the price of 2!

You can probably also send in the $2 Fram mail in rebate (limit 2): http://fram.com/products/special_offers_and_rebates?select_regio...

For Purolator you're probably better off waiting til April to see if Puro has their own rebate so you can double dip with Pep Boys (good til April 7) or AAP's rebate (if they release their own)

Last year Puro rebate was good from April-Sept -- I bought 2 of each air/cabin/oil filters at AAP using a coupon and online Cash Back. I submitted both AAP online rebate & Puro mail in rebates and got everything close to free after rebate

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014