• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Please note this was also FREE last year.

How to Argue: Powerfully, Persuasively, Positively [Kindle Edition] - was $24.99

Jonathan Herring (Author)

Publication Date: April 23, 2012

58 Reviews ★★★★

The ability to persuade, influence and convince is a vital skill for success in work and life. However, most of us have little idea how to argue well. Indeed, arguing is still seen by many as something to be avoided at all costs, and mostly it's done poorly, or not at all. Yet it's possibly the most powerful and yet most neglected asset you could have. Discover the art of arguing powerfully, persuasively and positively and you'll have a head start every time you want to:
  • Get your point across effectively
  • Persuade other people to your way of thinking
  • Keep your cool in a heated situation
  • Win people over
  • Get what you want
  • Tackle a difficult person or topic
  • Be convincing and articulate
  • Have great confidence when you speak

In How to Argue, leading lawyer Jonathan Herring reveals the secrets and subtleties of making your case and winning hearts and minds. At home or at work, you'll be well equipped to make everything you say have the desired effect, every time.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I can now argue of why I get red on my comments.

zolo (Mar. 05, 2013 @ 11:25p) |

Thank you.

dumpsterDiva (Mar. 08, 2013 @ 12:53a) |

is available again as of 4/29 for FREE.

archena (Apr. 29, 2013 @ 10:34a) |

• Also categorized in:

got it

I can't argue with "free."

Can't even complain that shipping kills the deal! Thanks op.

I don't think I need this. Convince me otherwise.

Kaadamson said:   I can't argue with "free."

Then this book will help you.

cajundavid said:   Can't even complain that shipping kills the deal! Thanks op.

Unless you have slow Internet.

WilliamG said:   cajundavid said:   Can't even complain that shipping kills the deal! Thanks op.

Unless you have slow Internet.

Shipping is nothing about Internet.

Hello...... Is this the thread for an argument?

Too bad they couldn't persuade people to pay money for it.

Thanks OP. I have about 30 books on my android, and I haven't paid for a single one. Others pull out their phones and text or play games, but I'd rather read.

Never is it truer that you get what you pay for than it is for books that the author can't sell even for 99 cents on Amazon.

He has pedigree
Jonathan Herring is a Fellow in Law at Exeter College, Oxford. He was previously Lecturer in Law, Christ Church, Oxford and Fellow in Law, New Hall, Cambridge.

DarkStar71 said:   Thanks OP. I have about 30 books on my android, and I haven't paid for a single one. Others pull out their phones and text or play games, but I'd rather read.I/m right there with ya! Thanks to great advice here on FWF, I bought the Nexus 7 for myself with a killer Christmas deal last December, and have the Kindle app on my tab along with the app on my Android phone. So I'm set for reading whenever and wherever I get the chance. It's great to have that ability and like you, I have taken advantage of many of these free and "giveaway" priced deals for books that I have found on Fatwallet. With 32GB on my tab, there's plenty of room for books.

It's no wonder I chat people up in stores about Fatwallet, and if I have my tab with me, I often show them the site and how easy it is to use. Most are thrilled to hear about FW and learn where to find the great deals I am taking advantage of!

You can win any argument by saying: "Good for you little buddy!" There's no comeback to that.

Inbox said:   Hello...... Is this the thread for an argument?

The first thing that went through my mind Inbox - good one!

Thanks Archena for this deal. Wonder how you find all these deals...

Picked it up...

I will buy this when they can raise the price and persuade me to pay for it

kidding, thx op, got one but too many to read so just collecting ...

remember new FW rule: BUY 1st ... argue later !

I can now argue of why I get red on my comments.

Thank you.

is available again as of 4/29 for FREE.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014