• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
New $75 off coupon in overnight email blast. In-store code is 67900. Online/phone code is 70847.

Take an extra $75 OFF any Windows laptop, desktop or tablet, including clearance.*

Models vary by store. Limit 1 per customer. While supplies last.

Check Staples.com® for store availability.
Offer excludes refurbished computers and HP G7 laptops (Item nos. 132506 and 985047).

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Laptops
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Price Match Policy
The first line under: What items are included in our Price Match Guarantee?
"We include almost all new ... (more)

pjwill (Mar. 06, 2013 @ 9:55p) |

Expires today

labboypro (Mar. 07, 2013 @ 7:26a) |

Thanks.

I ended up buying Lenovo Twist 12.5'' with Staples by price matching OfficeDepot + $75 off coupon. Final price is... (more)

pradeepb (Mar. 07, 2013 @ 4:14p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Will this work on a Kindle Fire?

Oh...WINDOWS only! Sorry.

It's also kinda funny computers that offer mail-in-rebates are suddenly 'Out of Stock' today online. The best, cheapest i3, i5 and i7's are all not available online...go figure.

megachacker said:   It's also kinda funny computers that offer mail-in-rebates are suddenly 'Out of Stock' today online. The best, cheapest i3, i5 and i7's are all not available online...go figure.

Yup...mysteriously good deal laptops are all "out of stock". Luckily I bought 15.6" Toshiba i3 about a week ago with $75 coupon and $50 rebate...total came out around $327 tax included.

Scored a Asus S200e in store. It's out of stock online.

megachacker said:   It's also kinda funny computers that offer mail-in-rebates are suddenly 'Out of Stock' today online. The best, cheapest i3, i5 and i7's are all not available online...go figure.

They could be gaming us, but it may not be a conspiracy, but rather, people just buying out the inventory with the coupon.

I just noticed that Staples reduced the sale price from two weeks ago. So using $75 coupon two weeks ago is much better deal than using $75 coupon at current sales price. For example, Toshiba Satellite C855-S5194 15.6” Laptop was $429 before the $50 rebate, but now it's actually $399 AFTER $50 rebate...so the price is actually $30 higher than two weeks ago.

I tried to get a price match from Best Buy on the Asus laptop and it was a no-go. Apparently Best Buy has modified the price match policy? I was hoping to use my multiple gift cards to buy the laptop but will likely just buy from Staples at $75 less instead.

I'm thinking about taking a coupon to Office Depot and asking them to price match the coupon on a laptop there. Problem is it's 60 miles there (120 round trip) so we're talking $30 in gas at the current price. Therefore saving $75 turns into closer to $45...not to mention the time involved, which you could argue makes it maybe not worth the effort.

Damn Staples for having this deal yet their best laptops suddenly out of stock!

Any one know, Does OfficeDepot price matches with Staples online price (even out of stock at Staples.com) and on top of it apply this $75 off? I was looking for Asus S200E and no stock in 100 miles from my place in Staples. So do I get the same with OfficeDepot ? $449 - $75 + tax ?

On other note, just want to share... When I called one of the Staples store they said they have stock and when I drove 20 miles one way they still show 3 as inventory and the store manager says there is NO stock So think well before going for longer drives to get it.

megachacker said:   I'm thinking about taking a coupon to Office Depot and asking them to price match the coupon on a laptop there. Problem is it's 60 miles there (120 round trip) so we're talking $30 in gas at the current price. Therefore saving $75 turns into closer to $45...not to mention the time involved, which you could argue makes it maybe not worth the effort.

Damn Staples for having this deal yet their best laptops suddenly out of stock!

megachacker said:   I'm thinking about taking a coupon to Office Depot and asking them to price match the coupon on a laptop there.

just did it, they didn't have any problem

thank you OP for saving me $75 since last night

@lordoffire --- you are lucky... I went to OfficeDepot to price match. Store manager doesn't want to price match as Staples (near by my location) doesn't have any in stock.

lordoffire said:   megachacker said:   I'm thinking about taking a coupon to Office Depot and asking them to price match the coupon on a laptop there.

just did it, they didn't have any problem

thank you OP for saving me $75 since last night

Crystal2003 said:   Scored a Asus S200e in store. It's out of stock online.
The purchase of an ASUS S200e also qualifies for up to $400 pre-paid Visa when you trade a working notebook. A trade of 5+ years old working notebook will get you a $100 pre-paid Visa.

Just sold my 7 years old laptop for $50 a couple of days ago ;-(. Still happy with ASUS bought today though.

pradeepb said:   @lordoffire --- you are lucky... I went to OfficeDepot to price match. Store manager doesn't want to price match as Staples (near by my location) doesn't have any in stock.

price match or the competitor coupon?

they're two different things...can't have both

@lordoffire --- I asked first to price match with Staples $449 ... then store manager said NO. (as no stock in Staples near my place)
Then asked if she can apply Staples $75 off coupon on OfficeDepot price $499... No luck

lordoffire said:   pradeepb said:   @lordoffire --- you are lucky... I went to OfficeDepot to price match. Store manager doesn't want to price match as Staples (near by my location) doesn't have any in stock.

price match or the competitor coupon?

they're two different things...can't have both

pradeepb said:   @lordoffire --- I asked first to price match with Staples $449 ... then store manager said NO. (as no stock in Staples near my place)
Then asked if she can apply Staples $75 off coupon on OfficeDepot price $499... No luck

file a complaint

their price match policy is pretty clear

Where can I file a complaint? Thanks.

lordoffire said:   pradeepb said:   @lordoffire --- I asked first to price match with Staples $449 ... then store manager said NO. (as no stock in Staples near my place)

file a complaint

their price match policy is pretty clear

My OfficeDepot people are so cranky that they would not even match the price from OfficeDepot.com.

lordoffire said:   https://www.officedepot.com/customerservice/customerServiceDispl...

And the BBB, so the public can be aware of the problem and the resolution, if any. And... if a company has a pattern of behavior, make sure your state Attorney General office is aware. Every single state has some kind of Deceptive Trade Practice regulations that prohibit companies from saying one thing and doing another (like having a "price match" policy that they don't honor).

docjoo said:   megachacker said:   It's also kinda funny computers that offer mail-in-rebates are suddenly 'Out of Stock' today online. The best, cheapest i3, i5 and i7's are all not available online...go figure.

Yup...mysteriously good deal laptops are all "out of stock". Luckily I bought 15.6" Toshiba i3 about a week ago with $75 coupon and $50 rebate...total came out around $327 tax included.

I bought that one to. I like it alright but it seems to forget it has a mouse from time to time for up to a minute. Then it starts working again. Gonna back up this weekend and refresh windows to see if that fixes it. other than that I like it just fine

labboypro said:   lordoffire said:   https://www.officedepot.com/customerservice/customerServiceDispl...

And the BBB, so the public can be aware of the problem and the resolution, if any. And... if a company has a pattern of behavior, make sure your state Attorney General office is aware. Every single state has some kind of Deceptive Trade Practice regulations that prohibit companies from saying one thing and doing another (like having a "price match" policy that they don't honor).

According to their website the policy says the item has to be in stock so it might be hard case to prove.

@pjwill --- Can you please share the link where it says "the item has to be in stock"? Thanks
pjwill said:   labboypro said:   lordoffire said:   https://www.officedepot.com/customerservice/customerServiceDispl...

According to their website the policy says the item has to be in stock so it might be hard case to prove.

thanks op, i used it with a phone order after a price match to Amazon. got a $649 samsung talbet for 475 +tax. posted the deal here

Price Match Policy
"We include almost all new items that are identical and in stock."

pradeepb said:   @pjwill --- Can you please share the link where it says "the item has to be in stock"? Thanks

Expires today

Thanks.

I ended up buying Lenovo Twist 12.5'' with Staples by price matching OfficeDepot + $75 off coupon. Final price is $732.

Subtotal: $749.99
Delivery: FREE
Coupon1: -$75.00
Tax: $57.37

Total: $732.36

pjwill said:   Price Match Policy
"We include almost all new items that are identical and in stock."

pradeepb said:   @pjwill --- Can you please share the link where it says "the item has to be in stock"? Thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014