• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.staples.com/Toshiba-C855-S5350-156-Laptop/product_984...

$75 off Windows PCs and Tablets. Limited exclusions apply..
Coupon Code 70847 will be applied during checkout
if requirements are met.
See terms and conditions

$75 off Product Purchase.
Coupon will be applied during checkout
if requirements are met.
See terms and conditions

$50 easy rebate

Member Summary

Toshiba C855-S5350
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

test it out before buying...naughty keyboards on these lines

Funny line but what IS a "naughty keyboards"

I guess it's the cheapest Windows 8 laptop around.

Bought two of these with this deal two weeks ago. Seems like a very nice laptop with the specs (large HD and 6Gb ram). A problem for me is that as an old Windows user, the Win 8 interface was very confusing to learn, but with some very good YouTube videos, I am doing well.

HOWEVER, and I am guessing this is a Microsoft issue, as it is a well documented problem on many MS forums, my copy of Office 2010 Pro Plus (retail and valid product key) was absolutely not installable. Spent three hours to an offshore call center with them controlling the computer and that failed. Next day called back and got a better helper, same center, who was successful in about an hour.

This is not a complaint, just to vent the frustration when buying something that should work flawlessly, and what we go thru, whether or not it is a great deal ! I am well aware that this problem is not a Toshiba problem. I was however, so fed up that at one point, I almost repacked the machine and took it back to Staples.

By the way, I am also having trouble figuring out just what a 'naughty' keyboard is. I can say it is very light weight and gives easily to a finger press--not unlike many other laptops.

If windows 8 bugs you, install Start8 . Great program. My Windows 8 machines feel 95% like Win7

Decent deal

brotherhpj said:   Funny line but what IS a "naughty keyboards"

you push one key and you can visibly see the entire keyboard sink, making it nearly impossible to actually type on

I'm not in the habit of chicken-pecking and I'm not about to start

(no, that's not a sex thing....yet)

I bought a low-end Toshiba laptop like this about a year ago. It's been to the repair shop TWICE for faulty keyboard (half the keys stopped working). Their warranty process leaves something to be desired, but eventually got it back and it's working (for now). Hope it doesn't get "naughty" again because it is out of warranty...

report back:

I checked out a few of the Toshiba models while at OD, there might have been a few differences but they should have been along the same C855 model.

The keyboard wasn't as bad as others I've seen. Varying amounts of give depending on the part of the keyboard. If you're a light-typer you may not notice it.

mvrx said:   If windows 8 bugs you, install Start8 . Great program. My Windows 8 machines feel 95% like Win7
Installed Start 8 the minute I booted my first Win 8 laptop. Works just like Win7 for me with a few changes. One of these days I will get around to learning Win8

ljderm said:   the Win 8 interface was very confusing to learn, but with some very good YouTube videos, I am doing well.Links, please.

mvrx said:   If windows 8 bugs you, install Start8 . Great program. My Windows 8 machines feel 95% like Win7Link, please.

aarzi said:   mvrx said:   If windows 8 bugs you, install Start8 . Great program. My Windows 8 machines feel 95% like Win7Link, please.

Google is your friend, Here's the link for Start8

In for 1.

Note, the coupon code is only good for online purchases only, it does not work for store pickups - I called Staples and confirmed.

The easy rebate is a $50 cash-card.

Thanks for the heads up!

Currently out of stock.

I'll sell you mine. I cannot say I've been this disappointed in a piece of electronics EVER. This thing won't take pictures. The mouse continually freezes in IE and Chrome. It's DOG SLOW. Cannot rip music from CD's. It's fully app driven. May as well buy a tablet.

This is going back, no doubt. Spend $100 more and get a Windows 7 machine.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014