Member Summary

Intel SL7MG
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
some sucker on eBay will buy it

closeupman (Mar. 06, 2013 @ 10:11p) |

"No reviews yet."

I'd heard Newegg has a reputation for censoring unflattering reviews...

Psycho41 (Mar. 07, 2013 @ 2:56a) |

Out of stock. Personally, I will get a new one.

josieblession (Mar. 07, 2013 @ 3:32a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

squinky86 said:   Intel Celeron Northwood 1.2GHz 256KB L2 Cache Socket 478 Single-Core Mobile Processor Model SL7MG
$10 - $10 MIR (exp 3/11)

Weird thought .. how do you refurbish a cpu ?

I've always assumed they just repackaged returned ones.

likely, or pulls that just can't be sold as new

lzpoof said:   squinky86 said:   Intel Celeron Northwood 1.2GHz 256KB L2 Cache Socket 478 Single-Core Mobile Processor Model SL7MG
$10 - $10 MIR (exp 3/11)

Weird thought .. how do you refurbish a cpu ?

I've always assumed they just repackaged returned ones.

I never thought I'd see a "free" item that wasn't worth it, until now.

JacquesTutite said:   I never thought I'd see a "free" item that wasn't worth it, until now.Clearly you haven't done any Nova/Avanquest rebates...

That said, I thought it was neat that there's a free-after-rebate processor; it's the first CPU I've ever seen for $0.

EDIT: I see you gave me red? I was agreeing with you while making fun of Nova/Avanquest rebates' notorious process... Oh well.

I use four to set my coffee carafe on since they can take 120*...

IIRC mobile socket 478 and desktop socket 478 have different pinouts. There were some rare desktop boards, with the mobile socket, which could run an early version of the Core processors.

FAR item, but only good for a laugh. Wonder if it will sell out?

Read the 4 reviews for a good laugh

lzpoof said:   Weird thought .. how do you refurbish a cpu ?Wipe off the thermal grease and straighten the bent pins.

It could be a $100 dog turd that is free after rebate and the mods would pick it as a "Best Deal"!

SithMaster said:   It could be a $100 dog turd that is free after rebate and the mods would pick it as a "Best Deal"!

If there is CashBack..I'm in.

respdoc said:   SithMaster said:   It could be a $100 dog turd that is free after rebate and the mods would pick it as a "Best Deal"!

Ya but it's still gunna take 3 months for an Egg rebate to come through...

SithMaster said:   It could be a $100 dog turd that is free after rebate and the mods would pick it as a "Best Deal"!After considering the 2% credit card rewards and 2% CashBack rewards, count me in for one! Now to just figure out how to cleanly remove the UPC...

EDIT: bah, respdoc beat me to it

squinky86 said:   After considering the 2% credit card rewards and 2% CashBack rewards, count me in for one! Now to just figure out how to cleanly remove the UPC...2%? Did they raise it again? It was 1% when I last checked. And even at 2%, and 2% credit card, you're still out of pocket (barely) for the stamp.

Free is still too much for a Celery.

it's mobile processor and i can't find such an old laptop to update.

billrubin said:   squinky86 said:   After considering the 2% credit card rewards and 2% CashBack rewards, count me in for one! Now to just figure out how to cleanly remove the UPC...2%? Did they raise it again? It was 1% when I last checked. And even at 2%, and 2% credit card, you're still out of pocket (barely) for the stamp.I was referring to the $100 hypothetical bag of doggy poo, which would be a flaming hot deal (pun intended; >$3 net profit). 2% not through fatwallet for now

$100 - 2% credit card - 2% Cash Back = -$4 + $0.46 stamp - $0.02 (gotta include Cash Back for the purchase of the stamp) = $3.56 profit. I'd be in for a ton of poo!

respdoc said:   SithMaster said:   It could be a $100 dog turd that is free after rebate and the mods would pick it as a "Best Deal"!

You're still in the negative after the stamp for the rebate...

zhoujian said:   it's mobile processor and i can't find such an old laptop to update.

Glad to help:

Smithsonian Pizza Crap

SithMaster said:   respdoc said:   SithMaster said:   It could be a $100 dog turd that is free after rebate and the mods would pick it as a "Best Deal"!

Only if you think the product is worthless.

respdoc said:   SithMaster said:   respdoc said:   SithMaster said:   It could be a $100 dog turd that is free after rebate and the mods would pick it as a "Best Deal"!

Only if you think the product is worthless.

Now you got it !

I like that you can get the 2 year replacement warranty for $7.99

from what i can figure this is Northwood-256, generation before Celeron M.
it was hot exactly 11 years ago. 2002 very much would like to have it at this price.

yeah, I'm in the 'this is worthless camp' as this CPU is 11 years old... Most of the laptops of that era already came with a decent Pentium 4 processor so this would be a downgrade in most cases. Heck I've got a P4 Prescott 3Ghz sitting here on my desk that's collected dust for a few years I'll give to someone if they'll cover the shipping.

TheTrain said:   yeah, I'm in the 'this is worthless camp' as this CPU is 11 years old... Most of the laptops of that era already came with a decent Pentium 4 processor so this would be a downgrade in most cases. Heck I've got a P4 Prescott 3Ghz sitting here on my desk that's collected dust for a few years I'll give to someone if they'll cover the shipping.

i'll take it!

vickh said:   TheTrain said:   yeah, I'm in the 'this is worthless camp' as this CPU is 11 years old... Most of the laptops of that era already came with a decent Pentium 4 processor so this would be a downgrade in most cases. Heck I've got a P4 Prescott 3Ghz sitting here on my desk that's collected dust for a few years I'll give to someone if they'll cover the shipping.

i'll take it!

i'll pay the shipping,

gamer83 said:   Free is still too much for a Celery.The Core2 and later ones aren't bad, and I'm happy with the $10 E3400 in my FAR $40 motherboard.

larrymoencurly said:   gamer83 said:   Free is still too much for a Celery.The Core2 and later ones aren't bad, and I'm happy with the $10 E3400 in my FAR $40 motherboard.

Your core2 is 4 generations past this, not exactly what I'd call a fair comparison...

zhoujian said:   vickh said:   TheTrain said:   yeah, I'm in the 'this is worthless camp' as this CPU is 11 years old... Most of the laptops of that era already came with a decent Pentium 4 processor so this would be a downgrade in most cases. Heck I've got a P4 Prescott 3Ghz sitting here on my desk that's collected dust for a few years I'll give to someone if they'll cover the shipping.

i'll take it!

i'll pay the shipping,

Buy a GOOD cooler, it runs hot enough to make coffee !

SithMaster said:   

Your core2 is 4 generations past this, not exactly what I'd call a fair comparison...

Just as unfair as your comparison to a product that has comes with a net cost. Given Newegg's track record with rebates..it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm going to use it for some testing (experimenting). You can use it for target practice for all that any one cares. In either case, it's still FAR.

How much GOLD and/or SILVER is in one of these processors? Maybe it's worth melting down.

respdoc said:   SithMaster said:   

Just as unfair as your comparison to a product that has comes with a net cost. Given Newegg's track record with rebates..it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm going to use it for some testing (experimenting). You can use it for target practice for all that any one cares. In either case, it's still FAR.

I did say something about the mods but I didn't make any comparison with this product and another so I'm not sure what you're talking about...

SithMaster said:   larrymoencurly said:   gamer83 said:   Free is still too much for a Celery.The Core2 and later ones aren't bad, and I'm happy with the $10 E3400 in my FAR $40 motherboard.Your core2 is 4 generations past this, not exactly what I'd call a fair comparison...As anyone of pure heart knows, I was comparing the Celeron E3400 to other Core2 Duo CPUs. But hey, how about that Celeron 300A vs. the Pentium II?

larrymoencurly said:   SithMaster said:   larrymoencurly said:   gamer83 said:   Free is still too much for a Celery.The Core2 and later ones aren't bad, and I'm happy with the $10 E3400 in my FAR $40 motherboard.Your core2 is 4 generations past this, not exactly what I'd call a fair comparison...As anyone of pure heart knows, I was comparing the Celeron E3400 to other Core2 Duo CPUs. But hey, how about that Celeron 300A vs. the Pentium II?

It seemed to me you were comparing your $10 core2 with this $10 celeron but would you really expect a Sith Master to be pure of heart ?

SithMaster said:   

It seemed to me you were comparing your $10 core2 with this $10 celeron but would you really expect a Sith Master to be pure of heart ?

Buddy, it's ends up being free. Give it to a kid and tell them it's a secret transmitter to another dimension. You'll make their day..and spent a net cost of nothing. Case closed.

Buddy, it's ends up being free. Given it to a kid and tell them it's a secret transmitter to another dimension. You'll make their day..and spent a net cost of nothing. Case closed.

Well ya got me there but what happens when you kid causes an alien invasion ?

SithMaster said:   

That's what the numerous FAR case fans are for.

That's what the numerous FAR case fans are for.

I prefer the FAR thermal grease which freezes them solid since the fans only hold them in place a short time...

larrymoencurly said:   SithMaster said:   larrymoencurly said:   gamer83 said:   Free is still too much for a Celery.The Core2 and later ones aren't bad, and I'm happy with the $10 E3400 in my FAR $40 motherboard.Your core2 is 4 generations past this, not exactly what I'd call a fair comparison...As anyone of pure heart knows, I was comparing the Celeron E3400 to other Core2 Duo CPUs. But hey, how about that Celeron 300A vs. the Pentium II?

Celeron 300A is much stronger than Pentium II, even without floating point calculation.

Skipping 9 Messages...
Out of stock. Personally, I will get a new one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014