• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Shipping is free if you get Inner Circle Service for $30, $80 if you don't.

A 70" LED HDTV is going to cost you $1700 or more. This is a bargain, in for one. No tax in California, yay.

Don't forget CashBack from several sites, inc. FW and others (MR)!

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

This has a two-month factory warranty, four months if you use an AMEX Card . . .

Mitsubishi WD-73642 73" Class DLP 3D HDTV (Refurbished)

Experience rich displays of HD and 3D images with the Mitsubishi WD-73642 73" Class DLP 3D HDTV. The Mitsubishi WD-73642 73" Class DLP 3D HDTV redefines high-definition entertainment as it dishes out amazingly clear images in 1080p full HD resolution. Plus, this HDTV's 120Hz screen refresh rate reduces blur, delivering realistic 3D ready images. This 73-inch DLP HDTV also includes three HDMI, composite and component video inputs to maximize the entertainment potential of this amazing display. So, don't think twice. Add the Mitsubishi WD-73642 73" Class DLP 3D HDTV to your home theater entertainment now.

What It Is And Why You Need It:

73" Class DLP 3D HDTV; produces stunning HD, 3D content in 1080p full HD resolution on a massive display
120Hz screen refresh rate; reduces distortion in action-packed scenes
3 HDMI, composite & component video inputs; for device integration

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Mitsubishi WD-73642
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I have posted elsewhere without any of the b s I am getting here. Its funny, but Fat Wallet has been promoting this as ... (more)

MitchFlorida (Mar. 09, 2013 @ 9:52a) |

Bravo !

robby69 (Mar. 09, 2013 @ 10:57a) |

I don't mind conversation or criticism of a deal but for people to give me red marks because it is a refurb and clearly... (more)

MitchFlorida (Mar. 11, 2013 @ 5:56a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Refurb on a DLP, is more "risk" than I am willing to take. Too expensive to repair after 2-month warranty us up.
Non-3D version was recently available for same price NEW. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1258374/

FYI, they have raised the price on this item to $1600 and it doesn't have 3D.

MitchFlorida said:   THE NEW ONES ARE SOLD OUT AND DON'T HAVE 3D. Find me some new ones at this price, thanks!

Mitsubishi has discontinued their DLP's and is no longer making them. There will be more deals on NEW models with warranties, that are eligible for cheap squaretrade extended warranties as they get closed out. If there is anyone on FW that hasn't seen a post about Mits DLP's, I was merely pointing out that IMO a refurb DLP is a huge risk, especially from a company like Tiger Direct. I own a 3D 73" and love it.. There was no need to SHOUT at me.

Okay, don't get one. Don't spoil it for everyone else who doesn't have a nice screen like this.

And you can get a two-year warranty on this item from SquareTrade for $164.

On another note, I have bought refurbished item at least 40 times and have never been disappointed. Once BB sold me a refurb it was bad out of the box and they gave me back every penny. This has a two month factory warranty, so you will know if it is a lemon. You can buy something new that doesn't work , too.

By the way, half the time it says "refurb" it is really new . . not saying it is here, but that has been my experience.

Thanks for post this Rich. I bought a 82" Mitsubishi about a month ago for I think $18oo. I had a 65" Mitsubishi before that,still have it.I could have gone with the 73"--the 82" is REALLY big, but I'm adjusting.

I don't know why people so passionately hate on the DLP's. I'm going to keep enjoying mine.

The guy who is complaining about this deal already has a Mitsubishi DLP . . he just doesn't want anyone else to get one.

MitchFlorida said:   The guy who is complaining about this deal already has a Mitsubishi DLP . . he just doesn't want anyone else to get one.

I liked to think that I was being helpful and sharing a informed personal opinion rather than complaining, but I doubt there is any convincing you of that.

I found in my research that if you get a good one from the start you are OK, but if you have issues from the beginning, something a refurb may or may not be, then you are in for a world of hurt. Defective Mits DLP owners thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1279379/the-defective-mitsubishi-dlp-t...

Before purchasing my set 2.5 years ago, I did alot of research and posted one of the original 73" Mits FW (7-page) threads about it:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=74&thre...

I would recommend buying a Mits 73" DLP over any other TV out there..I personally wouldn't buy a refurb DLP, especially from Tiger Direct. If the refurb part, or the Tiger Direct part doesn't bother someone looking to purchase a 73" DLP, then this is the one to buy.

First of all, how much did you pay for yours?

Secondly this is sponsored by Mitsubishi, and if you have any problems you will usually see them immediately or within the 60 day period. If anything goes wrong within the first 60 days, they don't fix it ,they replace it.

In my experience, at least half the time they send you new stuff, not really refurbished. And this is coming straight from the factory .

If you are paranoid about refurbished stuff, that's your problem. But to give me a red mark because of it is inexcusable.

As I said before, buy a Square Trade Warranty if you can't sleep at night thinking that it might break.

Geez you two are taking things too personally

Sorry but right out of the chute he trashes me because these are refurbished, and I don't appreciate it. If you want to buy new, they are double the cost. And new ones can crap out too.

MitchFlorida said:   Sorry but right out of the chute he trashes me because these are refurbished, and I don't appreciate it. If you want to buy new, they are double the cost. And new ones can crap out too.
I got mine serviced after 10 mo.
Full circuit board replacement. Would have cost me a LOT of money if it was out of my pocket.
My 73" is still going strong though after 2 1/2 years.
I paid $980 for one so $800 for refurb isn't EXACTLY a great deal.

SquareTrade is your friend. But don't forget you bought it new, so that isn't always perfect either.

Bought a new open box 73" from CWI Outlet last summer for this price. Good luck with Mitsubishi warranty support, they still think TV shop that closed in town 1.5yrs ago is still open, their service center finder department closed is what I was told. Then they don't know how troubleshoot other than "firmware" and piss off the tech by not troubleshooting or even trying a new lamp & offend him by not reimbursing him well enough for mileage.

I usually don't buy the extended warranty, but I guess its a good deal. SquareTrade extends the 60 day warranty for an additional 2 years for $165.
Has anyone purchased this yet and did you also get the warranty? Would like to hear.

Regarding 3D, you have to purchase a bluetooth emitter and 3 D Glasses for about $69 to use that feature. I have always though 3D was a bit of a gimmick . Plus I would have to buy a new 3D blu ray player. Will people be using that?

MitchFlorida said:   I usually don't buy the extended warranty, but I guess its a good deal.
Regarding 3D, you have to purchase a bluetooth emitter and 3 D Glasses for about $69 to use that feature. I have always though 3D was a bit of a gimmick . Plus I would have to buy a new 3D blu ray player. Will people be using that?

I'm pretty sure the Bluetooth emitter is built in. and a really nice pair of 3D glasses is on sale for $29. (search fatwallet for the glasses, I just saw it posted) Glasses prices really range from $19 and up.

Typically it breaks in the first 60days? Where did you get that research from? Or is that an opinion?

That is fact not opinion. It's okay with me if you don't buy one, really it is. lol

MitchFlorida said:    It's okay with me if you don't buy one, really it is. lol

Why did you remove the sobbing "I'll never post on FW again" part ?

Reading the past posts...it only appears others (i.e Robby69) were only pointing out their opinions/experiences on the product.

Conversation and dialog (even if differing) is a good thing.

Thicker skin helps, my friend.

I have posted elsewhere without any of the b s I am getting here. Its funny, but Fat Wallet has been promoting this as "Today's Best Deal" ever since I posted it.

Here is a much better deal for the same HDTV with a full one-year warranty .. Enjoy.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TGKLGQ/

respdoc said:   Conversation and dialog(even if differing)is a good thing.

Bravo !

I don't mind conversation or criticism of a deal but for people to give me red marks because it is a refurb and clearly labeled as such is not right. I have posted other items on Fat Wallet and instantly been "redded" for no reason except people like to be negative. It isn't like I am making a commission on this, I do it to help the peoople here, but I will just post on Slik Deals from now on.

The item is now completely sold out by the way, so this is an expired deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014