• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://weeklyad.staples.com/Staples/BrowseByPage?StoreID=2278456...

thnx vivyip for heads up on quikbooks. Lots of problems and hoops with this MIR, so proceed at your own risk.

FREE
$99.99 - $9.99 instant savings - $90 mail-in rebate = FREE after mail-in rebate

Item: 953839

Valid March 10 - March 16

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Staples
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Do I need to register another company for the QB rebate or can I use the existing company that I previously registered f... (more)

CheapBustard (Mar. 17, 2013 @ 10:58p) |

what is the rebate id? anybody has the pdf of rebate? appreciate if u can share.

bshakers (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 3:20p) |

13-48641. Go to Stapleseasyrebates.com and look it up. You can get the form from there. Intuit is the manufacturer.

mathfaster (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 3:24p) |

FREE Memorex® earbuds when you buy $50 of the same brand ink.

Dano
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

attempt at your own risk: FAR: QBSS 953839 ($90 MIR I believe)

Items that might be interesting (if there are any coupons, dummy or otherwise):

Staples 5 ream case (990176): $4.99 A/Rewards

hammermill ream (122408): $3.99AR (limit 4)

VivYip said:   Staples 5 ream case (990176): $4.99 A/RewardsAfter the free after rebate and expired coupon deal on cases of paper this week, I'm glad I didn't bother with this when it was free after Rewards a couple of weeks ago!

Might risk QBSS if Rewards come out this week.

I was tempted to try the FAC/R on the multipurpose case paper on 3/3 (the coupon technically was expired) but since I was beginning to accumulate paper, I passed. As it was, the FARewards paper from the week of 2/24 is taking a long time to show up on my account.

my4mainecoons said:   Might risk QBSS if Rewards come out this week.

unless you still have rewards to burn (and are desperate), I would pass...

I had a lot of hassle with the rebate the last go around. I waited past the 9 weeks before I contacted the intuit number, then resent my submission, then they said because i used rewards, it wouldn't even be entered into the system

I complained to the Staples rewards account person and he talked to the rebate place...and decided to issue rewards for the full amount of the purchase. I was lucky and used it on the kasperksy on sunday this week...

seriously, i would avoid the QuickBooks ss 2013. it's FAR, but I wouldn't even try to use rewards on that.

These $5 after rewards half cases have been a pretty long promotion. I did this early on. Has anyone been able to do this more than once? It seems like it has been going on for a lot of weeks and is still supposed to be billed as just one continuous promotion?

VivYip said:   my4mainecoons said:   Might risk QBSS if Rewards come out this week.

I had a lot of hassle with the rebate the last go around. I waited past the 9 weeks before I contacted the intuit number, then resent my submission, then they said because i used rewards, it wouldn't even be entered into the system

I complained to the Staples rewards account person and he talked to the rebate place...and decided to issue rewards for the full amount of the purchase. I was lucky and used it on the kasperksy on sunday this week...

seriously, i would avoid the QuickBooks ss 2013. it's FAR, but I wouldn't even try to use rewards on that.

yes, read all about people's issues with this MIR here.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1209676/

radiation said:   These $5 after rewards half cases have been a pretty long promotion. I did this early on. Has anyone been able to do this more than once? It seems like it has been going on for a lot of weeks and is still supposed to be billed as just one continuous promotion?

FWIW, the first one FAC/Rewards showed up (the one with the lysol) the second one shows the correct amount in my purchase history, but not in the dashboard.

VivYip said:   radiation said:   These $5 after rewards half cases have been a pretty long promotion. I did this early on. Has anyone been able to do this more than once? It seems like it has been going on for a lot of weeks and is still supposed to be billed as just one continuous promotion?

FWIW, the first one FAC/Rewards showed up (the one with the lysol) the second one shows the correct amount in my purchase history, but not in the dashboard.

From what I read in other threads, I was under the impression that this was a one time promotion and not a once per week promotion. Is that correct?

VivYip said:   my4mainecoons said:   Might risk QBSS if Rewards come out this week.

Agreed - I submitted the SER twice in 2011 without a problem but I'm not purchasing this go-round.

Dano

MISTERCHEAP said:   yes, read all about people's issues with this MIR here.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1209676/

And my comments in another thread, in case anyone else is remotely interested--

labboypro said:   The ONLY smart way to deal with a QB rebate is to avoid it altogether. However, if you do need to roll rewards, then I recommend you invoke QB's "60-day money back guarantee" instead of submitting rebate. You'll get 100% money (including taxes) back MUCH FASTER than waiting for them to jerk you around over rebates, and it will only cost you a couple of bucks to ship back via USPS First Class mail (which is less than the taxes you eat via rebate method). Note: California Attorney General Kamala Harris' office has an open file on QuickBooks regarding their rebate games. If you're having trouble with them and live in CA, make your voice heard with her office.

Can't believe this HOT HOT HOT deal was not listed - FREE Memorex« earbuds when you buy $50 of the same brand ink (a $9.99 value)

Dano

radiation said:   VivYip said:   radiation said:   These $5 after rewards half cases have been a pretty long promotion. I did this early on. Has anyone been able to do this more than once? It seems like it has been going on for a lot of weeks and is still supposed to be billed as just one continuous promotion?

From what I read in other threads, I was under the impression that this was a one time promotion and not a once per week promotion. Is that correct?
No, it is per week. The signage in the store was incorrect.

as mathfaster said, the 2 cases/week at that price ARewards...

Think of it like the batteries...it might be long promotion, but it's a per week situation.

VivYip said:   as mathfaster said, the 2 cases/week at that price ARewards...

Think of it like the batteries...it might be long promotion, but it's a per week situation.
And this promo IIRC lasts until the end of March. Longer than the 6 week battery promo. That is a lot of rewards to monetize if you have done this every week up to limit of 2/week.

VivYip said:   I was tempted to try the FAC/R on the multipurpose case paper on 3/3 (the coupon technically was expired) but since I was beginning to accumulate paper, I passed. As it was, the FARewards paper from the week of 2/24 is taking a long time to show up on my account.

RE:
but since I was beginning to accumulate paper

For eBay alone I use 4 sheets per sale.....

Folgers« classic roast coffee, 33.9 oz
UPCOMING DEAL

$6.99

Finally something to use my rewards on...

Though I do prefer Yuban.....

Thanks all for the HU on QB. I've done them every year and never had an issue getting my rebate. Won't push my luck this year.

If you order at kiosk and pay in store. There is no coupon and rewards on order detail

Are QB rebates one per address per year? Can I do another one if I partook in the last go around? I just received my rebate check from the last QB rebate - had to send an email to "validate" it and was "approved" because I was apparently a "valuable" customer.

VivYip said:   I was tempted to try the FAC/R on the multipurpose case paper on 3/3 (the coupon technically was expired) but since I was beginning to accumulate paper, I passed. As it was, the FARewards paper from the week of 2/24 is taking a long time to show up on my account.I had mine shipped to non-profits. And rebates don't have the same problem as Rewards. And you could have spent Rewards on the case and still gotten the rebate (at the cost of 10% new Rewards, but you save much of that in tax).

last few days to get ink cart credit without buying more ink, right?

ZenNUTS said:   last few days to get ink cart credit without buying more ink, right?Before the stores close on 3/14 is last date under old program. After 3/14 you need to make an ink purchase >= $30 and recycle same day of purchase or after. Ink purchase good for 180 days.

ZenNUTS said:   last few days to get ink cart credit without buying more ink, right?

I'm waiting until 3/14 to see the ad for the following week.

Free ream Staples MP paper after ER : http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/coupons/?icid=HDC:HDC:DROPDOWN:WE... Another one of those NI-SKU rebates. You might want to wait until Tuesday when they issue this "coupon" as a bar code.

mathfaster said:   Free ream Staples MP paper after ER : http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/coupons/?icid=HDC:HDC:DROPDOWN:WE... Another one of those NI-SKU rebates. You might want to wait until Tuesday until they issue this "coupon" as a bar code.

Apparently barcodes are like fine wine. They have to age a bit before they can be served.

mathfaster said:   ZenNUTS said:   last few days to get ink cart credit without buying more ink, right?Before the stores close on 3/14 is last date under old program. After 3/14 you need to make an ink purchase >= $30 and recycle same day of purchase or after. Ink purchase good for 180 days.

Why would the store be closed on 3/14 ?

Glory days gone with Staples I think...

Hasnt been any good stuff in a couple months now other than that online fiasco with MM Kaspersky last week.

MysteriousGirl said:   mathfaster said:   ZenNUTS said:   last few days to get ink cart credit without buying more ink, right?Before the stores close on 3/14 is last date under old program. After 3/14 you need to make an ink purchase >= $30 and recycle same day of purchase or after. Ink purchase good for 180 days.

Where did I say the stores would be closed on the 14th? Since you have to recycle carts IN THE STORE, "before the stores CLOSE on the 14th".

mathfaster said:   MysteriousGirl said:   mathfaster said:   ZenNUTS said:   last few days to get ink cart credit without buying more ink, right?Before the stores close on 3/14 is last date under old program. After 3/14 you need to make an ink purchase >= $30 and recycle same day of purchase or after. Ink purchase good for 180 days.

Where did I say the stores would be closed on the 14th? Since you have to recycle carts IN THE STORE, "before the stores CLOSE on the 14th".

My bad. I was wonering if there was any holiday coming inbetween?
Thanks.

MysteriousGirl said:   Why would the store be closed on 3/14 ?

Like most days, they go home and sleep

edit: oops... was covered a few minutes ago.

labboypro said:   MysteriousGirl said:   Why would the store be closed on 3/14 ?

yes, it's a Shakespearean holiday, called "Beware The Ides and Staples Rewards Changes Of March", my store will be closed.

MISTERCHEAP said:   yes, it's a Shakespearean holiday, called "Beware The Ides and Staples Rewards Changes Of March", my store will be closed.

There is a store near me that SHOULD be closed... and not just on holidays.

sumary
Disclaimer

purchases
Disclaimer
mathfaster said:   VivYip said:   as mathfaster said, the 2 cases/week at that price ARewards...

And this promo IIRC lasts until the end of March. Longer than the 6 week battery promo. That is a lot of rewards to monetize if you have done this every week up to limit of 2/week.

i went to the store yesterday (it slipped my mind until I was rereading this thread..sorry!) the sign in the store says the 5-ream promo lasts until 4/6/13...the sign does say limit 2...(the sorta good thing is, while rewards dashboard does only show the first purchase FAC/Rewards, the purchase history has everything showing up...I guess we'll see how everything shows up when the rewards print out later this week)

MisterCheap,
QQ, I have $30 off $90 purchase from Staples coupon wallet.As i am hearing not so good reviews. would i get full $90 rebate if i or 60 only mot likely. thn i just avoid it all together.

desiluvu said:   MisterCheap,
QQ, I have $30 off $90 purchase from Staples coupon wallet.As i am hearing not so good reviews. would i get full $90 rebate if i or 60 only mot likely. thn i just avoid it all together.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/m1658254...

Do not use coupons/rewards if you file for a money back guarantee instead of waiting on the rebate which may or may not come. Or seems that way at times. You only get net spent from QB if you file for money back guarantee as others have found out to their dismay. If you want to use the coupon use it on 5 of the Trend Micro IS product which are $5 after $15 rebate.

MISTERCHEAP said:   labboypro said:   MysteriousGirl said:   Why would the store be closed on 3/14 ?

yes, it's a Shakespearean holiday, called "Beware The Ides and Staples Rewards Changes Of March", my store will be closed.
March 14th is also the day that Julius Caesar uttered his first words in English, saying "Excuse me, Brutus", not understanding what Brutus was muttering. Followed by his comments the following day when he reverts to his native tongue with "Et tu, Brute?". March is not a good month for the Caesar family

Dano

desiluvu said:   MisterCheap,

if your rebate gets paid without a hassle, you'll get the $90.

however, there was one poster who did have a missing submission, was asked to re-send it in and the supervisor penalized him for the coupons (Staples rewards) applied against the order.

I did use Staples rewards on mine and got the full $90 back (from Black Friday deal). I should note that mine too was "rejected" at first, but approved after a call. Fortunately, my submission was received, just took close to 3 months to show up on their system.

So it's really proceed at your own risk, obviously a $90 MIR is a big gamble if you lose out not getting back $90.

Skipping 28 Messages...
bshakers said:   what is the rebate id? anybody has the pdf of rebate? appreciate if u can share.13-48641. Go to Stapleseasyrebates.com and look it up. You can get the form from there. Intuit is the manufacturer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014