rated:

qboss
Disclaimer
QuickBooks® Online Simple Start 2013

FREE
$99.99 - $9.99 instant savings - $90 mail-in rebate = FREE after mail-in rebate
Item: 953839
Valid March 10 - March 16

http://weeklyad.staples.com/Staples/BrowseByPage?storeid=2478536...

Member Summary

quickbooks online simple start
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Beware on buying QB Simple Start. It will take them 2+ months to enter your rebate online, and then they will reject it for some bogus reason like not registering it DURING the rebate period. If you do choose to buy it because you need to roll Rewards, make sure you register it next week and then have patience while you wait for it to show up, and keep your fingers crossed when you finally get the email saying it's been received.

All i can say is good luck if you buy any QuickBooks product. I thought I would not get my QB rebate last time and would have to eat the $90 I paid. First they lost my submission. Then they claimed the re-submission I faxed them was illegible. Then it took a lot of threatening and cajoling to get them to give me an email address where I could send them a "legible" PDF copy. From the reports on SD and here on FW, Im not alone, many others have experienced the same.

After an experience like this, I will never buy an Intuit product again and have made it a point to ask all my friends and relatives to do the same. Im the techie amongst my friends and family, so they tend listen to me. Hopefully Intuit will lose thousands in sales due to what they put me and many others (from reports on SD and here) through.

Intuit/QuickBooks has become a ponzi scheme, a scam of sorts.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I filed a BBB complaint against Intuit right before I sent them my submission for a 3rd time (via email). The rebate was approved and I received the check within 12 days after that complaint. Seems like a scam to me. They are hoping folks will just let it go if they are made to jump through multiple hoops.

The ONLY smart way to deal with a QB rebate is to avoid it altogether. However, if you do need to roll rewards, then I recommend you invoke QB's "60-day money back guarantee" instead of submitting rebate. You'll get 100% money (including taxes) back MUCH FASTER than waiting for them to jerk you around over rebates, and it will only cost you a couple of bucks to ship back via USPS First Class mail (which is less than the taxes you eat via rebate method). Note: California Attorney General Kamala Harris' office has an open file on QuickBooks regarding their rebate games. If you're having trouble with them and live in CA, make your voice heard with her office.

parago handles QuickBooks rebates.. they are a bunch of liars and thieves. last time they gave me some B.S. about missing the upc.. horrible experience.

parago is just getting worse and worse..

Interesting...I wasn't aware there were such issues.

Are these issues specifically with QuickBooks or with Parago/RebatesHQ?

I know I have submitted rebates with RebatesHQ before successfully.

How many people have exercised the money back guarantee options that labboypro discusses?

I've got about $100 worth of GC I'd like to liquidate and this is easier that paper rebates for 3 or 4 more months. I'd rather follow up with a rebate company a couple times on one rebate than juggle many...

It's funny...because I have never ever ever not been able to claim a rebate (with one exception). I do believe that some of the companies may discard some submissions either willingly or due to volume, but as long as you keep copies you can always resubmit. The most I have ever had to do was resubmit once via mail and make one additional call, and another fax submission. This was out of the ordinary as far as effort is concerned. The one exception was when I didn't follow up for over a year - which was partially my mistake - but they wouldn't honor a re-submission that late.

BenH said:   Interesting...I wasn't aware there were such issues.

Are these issues specifically with QuickBooks or with Parago/RebatesHQ?

I know I have submitted rebates with RebatesHQ before successfully.

How many people have exercised the money back guarantee options that labboypro discusses?

I've got about $100 worth of GC I'd like to liquidate and this is easier that paper rebates for 3 or 4 more months. I'd rather follow up with a rebate company a couple times on one rebate than juggle many...

For the MBG (money back guarantee), there are multiple reports on SD of folks getting only what they paid OOP (out of pocket). If they used rewards/coupons that part was subtracted from the check they received.

Just beware they are deliberately doing this. Ive never had problems using Parago on other rebates, this is the first time Ive had an issue with parago, so it would seem to me Parago is just following instructions from Intuit/QuickBooks.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I filed a BBB complaint against Intuit right before I sent them my submission for a 3rd time (via email). The rebate was approved and I received the check within 12 days after that complaint. Seems like a scam to me. They are hoping folks will just let it go if they are made to jump through multiple hoops.

billrubin said:   Beware on buying QB Simple Start. It will take them 2+ months to enter your rebate online, and then they will reject it for some bogus reason like not registering it DURING the rebate period. If you do choose to buy it because you need to roll Rewards, make sure you register it next week and then have patience while you wait for it to show up, and keep your fingers crossed when you finally get the email saying it's been received.

I know I may be jumping the gun, particularly in light of the post above, but I just wanted to check and see if anyone else has actually had their rebate submission acknowledged yet? Sent mine 3/18, still not yet in their database... Could be par for the course, but figured I'd see how others are faring...?

jonnyq said:   billrubin said:   Beware on buying QB Simple Start. It will take them 2+ months to enter your rebate online, and then they will reject it for some bogus reason like not registering it DURING the rebate period. If you do choose to buy it because you need to roll Rewards, make sure you register it next week and then have patience while you wait for it to show up, and keep your fingers crossed when you finally get the email saying it's been received.

I know I may be jumping the gun, particularly in light of the post above, but I just wanted to check and see if anyone else has actually had their rebate submission acknowledged yet? Sent mine 3/18, still not yet in their database... Could be par for the course, but figured I'd see how others are faring...?
Nothing posted on that other forum about receipt of forms. Here's some advice by another poster: "It won't show up coz they always "lose" it. Just send them a message at https://www.intuitrebates.com/promocenter/intuit/email_us.html telling them its been over 21 days with no online update. They will apologize and give you the option to resubmit via mail/fax/email...

I did that and they updated the online status to processing".

sent mine on 3-16 and not acknowledged yet either by intuit or parago

Could anyone share the rebate offer number?

Thx a lot!

xinli80 said:   Could anyone share the rebate offer number?

Thx a lot!
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1260680/m17646476/...

now Staples has removed this form with this rebate offer?
13-48641

xinli80 said:   now Staples has removed this form with this rebate offer?
13-48641
It is removed when the submission dates are no longer valid AFAIK. Which is 30 days from last valid purchase date.

dupe

Man, they are playing all SORTS of games now... First they never received it, so I sent a resubmission with USPS Certified Mail. Tracking shows it arrived on May 9th, but OH! Nope, they "never received the resubmission." So now they're having me FAX it for my third submission...

Amazing... almost entirely shameless...

Does anyone have the rebate form for this offer? (QuickBooks 3/10 - 3/16 through Staples) Somehow I managed not to save the rebate form for this offer and I see now that was very unfortunate. Please send to [removed]. Thanks.

samdori said:   Does anyone have the rebate form for this offer? (QuickBooks 3/10 - 3/16 through Staples) Somehow I managed not to save the rebate form for this offer and I see now that was very unfortunate. Please send to [removed]. Thanks.

For anyone wondering, I was able to get a copy of the rebate form from Staples customer service and this time I faxed it to Intuit Rebates. They promptly emailed me a tracking number but marked it as invalid because of "missing upc." After sending a message they asked for the company id and download confirmation email. After another fax and a couple more messages I was finally able to get them to mark it as valid and hopefully I will be receiving my rebate check soon. Moral of story: don't give up!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014