• Text Only
I got this confirmation too:

Dear [my name],

Welcome to The wall street journal's Digital Network, the place to find the most trusted journalism on a variety of platforms - accessible anytime, anywhere.

In addition, our new Portfolio tool syncs and tracks all of your investment accounts while displaying the news most critical to your holdings - all in one place on WSJ.com.

Your recent subscription order includes a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card. With an active paid subscription, your gift card will be delivered electronically 45 days from the date of purchase.

Thank you for joining us. We look forward to informing, stimulating, and entertaining you.

Sincerely,
The wall street journal
4300 Route 1 North
South Brunswick, NJ 08864

2013 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Looks like those CSR were told to scare people who just wanted to get the freebie.

blazer09 said:   And here is the answer to all those questions, from the WSJ:

Dear blazer09,

Welcome to The wall street journal's Digital Network, the place to find the most trusted journalism on a variety of platforms - accessible anytime, anywhere.

In addition, our new Portfolio tool syncs and tracks all of your investment accounts while displaying the news most critical to your holdings - all in one place on WSJ.com.
an active paid subscription, your gift card will be delivered electronically 45 days from the date of purchase.

Thank you for joining us. We look forward to informing, stimulating, and entertaining you.

Sincerely,
The wall street journal
4300 Route 1 North

Stimulating?

conjur said:   
Sooo...does the trial count as an active paid subscription or not?

... your gift card will be delivered electronically 45 days from the date of purchase.
I took from the email that I would get a GC 45 days from when the promo started (the date of purchase).

conjur said:   Sooo...does the trial count as an active paid subscription or not?

It should as we paid, and there was a link to activate that we got on screen confirmation of. Looks like the company that issues GC will check at some point about subscription being active so best to not cancel until GC received, as planned anyway.

Just got the email confirmation also.

It depends on what "active paid subscription" means. After reading earlier comments, I would take that to mean 120-150 days.

You must understand WSJ's meaning, not your interpretation..

Got same email. Exactly why I didn't cancel.

Lol so many doubters

I am not doubting at all. With this contract, you must read and understand WSJ's words. The only reason I say that is because I used to working staffing. You can word something in such a way that it seems positive, but it actually is a negative to most people. The words "active paid subscription" have purposely not been defined or explained in the email. If you have to dispute the charge later, that is when the WSJ will explain or define the words to their benefit, of course.

I wish you guys who have opted to stay on with this "deal" much luck. I am out - too many questions, vague and ill-defined words for me. They are making up the rules as the go along.

ComputeThis said:   I am not doubting at all. With this contract, you must read and understand WSJ's words. The only reason I say that is because I used to working staffing. You can word something in such a way that it seems positive, but it actually is a negative to most people. The words "active paid subscription" have purposely not been defined or explained in the email. If you have to dispute the charge later, that is when the WSJ will explain or define the words to their benefit, of course.

I wish you guys who have opted to stay on with this "deal" much luck. I am out - too many questions, vague and ill-defined words for me. They are making up the rules as the go along.

Their words ", your gift card will be delivered electronically 45 days from the date of purchase." Whats not to understand?

Don't ignore the "active paid subscription". They could mean the purchase, your monthly second payment of $21.99 (not the first one), after the initial 120-150 days. It does not indicate WHICH date of purchase. You have two purchase dates within the first 120 days.

Lol I'm going to go buy some stock in Reynolds Wrap

Is the deal still available? This link - https://buy.wsj.com/shopandbuy/order/subscribe.jsp?trackCode=aap... is good but the original banner isn't there anymore..

MolineMaroon said:   Is the deal still available? This link - https://buy.wsj.com/shopandbuy/order/subscribe.jsp?trackCode=aap... is good but the original banner isn't there anymore..

The $50 Amazon GC deal was only good for one day.

DrSachmo said:   Lol I'm going to go buy some stock in Reynolds Wrap

Report back when your GC shows up.

ComputeThis said:   Don't ignore the "active paid subscription". They could mean the purchase, your monthly second payment of $21.99 (not the first one), after the initial 120-150 days. It does not indicate WHICH date of purchase. You have two purchase dates within the first 120 days.

The summary page linked by the OP indicated a 3 month introductory offer for $21.99 "PLUS" a $50 Amazon gift card. The offer does not state the gift card will be issued after the introductory period, it states after an active paid subscription, which happened to be a payment $21.99 for an active 3 month paid subscription. If anything else is skewed from that, I believe it is justification for a dispute with your cc company and which will ultimately rule in the consumers favor.

Anybody actually read the digital edition of WSJ on your android? I still get the ads. It is very annoying even for a 4.5 inch.

Came in my inbox today:

Dear **********,

Your recent subscription order includes a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card. With an active paid subscription, your gift card will be delivered electronically 45 days from the date of purchase.

Sincerely,
The wall street journal
4300 Route 1 North

Yeah, I got the same. Glad I didn't cancel it. Thanks op!

I never got this email. I hope that there isn't a problem.

me neither but a WSJ CSR sent me written confirmation 6-8 weeks.

So once the gift card arrives in about 45 days, we can go ahead and cancel the subscription, yes?

you can cancel the renewal, not the subscription. I used a virtual Credit Card number anyway so they can't bill my account again.

anyone get the card yet?

mailfroggy said:   anyone get the card yet?

I was told 45 days after purchase date. Mine should be here around 22nd YMMV

wtjc said:   mailfroggy said:   anyone get the card yet?

I was told 45 days after purchase date. Mine should be here around 22nd YMMV

Everyone purchased on the same date didn't they?

Just got the code in my email.

Do we have to do something so it doesn't auto-renew? I forget.

Just got mine.

Dear showmedamoney:

Thank you for subscribing to The wall street journal. It is our pleasure to send you this $50 Amazon.com Gift Card* that can be applied towards the purchase of millions of items at Amazon.com. Don't delete this message. You'll need the gift card claim code below. You may want to print a copy of this message for easy reference later.

BrianGa said:   Just got the code in my email.

Pretty much all the answers including this one can be found in the posts above

\\siraloz said:   From their Subscriber Agreement page:

You may cancel your subscription by calling Customer Service at (800) 975-3913. We do not accept cancellations by mail or email or by any other means other than calling Customer Service.

BrianGa said:   Just got the code in my email.

Siraloz provides the answer:

You may cancel your subscription by calling Customer Service at (800) 975-3913. We do not accept cancellations by mail or email or by any other means other than calling Customer Service.

Just received $50 Amazon code. I called to cancel at 1(800)975-3913 and the CSR was very pleasant, cancelled my subscription with no problem at all.

Also, just received email confirmation of auto renewal cancelation.

received mine as well today

Got my $50 today!

Got mine today too. Congrats to those who stuck with it and believed in the awesomeness of FW.

Mine too!

Got my $50 GC tonight & already used it! YES!
Called them this morning & have my non-renewale-mail. Great deal! Thanks!

Scifiguy123 said:   Just received $50 Amazon code. I called to cancel at 1(800)975-3913 and the CSR was very pleasant, cancelled my subscription with no problem at all.

Also, just received email confirmation of auto renewal cancelation.

Anyone had luck getting part of the $22 refunded as canceling prematurely?

Or are they canceling just the auto-renewal with access & paid up acct continuing till June 7th or whatever date?

Or worst case completely canceling everything now and stopping online access now itself ?

flylo said:   Got my $50 GC tonight & already used it! YES!

Did you receive email confirmation about GC after you subscribed? I never received any confirmation, so wondering if others are in the same boat but received GC now.

Got mine yesterday

GC received yesterday.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014