• Text Only
me neither but a WSJ CSR sent me written confirmation 6-8 weeks.

So once the gift card arrives in about 45 days, we can go ahead and cancel the subscription, yes?

you can cancel the renewal, not the subscription. I used a virtual Credit Card number anyway so they can't bill my account again.

anyone get the card yet?

mailfroggy said:   anyone get the card yet?

I was told 45 days after purchase date. Mine should be here around 22nd YMMV

wtjc said:   mailfroggy said:   anyone get the card yet?

I was told 45 days after purchase date. Mine should be here around 22nd YMMV

Everyone purchased on the same date didn't they?

Just got the code in my email.

Do we have to do something so it doesn't auto-renew? I forget.

Just got mine.

Dear showmedamoney:

Thank you for subscribing to The wall street journal. It is our pleasure to send you this $50 Amazon.com Gift Card* that can be applied towards the purchase of millions of items at Amazon.com. Don't delete this message. You'll need the gift card claim code below. You may want to print a copy of this message for easy reference later.

BrianGa said:   Just got the code in my email.

Pretty much all the answers including this one can be found in the posts above

\\siraloz said:   From their Subscriber Agreement page:

You may cancel your subscription by calling Customer Service at (800) 975-3913. We do not accept cancellations by mail or email or by any other means other than calling Customer Service.

BrianGa said:   Just got the code in my email.

Siraloz provides the answer:

You may cancel your subscription by calling Customer Service at (800) 975-3913. We do not accept cancellations by mail or email or by any other means other than calling Customer Service.

Just received $50 Amazon code. I called to cancel at 1(800)975-3913 and the CSR was very pleasant, cancelled my subscription with no problem at all.

Also, just received email confirmation of auto renewal cancelation.

received mine as well today

Got my $50 today!

Got mine today too. Congrats to those who stuck with it and believed in the awesomeness of FW.

Mine too!

Got my $50 GC tonight & already used it! YES!
Called them this morning & have my non-renewale-mail. Great deal! Thanks!

Scifiguy123 said:   Just received $50 Amazon code. I called to cancel at 1(800)975-3913 and the CSR was very pleasant, cancelled my subscription with no problem at all.

Anyone had luck getting part of the $22 refunded as canceling prematurely?

Or are they canceling just the auto-renewal with access & paid up acct continuing till June 7th or whatever date?

Or worst case completely canceling everything now and stopping online access now itself ?

flylo said:   Got my $50 GC tonight & already used it! YES!

Did you receive email confirmation about GC after you subscribed? I never received any confirmation, so wondering if others are in the same boat but received GC now.

Got mine yesterday

GC received yesterday.

Those who have received the GC mail, Can you post the email ID from which it has been sent & any other deatils of email.

I have not received mine yet.

PhinTron said:   Those who have received the GC mail, Can you post the email ID from which it has been sent & any other deatils of email.

I have not received mine yet.

Subject: "Your Gift for Subscribing to The wall street journal"
from: The wall street journal <TheWallStreetJournal@e.dowjones.info>

Dear invisible

Thank you for subscribing to The wall street journal. It is our pleasure to send you this $50 Amazon.com Gift Card* that can be applied towards the purchase of millions of items at Amazon.com. Don't delete this message. You'll need the gift card claim code below. You may want to print a copy of this message for easy reference later.

Amazon Gift Card** claim code: xxxx

To redeem your gift card, follow these steps:

1. Visit www.amazon.com/gc

2. Click Apply to Account and enter the claim code when prompted.

3. These gift card funds will be applied automatically to eligible orders during the checkout process.

4. You must pay for any remaining balance on your order with a credit card or other acceptable form of payment.

Your gift card claim code may also be entered when prompted during the checkout process (you will not be able to redeem your gift card using the Amazon.com 1-Click service unless you first redeem the gift card funds to Your Account).

If you have questions about redeeming your Amazon Gift Card, please visit www.amazon.com/gc-redeem. If you have questions regarding your subscription to The wall street journal, please contact 1 800-JOURNAL (568-7625).

dup sorry

Scifiguy123 said:   Just received $50 Amazon code. I called to cancel at 1(800)975-3913 and the CSR was very pleasant, cancelled my subscription with no problem at all.

Tried via site email to stop auto renewal but they need us to call as mentioned stating they are so concerned about the cancellation cause ... BS but will have to call ...

Did you try asking for refund on remaining 30-40 days in case complete access is now stopped? Or just canceled auto renew for Jun 7?

Anyone else have the answer? TIA

Today is day #45... I'm waiting and anxious...

Nice...glad everyone is receiving them. Today is day 48 for me, hope mine comes today. Superscribed 3/8/13.

Excellent! Canceled just now and was given a $11 refund. So, in sum, Amazon $50 gift credit for $10.99 purchase. Good deal.

tnbk said:   Nice...glad everyone is receiving them. Today is day 48 for me, hope mine comes today. Superscribed 3/8/13.

Today would be day 45 for you, but wasn't this a one day deal, 3-7 only???

chryslerguy said:   tnbk said:   Nice...glad everyone is receiving them. Today is day 48 for me, hope mine comes today. Superscribed 3/8/13.

Today would be day 45 for you, but wasn't this a one day deal, 3-7 only???

I just chatted with customer service at WSJ.com. I'm in the cue to be sent the $50GC. She said sometimes it takes a few days more. I did subscribe on 3/7/13 through the banner link, but since it was after business hours it showed starting up 3/8.

tnbk said:   
I just chatted with customer service at WSJ.com. I'm in the cue to be sent the $50GC. She said sometimes it takes a few days more. I did subscribe on 3/7/13 through the banner link, but since it was after business hours it showed starting up 3/8.

I see, it sounds good, I hope we both get emails soon!

burkotron5k said:   Excellent! Canceled just now and was given a $11 refund. So, in sum, Amazon $50 gift credit for $10.99 purchase. Good deal.

WooHoo! thanks X 2 !! Got cancellation emails quite quickly. Now hoping to $11 refund to appear as promised X 2 ...

They tried hard for each one to persuade just doing the auto renewal cancel, give this a one more try, convert to paper version etc etc -- held firm politely, then on asking on refund he says not much is left -- how much I asked? $11 -- I said fine

They said they don't give me any money back as it is prepaid.. but, cancelled..

Got $11.xx of refund after cancellation.

Subscription Cancellation Confirmation
Dear First Last

Thank you for contacting us. This email confirms your recent request to cancel your WSJ Digital Plus subscription.

We appreciate your patronage and hope to serve you again in the future.

If you require further assistance or if you believe you received this email in error, please contact Customer Service.

Regards,
WSJ Customer Service

customercenter.WSJ.com
wsjsupport@WSJ.com
84 2nd Ave. Chicopee, MA 01020

help.WSJ.com/global

does anyone have the original terms and conditions? they have not sent me my GC and are giving me a hard time about it.

arckpromos said:   does anyone have the original terms and conditions? they have not sent me my GC and are giving me a hard time about it.

You know, its right under the first post. It was only valid March 7th. They changed the terms on the 8th.

kareddy006 said:   Got $11.xx of refund after cancellation.

Subscription Cancellation Confirmation
Dear First Last

Thank you for contacting us. This email confirms your recent request to cancel your WSJ Digital Plus subscription.

If you require further assistance or if you believe you received this email in error, please contact Customer Service.

Regards,
WSJ Customer Service

customercenter.WSJ.com
wsjsupport@WSJ.com
84 2nd Ave. Chicopee, MA 01020

help.WSJ.com/global

While I earlier got the same email but without any mention of $11 refund that I had hoped, and with someone reporting they are not gonna get that as it was prepaid, I almost gave up the idea of calling them back but today also got a 2nd confirmation of cancellation as below X 2 (emphasis mine):

=========================================
Dear invisible:

The credit card on file for your account will be credited $11.00 for the unused portion of your subscription. Please be advised that it may take up to 48 HOURS to completely process the credit.

Regards,
WSJ Customer Service

Mine is cancelled as of June 6th, wouldn't shut it down any earlier. That's OK it was worth it. I wanted to try it anyways and this way I got a bonus. Not worth the money for me though.

How were you guys able to get refunds? Did you email or call in?

I've called twice and both times they said the amount was prepaid and no way to get a refund.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm watching this pot that just won't boil... all you guys cancelling right away are probably making them slow down the gift card distribution

so when i get gift card code i just have to call to cancel or i can email?call right?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014