Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Subscribe to WSJ for $22, get $50 Amazon Gift Card YMMV

First page
1 of 27
JohnGalt69
3/7/13 9:39 AM
I went to WSJ today and a special offer popped up- subscribe for three months ($22), get a $50 Amazon gift card- today only. No-brainer. I don't know how targeted this is, I have been navigating directly to WSJ.com and dodging their paywall for the last few days. I saw no confirmation of the gift card during registration, but hopefully I will get that shortly.
WikiPost
3/7/13 9:39 AM
Quoteth from SD:

"spoke to 3 csr, 2 said 6-8 weeks, 1 said 150 days. i asked them to confirm with proper dept and they all came back and confirmed need to be a subscriber for 150 days and get Amazon gc via email in 150-180 days."

UPDATE 3/9/13
Emails have been received stating that the gift card will be sent out in 45 days from purchase.
WSJ [ image/png - 186.52kB ]
Plan Details [ image/jpeg - 98.98kB ]
dvdjunkee
3/7/13 9:42 AM
I went to WSJ.com for the first time and the offer popped up at the bottom of the screen. Thanks OP!

Not sure why FW converts "W S J" to WSJI, but the link is W S J . COM
alanmax
3/7/13 9:45 AM
Seems like a great deal.
I am guessing you can opt-out any time?
invisible
3/7/13 9:51 AM
alanmax said:   

Seems like a great deal.

No explicit detail on cancellation policy ... see that anywhere ? Great deal OP !

I am assuming the options to cancel etc details will appear under the account with instructions ?
iamwildbill
3/7/13 9:55 AM
Popped up for me as well. No info about cancellation terms.
shahnm
3/7/13 9:55 AM
If prior experience holds true, you have to call to cancel.
siraloz
3/7/13 9:58 AM
From their Subscriber Agreement page:

You may cancel your subscription by calling Customer Service at (800) 975-3913. We do not accept cancellations by mail or email or by any other means other than calling Customer Service.

alanmax
3/7/13 9:59 AM
I called and spoke to two diff. offshore reps., not very clear on anything and they could not transfer me to a US based rep.
It seems you can cancel at any time and should get back soem of your $21.99 if within the first month although I don't know how that bwould work with the Amazon GC. They had no clue as to when you rec. GC and that there was even an Amazon GC.
patricochet
3/7/13 9:59 AM
invisible said:   

alanmax said:   

Seems like a great deal.

No explicit detail on cancellation policy ... see that anywhere ? Great deal OP !

I am assuming the options to cancel etc details will appear under the account with instructions ?

WSJ said:

4. Cancellation and Renewal. Your subscription will renew automatically, unless it is cancelled in accordance with this Section. For annual subscriptions, we will notify you of the pending renewal of your subscription at least 30 days prior to the date your subscription renews, except as otherwise required by law. For all subscriptions, you must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of subscription fees for the renewal term to your credit card. We may cancel your subscription at any time by notifying you. You may cancel your subscription by calling Customer Service at (800) 975-3913. We do not accept cancellations by mail or email or by any other means other than calling Customer Service.

Also, I'm in. I'm would guess/hope that the Amazon GC will be within the 3 months; plenty of time to cancel.
First page
1 of 27
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.