Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Subscribe to WSJ for $22, get $50 Amazon Gift Card YMMV

4 of 27
dpid
3/7/13 10:47 AM
I jumped on deal. Thanks OP. Even though I have access to the paper version, its nice to be able to access it on my phone, plus I look at it as more than half off Amazon GC

EDIT: NM, figured out that office let its digital subscription expire. So this is a even better deal

Also, just noticed on a another computer, if you type in wall street journal in google and go to the first advertised link, you get offer for $25.99 for digital+paper for 3 months (no Amazon GC though)
kkozm
3/7/13 10:47 AM
chriswish said:   

I called customer service. They said the Amazon gift card would be emailed within 7-10 business days.

So did I. They said that the account has to be active for 30 days, and then they will send a card, which may take up to 6-8 weeks. I surely hope that your CSR was right, not mine
MVP9596
3/7/13 10:49 AM
STAFF POST
Our apologies for the broken auto link. It's been fixed, and I've edited the borked links in the thread.
BoxingJ
kkozm said:   

chriswish said:   

I called customer service. They said the Amazon gift card would be emailed within 7-10 business days.

So did I. They said that the account has to be active for 30 days, and then they will send a card, which may take up to 6-8 weeks. I surely hope that your CSR was right, not mine

Ehhh... that's not a very comforting schedule. When exactly does the renewal charge happen?
invisible
MitchFlorida said:   

I checked it out. If you get the $20 CashBack you don't get the $50 Amazon Card. Let's not be greedy, folks.

I assumed if you went via FW link and then somehow $50 popup showed up that you used, then you could get both .. anyway I did not use FW CB link
chriswish
3/7/13 10:53 AM
I hope so too

But now I know if I don't receive it in the shorter timeframe, I don't have to worry about getting upset until after the 30 days. At least your CSR still says they mail it before the trial period expires!
chriswish
3/7/13 10:54 AM
kkozm said:   

chriswish said:   

I hope so too

But now I know if I don't receive it in the shorter timeframe, I don't have to worry about getting upset until after the 30 days. At least your CSR still says they mail it before the trial period expires!
dpid
3/7/13 11:03 AM
kkozm said:   

chriswish said:   

If its true, there might be a chance one has to pay an extra month of $21.99 before getting GC?
BoxingJ
3/7/13 11:08 AM
Maybe we need a 3rd call to CS, which will undoubtedly give us a third possible timeline?
saladdin
3/7/13 11:13 AM
MitchFlorida said:   

BoxingJ said:   

What's the chance we get left "high and dry" with a subscription and no gift card, should they get bombarded?

They would have a major class action lawsuit on their hands. My brother-in-law is an attorney and will sue.

My brother-in-law can beat up your brother-in-law.

That's what you sound like.
4 of 27
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.