• Text Only
n41, Thanks!

In 4 1 .. Thanks.!

dpid said:   kkozm said:   chriswish said:   I called customer service. They said the Amazon gift card would be emailed within 7-10 business days.

So did I. They said that the account has to be active for 30 days, and then they will send a card, which may take up to 6-8 weeks. I surely hope that your CSR was right, not mine

If its true, there might be a chance one has to pay an extra month of $21.99 before getting GC?

Your $21.99 is for the first 3 months. If you get the Amazon GC a month into it, you'll have more than enough time to cancel.

Thanks.. I am in too..

I'm in, but their customer service is awful! I ordered a 39week print sub from rewardsgold.com for 4700 points and never got a thing. Rewards gold said they sent the order to the publisher in May, here we are in March and I still got zilch!

Thanks WildBill for uploading the screenshot with the promo terms/evidence.

OP should tell us the $22 only gets us TWO months of the WSJ....

Am in .. thanks OP

In. Thanks for the HD.

Count me in, thx OP!

Signed up! Thx

in

kkozm said:   chriswish said:   I called customer service. They said the Amazon gift card would be emailed within 7-10 business days.
So did I. They said that the account has to be active for 30 days, and then they will send a card, which may take up to 6-8 weeks. I surely hope that your CSR was right, not mine

And over on SD, people are sometimes being reported even longer times, 90 days or even 150 days. In short, we have no idea because the reps themselves don't.

I usually don't like doing these, but a 125% gain on your money is fantastic! Count me in

Edit: Edited my math fail.

Any idea why not popping up for me? I am using my iPad to access the site.

Electronifan said:   OP should tell us the $22 only gets us TWO months of the WSJ....

Huh? Did you read the offer or don't you know the difference between a 2 and a 3?

3 months of WSJ
Disclaimer
Electronifan said:   OP should tell us the $22 only gets us TWO months of the WSJ....

Huh?

ymprncess said:   Any idea why not popping up for me? I am using my iPad to access the site.

Physician heal thyself.

reset2k said:   I usually don't like doing these, but a 56% gain on your money is fantastic! Count me in Math fail.

In 4 1

aarzi said:   reset2k said:   I usually don't like doing these, but a 56% gain on your money is fantastic! Count me in Math fail.

gym teacher tought me math.

suezyque said:   dpid said:   kkozm said:   chriswish said:   I called customer service. They said the Amazon gift card would be emailed within 7-10 business days.

If its true, there might be a chance one has to pay an extra month of $21.99 before getting GC?

Your $21.99 is for the first 3 months. If you get the Amazon GC a month into it, you'll have more than enough time to cancel.

What I meant is that if the CSR said was true, and it takes 6-8 weeks after the first 30 days of being active, you might not get the GC until after 3 months at $21.99. If so, you might have to pay an extra month at $21.99 until you get the GC.

Thanks OP! in for one.

I notice they have a live chat option, wonder if one can cancel through that?

1.273760800363802, given Amazon GC $ = $.

reset2k said:   I usually don't like doing these, but a 56% gain on your money is fantastic! Count me in

dpid said:   suezyque said:   dpid said:   kkozm said:   chriswish said:   I called customer service. They said the Amazon gift card would be emailed within 7-10 business days.

What I meant is that if the CSR said was true, and it takes 6-8 weeks after the first 30 days of being active, you might not get the GC until after 3 months at $21.99. If so, you might have to pay an extra month at $21.99 until you get the GC.

Well, I read it as the gift card should be shipped before your three months are up. Plus, even if you cancel the renewal, you'll still be a paid subscriber for the full 3 months (not exactly like cancelling a free trial early I don't think. . .) Plus, they shouldn't be able to recall the gift card once it's in the mail as it seems like it should be. Also, I feel like they would legally have to put a disclaimer somewhere if they would deny the gift card for any reason. . . good luck to all!

ymprncess said:   Any idea why not popping up for me? I am using my iPad to access the site.

Adblock?

Me thinks this is a direct link: https://buy.wsj.com/shopandbuy/order/subscribe.jsp?trackCode=aap...

Thanks OP.

In for one. Please post if anyone gets the Amazon GC.

In for one!

Thanks, OP

dpid said:   suezyque said:   dpid said:   kkozm said:   chriswish said:   I called customer service. They said the Amazon gift card would be emailed within 7-10 business days.

it takes 6-8 weeks after the first 90 days of being active, you might not get the GC until after 5 months at $21.99.
I got this from online chat.

zhoujian said:   dpid said:   suezyque said:   dpid said:   kkozm said:   chriswish said:   I called customer service. They said the Amazon gift card would be emailed within 7-10 business days.

it takes 6-8 weeks after the first 90 days of being active, you might not get the GC until after 5 months at $21.99.
I got this from online chat.

As long as the qualifying period is 90 days, you should be able to cancel after that and still get the GC. Unless they specifically say you must have an active account at time of shipment.

Got in! nice deal.

chat
Disclaimer
Conversation with WSJ chat rep.

Edit: New information from WSJ chat Rep. Eileen: I do apologize but the card will be submitted after the first 90 days and will take 6 to 8 weeks after that to receive the email.

What a joke this is.

Offer clearly states "three months for the price of one, plus a $50 Amazon.com gift card" I don't know why some members think they will have to pay for additional months? The $50GC comes with the intro offer as it's written!

Also in 90 days if I don't have my GC yet, guess what my reason for cancelling will be???

Quit asking them and worrying. They are bound to send the card as many here have screen shots of the offer and the agreement. I am sure by now they are tired of this also. Surprised why this is already not pulled: unless WSJ is being spun off / sold or taken over, and this is the plan on how to ....

Parthanon said:   Thanks OP! in for one.

I notice they have a live chat option, wonder if one can cancel through that?

Be a man and cancel over the phone. They won't bite you.

------

guys. i just chatted with them and got this:

Me: Hi. I just bought a subscription to WSJ and there a promotion for a free $50 Amazon giftcard. When do I receive it? Do I need to be a customer while it's being sent? There was no stipulation on the terms and conditions of the offer. Thanks!
Eileen: Hi,Thank you for contacting Dow Jones.
Me: Hi Thanks!
Eileen: The $50 Amazon gift card is a code that is emailed to you.
The card is processed after your 90 day trial period it normally takes 6 to 8 weeks after processing for the email to arrive.
Me: Thanks. So I don't need to be a customer after the trial period?
Me: to receive the gift card.
Eileen: You need to have an active account to get the gift card.

Thanks

chombiekay said:   guys. i just chatted with them and got this:

Me: Hi. I just bought a subscription to WSJ and there a promotion for a free $50 Amazon giftcard. When do I receive it? Do I need to be a customer while it's being sent? There was no stipulation on the terms and conditions of the offer. Thanks!
Eileen: Hi,Thank you for contacting Dow Jones.
Me: Hi Thanks!
Eileen: The $50 Amazon gift card is a code that is emailed to you.
The card is processed after your 90 day trial period it normally takes 6 to 8 weeks after processing for the email to arrive.
Me: Thanks. So I don't need to be a customer after the trial period?
Me: to receive the gift card.
Eileen: You need to have an active account to get the gift card.

additional:

Eileen: The account auto renews on a monthly $21.99 after the trial period.
Eileen: You have to have an active account after the 3 month free period to get the gift card. The account must be active for 6 months.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.