QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Subscribe to WSJ for $22, get $50 Amazon Gift Card YMMV

12 of 27
barfait
3/7/13 6:52 PM
ComputeThis said:   

Julie probably meant, it will take 6-8 weeks for your Amazon GC to arrive AFTER 150-180 days.



I hope that isn't the case, considering this line:

JULIE: Yes, [Me] you are now eligible to get a $50 Amazon gift card

If it seriously comes down to semantics, I'll do a chargeback and vow to never subscribe to them again.
mrstezy
3/7/13 6:55 PM
atting with MELBIE
david: hi
MELBIE: Hi, David. How may I help you?
david: I've been hearing conflicting things about the stipulations on getting the $50 Amazon.com gift card with the three-month subscription promotion. Can you explain the terms?thanks
MELBIE: I apologize for any confusion. Amazon Gift cards are fulfilled electronically in several weeks after the initial free period ends, in approximately 150-180 days after you purchased, eligible for new subscribers only.
david: ok so i signed up for 3 months.thats all i have to do?
MELBIE: Yes.
david: dont have to sign up any longer? not sure if i will want to yet but want to make sure i get gift card
MELBIE: You can only avail the Gift card 150-180 days after you purchased the subscription.
david: ha ok now im confused again
MELBIE: Qualifier avail of the gift card is to be a subscriber for approximately 6 months.
david: you said just sign up for 3 months then you said 150 days.
david: 6 months?
david: there is no fine print that stated that
MELBIE: Yes. David.
david: this is false sdvertising
MELBIE: I apologize for any inconvenience. You need to be a subscriber for 150 days to being eligible for the card and it will be delivered between 150-180 days after you purchased.
david: ok i need a refund. seems fishy this deal
david: i will be contactin the better business bureau
david: i need a refund please.
david: not your fault just whoever is not listing any fine print
MELBIE: I'm sorry to hear that. For security reasons, your subscription cannot be canceled online. Please call 1-800-975-3913 to cancel your account by phone.
david: ok just need refund for sure. this is bad business practice
MELBIE: We truly value the opinions of our subscribers and appreciates the time you have taken to express your feelings. I have also taken the liberty of forwarding your comments to upper
david: your very kind
david: just need to make sure im refunded
MELBIE: Please call us to refund your money back. Again, my apologies. Anything else I may assist you with?
david: no thanks
LvBrknHrt
3/7/13 7:11 PM
not worth the risk to do this deal
MitchFlorida
3/7/13 7:12 PM
Thank goodness for virtual credit card numbers. BofA and Citi have them , I don't think Chase does.

I just canceled the order . I don't have time to call these jokers.

They want you to subscribe for 6 months or $88 to get $50.
ComputeThis
3/7/13 7:34 PM
MitchFlorida said:   

Thank goodness for virtual credit card numbers. BofA and Citi have them , I don't think Chase does.

I just canceled the order . I don't have time to call these jokers.

They want you to subscribe for 6 months or $88 to get $50.



Discover has virtual card numbers as well.
thedarsts
3/7/13 7:34 PM
I'm going to ride it out and will charge back if I need to. Not going to cancel too early and potentially miss out.
hpmax
3/7/13 7:35 PM
Let's be honest, there's very little risk to the deal. Worst case scenario you dispute the charge, and you will almost certainly win. Just keep a print out of the offer page. State you signed up because you thought you were going to get a $50 GC, and you haven't, they haven't held up their end of the agreement and you won't pay. But I agree, they certainly are not handling this very well.
ComputeThis
3/7/13 7:42 PM
hpmax said:   

Let's be honest, there's very little risk to the deal. Worst case scenario you dispute the charge, and you will almost certainly win. Just keep a print out of the offer page. State you signed up because you thought you were going to get a $50 GC, and you haven't, they haven't held up their end of the agreement and you won't pay. But I agree, they certainly are not handling this very well.



Even though I know I would win the creditcard dispute, it's too much work for very little gain.
nvhighroller
3/7/13 8:37 PM
I guess this is what happens when Rupert Murdoch gets his hands on things...
excite
3/7/13 9:38 PM
Which one is easier, chargeback or call to cancel?

ComputeThis said:   

hpmax said:   

Let's be honest, there's very little risk to the deal. Worst case scenario you dispute the charge, and you will almost certainly win. Just keep a print out of the offer page. State you signed up because you thought you were going to get a $50 GC, and you haven't, they haven't held up their end of the agreement and you won't pay. But I agree, they certainly are not handling this very well.



Even though I know I would win the creditcard dispute, it's too much work for very little gain.

12 of 27
Please select a reason for your RED vote:








You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
Loading...