• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

linksys
Disclaimer
Newegg is currently offering the refurbished Linksys SE1500-RM 10/100Mbps 5-Port Fast Ethernet Switch for only $2.99 shipped after a $10.00 rebate.

Newegg price $12.99 free shipping

$10.00 Mail In Rebate (Exp. 3/11/13

Final Price: $2.99

Description

Cisco - Linksys SE1500 5-Port Fast Ethernet Switch

The Linksys SE1500 5-Port Fast Ethernet Switch gives you the power to expand your home network. Easily connect computers, printers, storage, game consoles and other devices at wired connection speeds of up to 100 Mbps. The SE1500 is plug-and-play, so no configuration is required. Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization technology automatically optimizes performance for each connected device, so you can enjoy smooth video streaming and gaming. Unused ports automatically power-down, providing power-saving efficiency.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does it work? Any warranty with it?

Just about every home router can also function as a switch. And this one is only 10/100Mbps. What's the point of owning one?

Everything is going wireless and your wireless can support tons and tons of devices... on the bright side, this does come with an ac adapter, so in case your Linksys router's one breaks...

So where is the link to the $3 wireless router? Furthermore, there are plenty of applications where you don't want wireless. Many routers don't give you the option to disable the 802.11 function.

This is another in this weeks series... 'Newegg - Clearing out old technology (from our warehouse) with rebates'.

Newegg should throw in a 2400 baud modem free with purchase.

kickerstarter said:   Just about every home router can also function as a switch. And this one is only 10/100Mbps. What's the point of owning one?

I have 1 wireless router and 2 switches. Why would you put a router everywhere you need a switch when routers cost a lot more?

I have a switch at my desk that connects to my desktop, laptop dock, NAS, and printer.
I have a switch in the living room connecting Tivo, TV, BluRay, and Roku.
Router connects to the 2 switches and other Tivo and Bluray player.

vanheve2 said:   kickerstarter said:   Just about every home router can also function as a switch. And this one is only 10/100Mbps. What's the point of owning one?

I have 1 wireless router and 2 switches. Why would you put a router everywhere you need a switch when routers cost a lot more?

Because I have old routers laying around. Pre Wi-Fi days, 802.11b, 802.11b/g, even a Pre-N router. All of them can do 10/100Mbps switching. All of them are capable of supporting the devices you listed.

drodge said:   So where is the link to the $3 wireless router? Furthermore, there are plenty of applications where you don't want wireless. Many routers don't give you the option to disable the 802.11 function.

I honestly have not come across a wireless router that won't let you disable its wireless. I would not say there is none because I don't know all the routers out there but I would not call it "many". Care to give a few examples?

Edit: Okay, chedv. If you have something to say, say it!

I do wireless hacking for a living and test thousands of wireless devices. I have seen MANY that will not allow you to disable the wireless. In fact, I would say MOST of the cheaper ones won't. I'm not going to list them off. I'm glad that people have tons of wireless routers laying around they don't mind using as switches. For the people who don't, or those who actually need a wired switch, this is the best deal going. Please stop threadcrapping unless you have something to add. I asked someone to post an example of a $3 router with 5 ports on it, and no one has. Pleas stick to the deal.

drodge said:   So where is the link to the $3 wireless router? Furthermore, there are plenty of applications where you don't want wireless. Many routers don't give you the option to disable the 802.11 function.

Every router Ive owned (and its been quite a few) has had this option on the stock firmware.

drodge said:   I do wireless hacking for a living and test thousands of wireless devices. I have seen MANY that will not allow you to disable the wireless. In fact, I would say MOST of the cheaper ones won't. I'm not going to list them off. I'm glad that people have tons of wireless routers laying around they don't mind using as switches. For the people who don't, or those who actually need a wired switch, this is the best deal going. Please stop threadcrapping unless you have something to add. I asked someone to post an example of a $3 router with 5 ports on it, and no one has. Pleas stick to the deal.

This post is also not related to the deal either. It takes two to argue.

Let's assume a generous 50% rebate redemption rate. That would put this at $13 - $5 (based on average redemption %) = $8. Sounds about right for an older 10/100 switch.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014