• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$75 off any Windows Laptop, Desktop, or Tablet at Staples, including clearance.
Limit 1 per customer.
Excludes Refurbished computers, HP G7 laptops and Toshiba L875 laptop.

Last deal recently expired. But Staples issued new coupon code, Exp 3/11/2013

In-store Coupon Code: 16156
Online or Phone Coupon Code: 70847

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Staples (11.70kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Does Staples take expired coupon.. 1 day late?

FireDragon064 (Mar. 12, 2013 @ 6:27a) |

The coupon should be scanned with no issue after 2 days of expiration (in store only, not online). It will depend on if ... (more)

goodguy1966 (Mar. 12, 2013 @ 7:54a) |

I am thinking about getting the Lenovo Z580. Any new coupons released today?

searayrunner (Mar. 12, 2013 @ 9:14a) |

• Also categorized in:

And the coupon continues.

I'm looking for a "cheap", "basic", laptop for everyday light use. I haven't been in the market for a while, so I could use a recommendation from you experts to make use of this deal.

By that, I am not looking for a high power gaming, video editing laptop. 15" is fine, 14" is better, but they usually cost more. It is desirable to have WiFi, Webcam, and Mic. A Dual core CPU would be nice. I'm trying to stay below $300. Mostly use for Emails, Internet surfing, and word processing.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

PraiseBear said:   I'm looking for a "cheap", "basic", laptop for everyday light use. I haven't been in the market for a while, so I could use a recommendation from you experts to make use of this deal.

By that, I am not looking for a high power gaming, video editing laptop. 15" is fine, 14" is better, but they usually cost more. It is desirable to have WiFi, Webcam, and Mic. A Dual core CPU would be nice. I'm trying to stay below $300. Mostly use for Emails, Internet surfing, and word processing.

I'm in the same boat as you...and have been looking for over a month. But I'm very frugal with my money. My problem is like yours. I don't need video editing, photo editing, I'm not gonna play some Diablo type game where I need graphics....but I want a FAST computer, lightning fast...lol There is a laptop that's very basic on Staples for like $400 with a $50 rebate AND take that $75 off--Toshiba C855-S5350 15.6in. However, will that last another 5 years? Will I want touch screen? Will regular laptops as we know them be obsolete in 5 years and everything is touch screen? Will this be worthless in 2-3 years and I'll be spending another $500 to get a better one, thus I should just get what I need now? I minored in Economics and it's hard to buy anything without costs/benefits competing against each other continually.

I really like this one: Samsung Series 3 NP350E7C-A01US 17.3" Laptop But it's $699.99 and it's not touch-screen. Is seems top of the line in most everything else and a laptop that would last 5 years+...unless touch-screens takeover the world (or did they already?).

You may in the same boat as me:
1. Go cheap just for internet (crap processor, no touch screen, may not last long)
2. Go $600-$700 range (get i7, 8GB Ram, enough hard drive for life---no touch screen)
3. Go $700-$900 and get all the above with touch screen

Whatever you get now will still be able to do what it can do now 5 years from now (assuming you haven't had some failure that makes repair uneconomical). It just may not be able to do what "everybody else" is doing 5 years from now.

Is there a printable?

Printable added in OP

for those wondering, good only for "windows" tablets, just tried on a tab2 samsung 10.1, nogo.

PraiseBear said:   I'm looking for a "cheap", "basic", laptop for everyday light use. I haven't been in the market for a while, so I could use a recommendation from you experts to make use of this deal.

Try this Toshiba for $275 after coupon. Lots of ram, HDMI out, but a pokey processor.

For $50 more, I prefer this Toshiba for $325 after coupon:
http://www.staples.com/Toshiba-Satellite-C855-S5194-156-Laptop/product_136822

It is already sold out online but may be available in your local Staples.

Awesome - works with Surface tablets.

i had and acer aspire that just flaked out for the past 5 years maybe....paid in the 300's range and was able to do everything i wanted with it....screen went black but still powers up...tried the battery drain trick and it didnt work....shopping for a new one now but think the acer was worth it...used it daily and truly beat the hell out of it

DrElectron said:   For $50 more, I prefer this Toshiba for $325 after coupon:

Thanks. Just got one at my local Staples

bought a surface pro without any problem, any idea how good is the $192 drop coverage? you supposed to get that money back in visa card if you don't use it at the end of 2 years

apv7 said:   DrElectron said:   For $50 more, I prefer this Toshiba for $325 after coupon:

Thanks. Just got one at my local Staples

I think you will like it. I got mine for 279 I think it was. At the time I bought it it also had a $50 easy rebate.

I wound up getting the Toshiba L875-S7332 for $325. Now I see in the upcoming ad it's $25 cheaper with a better instant savings. I called to get the price adjustment and was told I have to go back to the store. Also not sure it's a great deal, even at $300. Haven't owned a laptop since the earliest ones that were as big as luggage. What sold me on this model was the big screen because I have trouble seeing. Don't need anything major, not a gamer, but I do like my photo editing programs and want something fast!

PraiseBear said:   Internet surfing

that's not specific...

and anyone thinking they're going to do typing needs to test it out, never buy online...test in store first

I didn't think the keyboards were too bad. the optical drive, otoh, omg, can't imagine that lasting. more delicate than a toy!

tanner12oz said:   i had and acer aspire that just flaked out for the past 5 years maybe....paid in the 300's range and was able to do everything i wanted with it....screen went black but still powers up...tried the battery drain trick and it didnt work....shopping for a new one now but think the acer was worth it...used it daily and truly beat the hell out of it

Just hook it up to a monitor and use it as a desktop. I had an Acer laptop where the screen went out after 4 years. Got another 2 years of use out of it as a desktop!

megachacker said:   PraiseBear said:   I'm looking for a "cheap", "basic", laptop for everyday light use. I haven't been in the market for a while, so I could use a recommendation from you experts to make use of this deal.

I'm in the same boat as you...and have been looking for over a month. But I'm very frugal with my money. My problem is like yours. I don't need video editing, photo editing, I'm not gonna play some Diablo type game where I need graphics....but I want a FAST computer, lightning fast...lol There is a laptop that's very basic on Staples for like $400 with a $50 rebate AND take that $75 off--Toshiba C855-S5350 15.6in. However, will that last another 5 years? Will I want touch screen? Will regular laptops as we know them be obsolete in 5 years and everything is touch screen? Will this be worthless in 2-3 years and I'll be spending another $500 to get a better one, thus I should just get what I need now? I minored in Economics and it's hard to buy anything without costs/benefits competing against each other continually.

I really like this one: Samsung Series 3 NP350E7C-A01US 17.3" Laptop But it's $699.99 and it's not touch-screen. Is seems top of the line in most everything else and a laptop that would last 5 years+...unless touch-screens takeover the world (or did they already?).

You may in the same boat as me:
1. Go cheap just for internet (crap processor, no touch screen, may not last long)
2. Go $600-$700 range (get i7, 8GB Ram, enough hard drive for life---no touch screen)
3. Go $700-$900 and get all the above with touch screen

You can get a used or refurb Dell lattitude D630 with a core2 duo for under $200. It is somewhat dated but real solid build quality. Just look for one with intel graphics, the nvidea models have a high failure rate.

gisele2828 said:   I didn't think the keyboards were too bad. the optical drive, otoh, omg, can't imagine that lasting. more delicate than a toy!

Are you talking about Toshiba or just in general?

I was talking about the Toshiba one I purchased. I thought the keyboard was better than I was led to believe. What really bothered me was the flimsiness of the optical drive.

depends on what you consider cheap and what features you want to have

We plan to use the coupon today for this week's Toshiba 17" laptop deal from Staples, dropping its price from $400 to $325.

Item: 984633
Model: L875D-S7332

Ideal for students, light gamers, and families that want an affordable big-screen desktop replacement PC, the Satellite® L875 laptop is a great choice, offering the right mix of style and performance
Whether you want to work, create or play, this Satellite® L875D laptop is big on features to help you do it. Topping the bill is a huge 17.3" diagonal, widescreen, TruBrite® HD+ display with LED backlighting – great for watching movies, playing games or toggling through open windows. Students and families can also tap into lots of memory plus powerful AMD® processor to multitask and make short work of today‘s popular apps

AMD A6-4400M Accelerated 2.7GHz up to 3.2GHz with AMD Turbo Core Technology 3.0 1MB L2 Cache Processor
6GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory, Expandable to 16GB
640GB 5400RPM Serial ATA Hard Disk
17.3” diagonal HD+ widescreen TruBrite® TFT LED-backlit display (1600 x 900)
Windows 8

Open up the Toshiba L875D-S7332 17.3" Satellite and immerse yourself in stunning

I ended up getting that laptop today. It is well made. I need a big screen also. Thanks for pointing out that model.

gisele2828 said:   I wound up getting the Toshiba L875-S7332 for $325. Now I see in the upcoming ad it's $25 cheaper with a better instant savings. I called to get the price adjustment and was told I have to go back to the
store. Also not sure it's a great deal, even at $300. Haven't owned a laptop since the earliest ones that were as big as luggage. What sold me on this model was the big screen because I have trouble seeing. Don't need anything major, not a gamer, but I do like my photo editing programs and want something fast!

Coupon excludes this model

Our clerk had issues entering the coupon. The manager told our clerk to override it. He said they are suppose to honor it for the customer. He did not say it did not cover it. I thought he was being nice.

yesidonoitall said:   Coupon excludes this model

While I can make a copy of the coupon I have, trying new ones I get this

An internal server error occurred. Please try again later.

Does Staples take expired coupon.. 1 day late?

FireDragon064 said:   Does Staples take expired coupon.. 1 day late?
The coupon should be scanned with no issue after 2 days of expiration (in store only, not online). It will depend on if the CSR pay attention to the expiration date.

I am thinking about getting the Lenovo Z580. Any new coupons released today?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014