• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Not the hottest SSD, not the hottest price, but a good transplant to give a boost to an older laptop.

http://www.staples.com/Kingston-SV200S3B7A-64G-SSDNow-V200-64GB-...

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Kingston SSD V200 64GB (12.38kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Replace your OEM laptop hard drive with this, then buy adapter to use your DVD bay for your original HD, install clean Windows 7 or 8 on SSD & your machine will fly for $50 plus $12-15 cost of adapter

Use $25 off $100 coupon and add a filler, you can buy two and make each $40, GREAT DEAL!

Where do I get the coupon code please?

addictedBuyer said:   Where do I get the coupon code please?

Staples randomly send out, and I just happen to have one.

not as good.. but related... this is the HyperX 3K 120 GB version for $100 after code

$30 OFF
coupon code - 19535

Staples: $30 OFF Kingston SH103S3/120G HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" SATA III (6 Gb/s) MLC Internal SSD (Solid State Drive) Item: 786126 Model: SH103S3/120G - now $99.99

tougher said:   Use $25 off $100 coupon and add a filler, you can buy two and make each $40, GREAT DEAL!

tougher said:   addictedBuyer said:   Where do I get the coupon code please?

Staples randomly send out, and I just happen to have one.

This makes it even a better deal with a $20 I found under my couch cushion.

I would go for this one, which also includes a bracket, though it costs $10 more. But mostly you don't pay tax for it!

kuelllin said:   I would go for this one, which also includes a bracket, though it costs $10 more. But mostly you don't pay tax for it!

Huh?

The original post includes a bracket, cables, etc.

Also, the SSD at your link is 20% more. UNless your sales tax is more than 20 percent, the OP is a better deal.

How good is 64GB? Recommended windows installation space is 30-40 GB

I've had these on 3 laptops (Win 7 Pro) and 2 netbooks (Win 7 Starter) since Black Friday with no issues and obviously love them, amazing how fast these make bootup. Neat thing about this kit is that it includes an external drive adapter that you can use for your old hard drive (may wipe out your concerns about disk space) or whatever else.

rockymast said:   How good is 64GB? Recommended windows installation space is 30-40 GB

It's fine for breathing some life into an older laptop that you may only use for browsing, email, light work etc. Not anything you'd want for installing huge media apps or music/movie storage.

Bought one for a Windows MCE. Perfect size for the operating system, I use an internal drive to store all TV recordings and movies. Makes the MCE menus much faster. Love that $40 of $80 coupon Staples keeps sending me. Bought 4 SSD's in the last 2 weeks.

Dupe post.

Is this available in store? I want to pick it up today. TIA

Temecula1 said:   Is this available in store? I want to pick it up today. TIAno

Make sure you check out the reviews for this 2011 model drive.

thinksnow said:   Make sure you check out the reviews for this 2011 model drive.

Sounds like the new firmware has resolved most of the issues, in for 1 for my netbook.

Anyone try putting this in an Asus Vivobook X202E?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014