Disclaimer
Utilitech Pro 6-in White LED Retro-fit Recessed Lighting Kit

Item #: 113539 | Model #: DLS02-627D-WH-F1

6-in White LED Retro-fit Recessed Lighting Kit

Works on 5-in or 6-in recessed cans
Uses 13 watts for 700 lumens of brightness
ENERGY STARŪ qualified
Lasts up to 50000 hours

Good price, good reviews. Normal price is $34.98, so a saving of $10 off each (plus any Lowes coupons), so good deal.
Not as bright as the previous ones from Costco, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for those who do not want to put on a pair of sunglasses in their kitchen.

Lowe's
Need a Lowe's coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Utilitech DLS02-627D-WH-F1
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Either YMMV or B&M only. Not available at that price in my store. $34.98

joefresco said:   Either YMMV or B&M only. Not available at that price in my store. $34.98always YMMV for Lowe's. OP's price in the DC metro stores.

Although the description says 13 watts for 700 lumens, that seems like a CFL rating. According to some charts: 13 watts yields 1000+ lumens or 6+ watts yields 700 lumens

These are the ones to get if you have access to a Costco: Costco LED Retrofit. 1200 Lumen @18W vs 700 Lumen @13W.

I replaced the 6 can lights in my kitchen and these are awesome. I did end up adding a Lutron dimmer and running them at 3/4 power because they are almost too bright. Seriously considering replacing all the other can lights in my house with these.

The Costco one is VERY bright, whiter, instant on, wide angle beam (85 degree) & work with Lutron MS-VP600GHW-WH vacancy dimmer.
I bought the dimmer because they were too bright in my setup which I replaced PAR38 CFL.
The instruction was so bad; it took me awhile to figure out because it was too tight to push it in.

Bought 6 of these for the kitchen and hallway area where we have the can lights. Trivial to install (heck, my wife is doing the work, and it's taking probably around 5 minutes a light at most. Don't have access to a costco, so these have been the best option for me, almost bought some back a number of months ago when they were on sale before.

Color temp is pretty good. We seemed to have had 2 different style of bulbs originally, with two dimmer and more yellow bulbs (one over the sink and one in the hallway). The led's are significantly brighter and noticeably whiter than the dimmer bulbs, and are probably similar in color temperature to the brighter bulbs we had, and either similar brightness or slightly brighter. You don't want to stand under the bulb and look straight up at it because it's too bright.

There is about a half second delay between flipping the switch and the lights turning on. Brightness is full as soon as they come on, just a slight delay before there's light. Haven't decided if that's going to annoy me or not. I'd have to say that's the only complaint I have about them after having just installed them.

For me, I wouldn't really say that the reason I did this was for any energy savings (although the 4 main kitchen lights are probably the lights that are on most in my house every day). I'd just gotten really sick of constantly having to replace the bulbs in those lights all the time. Seemed like every time I turned around I had another one of the bulbs dead (in fact, had 2 that were out in the kitchen before doing these replacements). Yeah, those bulbs are pretty cheap, but it does add up over time, and really got on my nerves.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014