• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Right now Target has the Virgin Mobile Optimus Elite for $59.99 B&M

This is a great upgrade from the Optimus V.

I upgraded and kept the grandfathered rate. (I activated online).

The phone is about 1000000% better then the Optimus V.

Don't forget the Target red card for 5% off all purchases.

EDIT: For $7.00 you can buy a 2 year extended warranty from Target for this phone too. That's a no brainer.

Virgin Mobile
Need a Virgin Mobile coupon that earns $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Virgin Mobile Optimus Elite
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The triumph supposedly is only serviceable if you install a different ROM on it (I see good things about the "Sharp ROM"... (more)

JDubTrey (Mar. 18, 2013 @ 1:49p) |

Virgin says: "LG Optimus Elite. Pay Now for Next Month's Plan ($25.00 +tax due on 04/03/2013)"

Thanks knowit2!

ricrick (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 4:42p) |

Can you be more explicit in what you are saying?

And what tax?

yesidonoitall (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 4:59p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

On sale for $69.99 on VM right now. Not such a good price but if people don't have a Target nearby it may be an option.

better buy on line as the stores they list as brick and mortar carry zero to two of Virgin Mobile phones and they mark them upto a high price...called Friday

I would say this is not exactly "Smokin...Hot" when the price online is the same.
Always seems to be an inverse relationship with how "Hot" the deal is stated to be in the title and it's actual hotness...

Ok getting a good android phone with 300 min unlimited everything else for$25 a month is a terrible deal. My bad. I guess no reason to post anymore with all the new geniuses now here.

knowit2 said:   Ok getting a good android phone with 300 min unlimited everything else for$25 a month is a terrible deal. My bad. I guess no reason to post anymore with all the new geniuses now here.

My mistake, allow me to praise you for discovering an 800mhz phone running Gingerbread for under 100 dollars. Epic accomplishment.

Thanks OP, Exactly like me, I'm looking for something cheap to replace my old Optimus V and keep my $25 plan. Ignore the thread crappers.

What is the deal in this. Same price in eBay from reputed merchants.

knowit2 said:   Ok getting a good android phone with 300 min unlimited everything else for$25 a month is a terrible deal. My bad. I guess no reason to post anymore with all the new geniuses now here.

Ignore the trolls. Pretty good deal for those of us on the $25 deal. Thanks and green!

Definitely a good price. This phone was $50 at different times over the holidays, but this is not bad either.

Hopefully it will be $50 again soon.

Wow... so hot. Won't touch it. Might burn...

belgique said:   better buy on line as the stores they list as brick and mortar carry zero to two of Virgin Mobile phones and they mark them upto a high price...called Friday

They had 5 at my store in Kent WA, Picked one up. Now thy have 4 left. Thanks OP

Is this the "best" (However you rate it) VM phone to upgrade to and still stay on the $25 plan? I also have the aging Optimus V.

Thanks OP! After I added the phone to my account, I had to call to activate. Logged back into account and $25/month still displays so hopefully still grandfathered on plan. Nice deal!!!

jschuman said:   Is this the "best" (However you rate it) VM phone to upgrade to and still stay on the $25 plan? I also have the aging Optimus V.

Pretty much.

Some will say that the best $25/month phone is a hacked Moto Triumph, but for some inexplicable reason, that phone never comes down in price even though it's an almost 2-year old re-branded Huawei.

The cheapest I have ever seen a new Triumph is $150. Every other VM phone but the new Victory, iphones and the S2 have been less than that.

Even if the only the battery life is improved it's worth it.

PLATFORM

Android™ 2.3.7 Learn More
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT

Height: 4.5"
Depth: 0.39"

Width: 2.47"
Weight: 4.25 oz.

Screen Size: 3.5" Touchscreen
BATTERY

Talk time: 6.67 hours
Standby Time: 10.5 days
PROCESSOR

800 Mhz Processor
MEMORY

Expandable Memory to 32GB (Not Included)
CONNECTIVITY

Wi-Fi
Bluetooth® 4.69

I just upgraded to this phone from the Optimus V last week. Battery life is similar to the Optimus V (use a battery-saving app like Juice Defender - there may be better out there, but I use Juice Defender and it does an excellent job making my battery go further).

My major complaints about this phone after one week of use are:
1. Cannot stop Google+, Gmail, and Google Wallet from running in the background (without rooting, anyway).
2. Cannot turn off camera shutter sound. You can choose from 4 sounds but there is no way to silence it, either in the camera settings or in the main phone settings. Even in silent mode it makes a loud noise.

I don't take many photos with my cell phone, but I guess when I do I'll be the jerk that doesn't know how to turn the shutter sound off, or worse, the moron who likes that their cell phone makes a fake shutter noise.

An eBay seller has them for the same price $59.99 , I have bought some from him when they were $10 less a month ago...

His wording about multiple buys...

"Brand New LG Optimus Elite for Virgin Mobile
FOR INDIVIDUAL USE ONLY! NOT FOR RESALE!

Virgin Mobile limits the amount of phones a customer can purchase. These phones are not for resale and are for individual use only.
Any purchases violating Virgin Mobile terms and conditions will not be shipped."

He shipped....

The Optimus Elite's battery life sucks (< 48 hours). I had to recharge my Optimus every night to ensure that the phone would be operational during the day. On Black Friday, I replaced the Optimus with a $50 HTC One V. The difference between the two models is day and night, both in terms of battery life and functionality.

algo said:   The Optimus Elite's battery life sucks (< 48 hours). I had to recharge my Optimus every night to ensure that the phone would be operational during the day. On Black Friday, I replaced the Optimus with a $50 HTC One V. The difference between the two models is day and night, both in terms of battery life and functionality.

I have never owned a smartphone, that with regular use, lasted 48 hours. Most people are happy with a smartphone that goes an entire day without charging.

i would try to find the HTC One for $50 or even at $100 price rather than this Optimus Elite

on the downside, my optimus V is still running the old software that still permits Quick Settings, and therefore can be used as a wireless hot spot. If you have the correct version of the software it is still an option. Otherwise, the Optimus Elite is a nice upgrade for $59.

Can you purchase from the VM online store using discounted top up cards? If so, it is cheaper to purchase directly from VM. senorgregster said:   On sale for $69.99 on VM right now. Not such a good price but if people don't have a Target nearby it may be an option.

imsparty said:   Can you purchase from the VM online store using discounted top up cards? If so, it is cheaper to purchase directly from VM. senorgregster said:   On sale for $69.99 on VM right now. Not such a good price but if people don't have a Target nearby it may be an option.Yes, one can do that. However, it will prepay your next month when adding top up cards first.

algo said:   The Optimus Elite's battery life sucks (< 48 hours). I had to recharge my Optimus every night to ensure that the phone would be operational during the day. On Black Friday, I replaced the Optimus with a $50 HTC One V. The difference between the two models is day and night, both in terms of battery life and functionality.

I don't believe the HTC One V can grandfathered into the $25 plan like the elite. Can anyone confirm? TIA

I don't believe the HTC One V can grandfathered into the $25 plan like the elite. Can anyone confirm? TIA

HKSturboKid said:   algo said:   The Optimus Elite's battery life sucks (< 48 hours). I had to recharge my Optimus every night to ensure that the phone would be operational during the day. On Black Friday, I replaced the Optimus with a $50 HTC One V. The difference between the two models is day and night, both in terms of battery life and functionality.

Yes, that is correct. You can find threads on HowardForums to that effect.

JDubTrey said:   jschuman said:   Is this the "best" (However you rate it) VM phone to upgrade to and still stay on the $25 plan? I also have the aging Optimus V.

Pretty much.

Some will say that the best $25/month phone is a hacked Moto Triumph, but for some inexplicable reason, that phone never comes down in price even though it's an almost 2-year old re-branded Huawei.

The cheapest I have ever seen a new Triumph is $150. Every other VM phone but the new Victory, iphones and the S2 have been less than that.
Hacked? As in? [This post hammers in why I love fatwallet, VirginMobile.com's black friday deals, and good timing. Since VM.com's BF deals last all day, they're easy to get : I got my Triumph for $130 shipped in 2011. Then via FW "downgraded" to the $25 plan through the website.]

As for the OP, I bought one, great deal, thanks.

how to get $25 plan? i only see $35 min plan on vm site.

jiehwanwang said:   how to get $25 plan? i only see $35 min plan on vm site.

Use to be $25 until they raised their rates but those of us who already had it get to keep it.

Is there anywhere on the VM website that says you can keep your grandfathered plan with this phone (in case you don't get lucky during the upgrade, or VM performs an audit later)? Everything on the website that I have found states the familiar "smartphones launched before May 1, 2012 ... not subject to the new device upgrade rules", and some other users are reporting that they are not keeping their $25 plan when upgrading to this phone (which makes sense, since it was release May 15, 2012).

I'm not willing to waste the money on a backup when my rooted and OC'd Optimus V works great for my needs.

The following section of the Virgin Mobile website lists the phones that can be gradfathered into the $25 plan. The Elite is not on the list. Having said that, some people seem to have been able to do it. But I guess it's important to realize it's not a sure thing.

http://virginmobileusa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5667...

geizig said:   The following section of the Virgin Mobile website lists the phones that can be gradfathered into the $25 plan. The Elite is not on the list. Having said that, some people seem to have been able to do it. But I guess it's important to realize it's not a sure thing.

http://virginmobileusa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5667...

The may have rules but when talking to a real person on doing it they have leeway...

only 3.5 inch screen. 59.99 is not a bad deal though.

mathfaster said:   imsparty said:   Can you purchase from the VM online store using discounted top up cards? If so, it is cheaper to purchase directly from VM. senorgregster said:   On sale for $69.99 on VM right now. Not such a good price but if people don't have a Target nearby it may be an option.Yes, one can do that. However, it will prepay your next month when adding top up cards first.

You can cancel pre-payment via my account on the VM website. I got 2 months service, and a backup optimus elite for $84 via eBay top up cards...essentially getting the phone for $34.

icecube said:   I would say this is not exactly "Smokin...Hot" when the price online is the same.
Always seems to be an inverse relationship with how "Hot" the deal is stated to be in the title and it's actual hotness...

This is only "Smokin...Hot" for a very specific subset of customers.

It's definitely not worth switching to VM over this phone, since it is really lackluster spec-wise and only now sold at a proper price. If, however, you want to keep the $35/month plan and have a slightly better phone, it's great. Reminds me of the threads where people would get excited about which phones would work on SERO plans.

TrentSteel said:   icecube said:   I would say this is not exactly "Smokin...Hot" when the price online is the same.

This is only "Smokin...Hot" for a very specific subset of customers.

It's definitely not worth switching to VM over this phone, since it is really lackluster spec-wise and only now sold at a proper price. If, however, you want to keep the $35/month plan and have a slightly better phone, it's great. Reminds me of the threads where people would get excited about which phones would work on SERO plans.

RE:
This is only "Smokin...Hot" for a very specific subset of customers

As with all FW buyers.
Name ONE that all will go for?

Skipping 33 Messages...
ricrick said:   Virgin says: "LG Optimus Elite. Pay Now for Next Month's Plan ($25.00 +tax due on 04/03/2013)"

Thanks knowit2!

Can you be more explicit in what you are saying?

And what tax?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.