• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
The fact that you can not use the Elite as a wireless hot spot kills it for me. I really like the Optimus V's "hidden" WiFi Hot spot feature.

And yes, i too have been able to switch my daughter's phones to the Elite from the V and keep the $25 grandfathered plan.


fbckids said:   on the downside, my optimus V is still running the old software that still permits Quick Settings, and therefore can be used as a wireless hot spot. If you have the correct version of the software it is still an option. Otherwise, the Optimus Elite is a nice upgrade for $59.

Elite keeps your $25 grandfathered status. While the HTC One is nicer, you lose the $25 rate if you upgrade to it. The elite is more than decent for basic use. I get a day and a half out of the battery. ITs a basic value phone on a value plan. Great for my needs.

For what its worth ive switched to this phone and its still stating $25 plan.

In the cart I am getting $69.99

Why hasn't anyone mentioned FatWallet Cash Back through the Virgin Mobile site?
FW CB = $12.50 on phones $50-$149.99

$69.99 - $12.50 = $57.49

If you are willing to wait for the phone to come in the mail and Cash Back to arrive in your account, then FW + VM site wins. Or am I missing something?

Regardless, I'm happy to finally upgrade my grandfathered Optimus V. Thanks, OP.

Use this app to save battery life. It did wonders for my Nexus One.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone....

Just spoke to VM customer service. Verified Optimus Elite is okay with the $25 plan. However, was told very shortly all grandfathered $25 plans will be terminated and forced to $35. If that is true not sure Optimus Elite is the best for me.

One might ask....how many did you actually buy?

yesidonoitall said:   An eBay seller has them for the same price $59.99 , I have bought some from him when they were $10 less a month ago...

His wording about multiple buys...

"Brand New LG Optimus Elite for Virgin Mobile
FOR INDIVIDUAL USE ONLY! NOT FOR RESALE!

Virgin Mobile limits the amount of phones a customer can purchase. These phones are not for resale and are for individual use only.
Any purchases violating Virgin Mobile terms and conditions will not be shipped."



He shipped....

lemonhead said:   One might ask....how many did you actually buy?

yesidonoitall said:   An eBay seller has them for the same price $59.99 , I have bought some from him when they were $10 less a month ago...

His wording about multiple buys...

"Brand New LG Optimus Elite for Virgin Mobile
FOR INDIVIDUAL USE ONLY! NOT FOR RESALE!

Virgin Mobile limits the amount of phones a customer can purchase. These phones are not for resale and are for individual use only.
Any purchases violating Virgin Mobile terms and conditions will not be shipped."



He shipped....





I bought none due to the $69.99 price

j5ive said:   Why hasn't anyone mentioned FatWallet Cash Back through the Virgin Mobile site?
FW CB = $12.50 on phones $50-$149.99

$69.99 - $12.50 = $57.49

If you are willing to wait for the phone to come in the mail and Cash Back to arrive in your account, then FW + VM site wins. Or am I missing something?

Regardless, I'm happy to finally upgrade my grandfathered Optimus V. Thanks, OP.


I bought using Cash in my account, which I had re-filled with discounted cards (25% to 30% off), so the actual price can be around $40 after that and FatWallet Cash Back.

j5ive said:   Why hasn't anyone mentioned FatWallet Cash Back through the Virgin Mobile site?
FW CB = $12.50 on phones $50-$149.99

$69.99 - $12.50 = $57.49

If you are willing to wait for the phone to come in the mail and Cash Back to arrive in your account, then FW + VM site wins. Or am I missing something?

Regardless, I'm happy to finally upgrade my grandfathered Optimus V. Thanks, OP.


Yes, you are missing that Fatwallet can take your CashBack anytime they want. I bought a phone through them last November and they took my CashBack away. They are investigating now my case but they say it will take 60 days.

Seems like a good deal, but perhaps not good enough to risk my grandfathered $25 VM plan for, since it seems fairly clear that it's not on the list of qualifying phones.

Does anyone happen know if this phone can be used on Kajeet? Normally you have to have a Sprint-branded phone for their BYOD program, but Sprint charges $250 for the Optimus Elite, and Kajeet charges $195. I'm guessing the answer is that you have to take a throwaway Sprint phone and somehow transfer its EIN to the VM phone (and perhaps use an unlock code as well), but I wonder if anyone can confirm/correct/explain. Thanks...

dchicago said:   Seems like a good deal, but perhaps not good enough to risk my grandfathered $25 VM plan for, since it seems fairly clear that it's not on the list of qualifying phones.


I won't discuss your second question, but for this - I have the $25 plan on the Optimus Elite, I haven't seen a single report of anyone losing the $25 plan after upgrading to the Optimus Elite. Reports are that if you are going to lose the $25 plan by upgrading your phone, you'll have an option to back out - they'll ask you to change your plan when attempting to add the phone to your account.

Great deal, bought one!

dchicago said:   Seems like a good deal, but perhaps not good enough to risk my grandfathered $25 VM plan for, since it seems fairly clear that it's not on the list of qualifying phones.

just wanted to confirm i have an elite on the grandfathered plan, switched over right around xmas time via the website and everything went fine! still $25 a month.

For the price, I couldn't recommend this phone. Especially when HTC Evo 4 can be had for $99. This phone is outdated junk. For $40 more, you can actually use the 4G you're paying for and have a nice, full featured phone with good screen and decent camera.

**edit** - I guess if you're getting it to work with the grandfathered plan, it's not all that bad. My comment was based on paying $35/m.

ProppaT said:   For the price, I couldn't recommend this phone. Especially when HTC Evo 4 can be had for $99. This phone is outdated junk. For $40 more, you can actually use the 4G you're paying for and have a nice, full featured phone with good screen and decent camera.

**edit** - I guess if you're getting it to work with the grandfathered plan, it's not all that bad. My comment was based on paying $35/m.


Exactly. As has been pointed out already, this is only a Hot deal for those existing customers on the $25/mo plan no longer offered by VM. For everyone else, it's Smokin... Dry ice.

For those folks complaining about bad battery life, there is an easy solution....just buy a spare battery (or more) on eBay. I did this for my Galaxy S2 and the generic spares work great! I found a seller that sells great quality batteries for a good price, free shipping, and stands behind their product so if you get a bad battery, they replace it for free. PM me if you want to know the seller. (It's not me, I have never sold anything on eBay) While you're at it, pick up a wall charger too, so you can charge the spare battery or your factory battery while taking your phone with you.

Sonofspam said:   For those folks complaining about bad battery life, there is an easy solution....just buy a spare battery (or more) on eBay. I did this for my Galaxy S2 and the generic spares work great! I found a seller that sells great quality batteries for a good price, free shipping, and stands behind their product so if you get a bad battery, they replace it for free. PM me if you want to know the seller. (It's not me, I have never sold anything on eBay) While you're at it, pick up a wall charger too, so you can charge the spare battery or your factory battery while taking your phone with you.


How do you charge the battery if it is not in the phone?

yesidonoitall said:   Sonofspam said:   For those folks complaining about bad battery life, there is an easy solution....just buy a spare battery (or more) on eBay. I did this for my Galaxy S2 and the generic spares work great! I found a seller that sells great quality batteries for a good price, free shipping, and stands behind their product so if you get a bad battery, they replace it for free. PM me if you want to know the seller. (It's not me, I have never sold anything on eBay) While you're at it, pick up a wall charger too, so you can charge the spare battery or your factory battery while taking your phone with you.


How do you charge the battery if it is not in the phone?
Did you read what I wrote? I mentioned to get a wall charger too.

Sonofspam said:   yesidonoitall said:   Sonofspam said:   For those folks complaining about bad battery life, there is an easy solution....just buy a spare battery (or more) on eBay. I did this for my Galaxy S2 and the generic spares work great! I found a seller that sells great quality batteries for a good price, free shipping, and stands behind their product so if you get a bad battery, they replace it for free. PM me if you want to know the seller. (It's not me, I have never sold anything on eBay) While you're at it, pick up a wall charger too, so you can charge the spare battery or your factory battery while taking your phone with you.


How do you charge the battery if it is not in the phone?
Did you read what I wrote? I mentioned to get a wall charger too.




Did I read it, yes I did....

This is what you wrote....
While you're at it, pick up a wall charger too, so you can charge the spare battery or your factory battery while taking your phone with you.

If you take the phone with you, how can you charge the spare battery?
It charges while in the phone.

Get the HTC ONE...Only problem is availabity..Radio Shack has the HTC EVO 4 listed in their ad for 99.00 but they have Never had any in stock in the state of Florida for 30days...Great Sale huh..??? Advertising items not readily available for sale......

dmicohen said:   Get the HTC ONE...Only problem is availabity..Radio Shack has the HTC EVO 4 listed in their ad for 99.00 but they have Never had any in stock in the state of Florida for 30days...Great Sale huh..??? Advertising items not readily available for sale......


Is it available online for delivery?

IT is currently 104.00.... FYI....online....

"Out of stock in warehouse"...District managers are unable to order....(been out for 6weeks)

weinerdog said:   Even if the only the battery life is improved it's worth it.

Cant expect battery from smartphones. I have stopped expecting decent battery backup from smartphones.

Thread Crappers only Leach off FW because they never offer anything but negativity. Thanks OP! FW used to be about taking care of each others wallet. Lately other sites have been beating us...I always say if you knew or don't like the deal why didn't you post it first or offer an alternative besides crapping?


Reverb (85.04kB)
Disclaimer
http://www.virginmobileusa.com/ is currently having a 2 days sale on the Samsung Reverb for $99.99. The phone is 3G though.

Bhagwan said:   belgique said:   better buy on line as the stores they list as brick and mortar carry zero to two of Virgin Mobile phones and they mark them upto a high price...called Friday

They had 5 at my store in Kent WA, Picked one up. Now thy have 4 left. Thanks OP


Now we know who could replace Heidi Klum on Project Runway

NO in response to your Q... Texas warehouse been out, inventory shown online IS NOT accurate and reflects items being returned to manufacturer... dmicohen

mattao21 said:   JDubTrey said:   jschuman said:   Is this the "best" (However you rate it) VM phone to upgrade to and still stay on the $25 plan? I also have the aging Optimus V.

Pretty much.

Some will say that the best $25/month phone is a hacked Moto Triumph, but for some inexplicable reason, that phone never comes down in price even though it's an almost 2-year old re-branded Huawei.

The cheapest I have ever seen a new Triumph is $150. Every other VM phone but the new Victory, iphones and the S2 have been less than that.
Hacked? As in? [This post hammers in why I love fatwallet, VirginMobile.com's black friday deals, and good timing. Since VM.com's BF deals last all day, they're easy to get : I got my Triumph for $130 shipped in 2011. Then via FW "downgraded" to the $25 plan through the website.]

As for the OP, I bought one, great deal, thanks.


The triumph supposedly is only serviceable if you install a different ROM on it (I see good things about the "Sharp ROM"). It supposedly improves GPS, reception, removes bloatware and allows tethering to work.

Otherwise, the Elite is probably the better phone for the $25 plan....and like I said, the Triumph should be a lot cheaper than it is by now ($180).

Virgin says: "LG Optimus Elite. Pay Now for Next Month's Plan ($25.00 +tax due on 04/03/2013)"

Thanks knowit2!

ricrick said:   Virgin says: "LG Optimus Elite. Pay Now for Next Month's Plan ($25.00 +tax due on 04/03/2013)"

Thanks knowit2!



Can you be more explicit in what you are saying?

And what tax?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014