rated:
HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6" Laptop @ Staples - $274.99 after Coupon & Rebate
was $549.99
Free Shipping!

Coupons
70847 - $75 off

Rebates
$50 rebate

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6" Laptop
Thanks sparky34
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The extra $75 off is back, but most stores have limited supplies

http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BRnywVB7SHGCB8yxn-CY... (more)

yesidonoitall (May. 24, 2013 @ 4:16p) |

My local store has a couple but the rep was so clueless, kept mixing up the $50 mail-in rebate with the $93 instant reba... (more)

2cheap2eat (May. 27, 2013 @ 3:15p) |

All he had to do was scan the item, nothing needs to be done with a $93 instant (all applicable are auto printed)
As you ... (more)

yesidonoitall (May. 27, 2013 @ 6:58p) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

comes out to 296.xx after taxes

redearth said:   comes out to 296.xx after taxes

It might come as a surprise to you....but not everyone here lives in your state.

For the other 49 states, it comes out to $274.99 (+ possible taxes, + possible recycling fees).

Since those two variables....vary, it's fine to leave them out of the title.

296 for me also what a suprise

Might want to compare this to the Toshiba C855-S5350 for the same price using the $75 off coupon and $50 rebate Click hear for the Toshiba at Staples. The Intel B980 processor in the Toshiba is better, unless the AMD's radeon 7520G graphics gives the HP a boost - does anyone know?

Intel B980 vs AMD A6

sillar68 said:   Might want to compare this to the Toshiba C855-S5350 for the same price using the $75 off coupon and $50 rebate Click hear for the Toshiba at Staples. The Intel B980 processor in the Toshiba is better, unless the AMD's radeon 7520G graphics gives the HP a boost - does anyone know?

Intel B980 vs AMD A6

Pay little bit extra and get Intel Core i3 laptops. It will run circles around AMD A6-4400 processor. I got Toshiba Intel i3 laptop from Staples few weeks ago for $324.99.

No tax here in Oregun

Coupon for instore 16156 Exp 3/11

I wish the coupon was valid on the 17" laptop. I need a bigger screen

DONT BUY. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE GIVES THE RUN AROUND. SEE ALL COMPLAINTS ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE AND FILED WITH THE BBB

jay1291 said:   DONT BUY. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE GIVES THE RUN AROUND. SEE ALL COMPLAINTS ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE AND FILED WITH THE BBB

Where can I file a complaint on your keyboard ?

jay1291 said:   DONT BUY. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE GIVES THE RUN AROUND. SEE ALL COMPLAINTS ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE AND FILED WITH THE BBB

Did I not read the same on another Staples posting?

Who are you referring to, HP or Staples?

sillar68 said:   Might want to compare this to the Toshiba C855-S5350 for the same price using the $75 off coupon and $50 rebate Click hear for the Toshiba at Staples. The Intel B980 processor in the Toshiba is better, unless the AMD's radeon 7520G graphics gives the HP a boost - does anyone know?

Intel B980 vs AMD A6

Per passmark.com B980 rating=2167 A6-4400M = 1640 where higher is better. B980 is about 32% faster.

I'm typing from the same laptop I purchased at Staples about 3 weeks ago (for a really hot price - under $100 after rewards coupons/rebates/etc.)

Nice laptop once you get used to Windows 8. Fast boot time. Nice large hard drive, etc. etc. I'm very happy with this laptop.

jimmywalt said:   I'm typing from the same laptop I purchased at Staples about 3 weeks ago (for a really hot price - under $100 after rewards coupons/rebates/etc.)

Nice laptop once you get used to Windows 8. Fast boot time. Nice large hard drive, etc. etc. I'm very happy with this laptop.

I could have got it for zero out of pocket.....

Too bad 5400 RPM hard drive, pretty slow.

2cheap2eat said:   Too bad 5400 RPM hard drive, pretty slow.

Oh I do feel your pain, I just today tried to buy a Cheap Chevy and it did not have
the heated and cooled leather seats or the dual moon roof, so i told them to forget it...

I usually don't trust the people who write all caps.

I've owned a few HP laptops in the last few years and had no issues with customer service. My complaint with them is that in the past their laptops have tended to run really hot.

I'm typing on one now though, and it's not an issue.

You're telling him or her not to write ALL CAP next time?

HP personal computer product lines are not as good as used to be. Since the last HP laptop with GPU(graphic chip) issue, HP computer is not on my list at all. Their laser printers are still good, but not personal computers. I prefer Dell. My 2 cents.

Yeah, be careful. I have an HP laptop and you can't put it on your lap. Run VERY hot on the bottom. I have to sit in on a laptop fan device. I guess HP owns the laptop fan market too. In the future, I will always test the bottom of a laptop before I buy it.

CAPS or not, no big deal.

Interesting on HP laptop running hot. I think that was an issue awhile back. I bought a HP DV7-6163US in June of 2011, no heat issue. The fan can run noisy if doing too much. Once I was converting videos and all 4 cores on the CPU was running, while the fan was loud, it ran for 6 hours. I recently bought another HP G7-2243US. No heat issue on this one either.

However, just to note, my cousin bought a DV7 with quad core sometimes in 2010, and he had heat issue. He had to send his laptop back for service (motherboard replacement) at end of 2010.

OOS online.

HotandFree said:   You're telling him or her not to write ALL CAP next time?And telling YOU (or him or her) not to start a new account just to defend YOU (or him or her).

This laptop (in the thread) and the same one I'm typing on has the HP CoolSense and keeps it cool on my lap.

My old Dell had to have a fan cooling unit on my lap to keep the laptop cool.

This laptop is really good.

anyone know if I can use the coupon code in store since online is sold out?

The extra $75 off is back, but most stores have limited supplies

http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BRnywVB7SHGCB8yxn-CYSwUqtC/c...

My local store has a couple but the rep was so clueless, kept mixing up the $50 mail-in rebate with the $93 instant rebate. I finally gave up, not worth the hassle dealing with clueless people!

g6-2235us May 26
Disclaimer
2cheap2eat said:   My local store has a couple but the rep was so clueless, kept mixing up the $50 mail-in rebate with the $93 instant rebate. I finally gave up, not worth the hassle dealing with clueless people!

All he had to do was scan the item, nothing needs to be done with a $93 instant (all applicable are auto printed)
As you can see from my receipt dated Sunday the 26th, it rings
$429.88
it shows an instant rebate
then you can see the $75 extra off from the coupon

Then you have the SER to do (nothing to do with the store when you buy)

Now the ones bought up to Saturday were $30 less

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.