• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www22.verizon.com/home/MLP/OnlineBW1.html?

for all details. most markets, some markets may be diff. prices.

Verizon Wireless
See Verizon Wireless discounts that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Fios Triple Play
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

FiOS Triple Play
Thanks blueribb
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
those who are signing up for the deal (with $250 promo gift card), make sure you double check with the CSR after you sig... (more)

JuNooNi (Mar. 26, 2013 @ 11:13a) |

Luckily, I didn't have a problem getting my $300 gift card, about 2 months after I signed up in Dec. Agree though that i... (more)

Mitch (Mar. 26, 2013 @ 12:12p) |

deal is dead it seems.

amdmaxx (Mar. 28, 2013 @ 6:59a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

From the link - "$89.99 Plus taxes, fees, equip. charges & RSN fee with a 2-yr. contract."

MrWizzard said:   From the link - "$89.99 Plus taxes, fees, equip. charges & RSN fee with a 2-yr. contract."

no, only a contract if you choose the $250 Visa Card promo.

and of course plus taxes and fees, that's for all offers like this, goes without saying really.

I love the speed of FiOS internet and the outstanding picture quality but note that the price is plus STB/DVR rentals ($5-20ea with bundles available) and taxes and fees which can all add up fast. On the plus side I've found FiOS internet is faster than advertised and they are supposed to be introducing a 5 tuner DVR later this year. The one caveat is watch your bill because Verizon's accounting system is infamously buggy.

sholling said:   I love the speed of FiOS internet and the outstanding picture quality but note that the price is plus STB/DVR rentals ($5-20ea with bundles available) and taxes and fees which can all add up fast. On the plus side I've found FiOS internet is faster than advertised and they are supposed to be introducing a 5 tuner DVR later this year. The one caveat is watch your bill because Verizon's accounting system is infamously buggy.

by 5 tuner you mean you could record 5 different channels at once?

I signed up using similar offer last week. My total bill comes out to be $112 including tax though I didn't get the multi-room DVR and set top boxes. We don't watch live TV so just need one STB for our bedroom. I also added a World plan (500 minutes) which allows us to call relatives and friends in Asia and Europe. I was paying $65 omcast 15MB/sec package with no phone/TV. With this deal, I am paying an extra $47 which includes unlimited calling plus 500 international minutes and TV (on SD).

I jumped ship from Time Warner Cable. FiOS is different. No more fuzzy pictures. The internet speed is about the same, at least I can't tell the difference for my use. I got 2 year contract, but no gift card. It's a great deal. I've been getting offers from TWC to come back. Hellz no! I'll try to use them to leverage my extension when the contract is up. or briefly jump ship for a month or two.

I got $69.99 for double play last time around. You can opt out of STB if you have clear QAM tuner on your TV and if you opt for only local channels.

My tax was only about $1 for the FIOS Local. (They never charge tax for Internet service).

MISTERCHEAP said:   sholling said:   I love the speed of FiOS internet and the outstanding picture quality but note that the price is plus STB/DVR rentals ($5-20ea with bundles available) and taxes and fees which can all add up fast. On the plus side I've found FiOS internet is faster than advertised and they are supposed to be introducing a 5 tuner DVR later this year. The one caveat is watch your bill because Verizon's accounting system is infamously buggy.

I think he's referring to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHMCa9RvgSI

MISTERCHEAP said:   sholling said:   I love the speed of FiOS internet and the outstanding picture quality but note that the price is plus STB/DVR rentals ($5-20ea with bundles available) and taxes and fees which can all add up fast. On the plus side I've found FiOS internet is faster than advertised and they are supposed to be introducing a 5 tuner DVR later this year. The one caveat is watch your bill because Verizon's accounting system is infamously buggy.

Sorry 6 tuners - one for the main TV, one dedicated to DVRing shows plus 4 that can be used for DVRing or as tuners for other TVs and/or your tablet.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/07/verizon-and-motorola-announce-f...

This is a great deal and I love my FiOS service, but please be very careful when ordering as Verizon sales and customer service is not very customer friendly in my experience.

Anecdotal evidence. I ordered the triple play $500 visa offer from about 18 months ago. Or I thought I did. I placed order online, called a rep to reschedule the install date somewhere in this process my visa offer was dropped for a short term discount of less than half that value over 12 months. When I called back to inquire about the visa, I was told that I had elected the inferior plan and to suck it up.

When i asked "why on earth would I have chosen 200 dollars spread out over the contract instead of $500 front?" I was told that only I could answer that question for myself.

So check and double check before you lock in.

Does anyone have any advice for existing customers (out of contract) to get in on these? Cancel then re-order? Thanks

This is a good deal. Keep in mind that there will be a good $20/month in fees and taxes after you customize your package.

JetSetter said:   Does anyone have any advice for existing customers (out of contract) to get in on these? Cancel then re-order? Thanks

I have a Verizon FIOS store in the mall near me. They loaded me up with a bunch of deals and walked me through the process of getting me back into promo pricing. Basically I had to cancel and start up new service, but they handled most of the legwork and I was only down for a day or two. If you have a store nearby, see if they can do the same for you.

Mindtoy said:   JetSetter said:   Does anyone have any advice for existing customers (out of contract) to get in on these? Cancel then re-order? Thanks

I have a Verizon FIOS store in the mall near me. They loaded me up with a bunch of deals and walked me through the process of getting me back into promo pricing. Basically I had to cancel and start up new service, but they handled most of the legwork and I was only down for a day or two. If you have a store nearby, see if they can do the same for you.

I second this option. I know of a friend that walked into a store, was told he could get promotions, but just needed to change account name(he used his wife). Unfortunately, you still need to go thru the entire process for new accounts, like changing account #, new boxes, loss of service for a day etc. But it works! Just don't change your installation appt or you risk problems since the different depts that handle a new account are NEVER coordinated!!!

Just watch your bill and don't rip out any cabling from your old provider. You will be switching back since they'll raise your rates $30-50/month after your agreement and might not negotiate.

Also, if you can do a self-install eg, previous owner/tenant had FiOS, or you're signing up for a "new" account with your spouse", they offer $50-$100 credits on top of other offers, but you have to ask.

Anecdotally,

I haven't had any billing or other issues with FiOS in years. Not sure if that means I'm lucky or if they've gotten better. I have the Ultimate Package triple play with 35/35 internet, 2 cable cards, and HBO and my after taxes bill is $125/month. I also received a $500 gift card from the promotion when I signed up last summer.

Considering the other cable options have slower internet, don't have as good quality broadcast channels, restrict copy flags for using HTPCs, and generally make using cable cards difficult, it doesn't seem too bad.

My only complaint is I have their newest router, and the wireless is basically useless in my house.

Thanks for this deal! I would like to add this.....when you sign up, be sure to DEMAND they provide their 802.11 N router that puts out 300 MBPS wireless service, and a full gigabyte through the ethernet ports on back. The 802.11 G router is a dog. Enjoy!!

Happy customer here. Have been using FiOS triple-play now for about 12 months, the $200 card came within about a month (and they even supplied a tracking number and website to monitor progress of issuing the card). There were a few restrictions on the card, but was able to use the credit easily enough.

I upgraded the speeds to 25/25, the unlimited nationwide calling on the phone works very well (I use it for a home-office line), the battery unit on the Optical Network Termination (ONT) unit in the basement has had to kick in during too-frequent power outages in my area over the past year, and the phone service has been rock-solid. I was worried that faxing over the line would be a problem, but it works flawlessly.

As mentioned above the taxes are a given. My bill is also about $112/mo - we don't get any premium channels, and includes a small add'l fee for the speed upgrade. Now they are tempting me with even faster 50Mb download speed (another $10 or so per month, and I don't deem it worth the add'l expense as I'm very happy with the 25Mb speed).

As far as the DVR portion goes, they gave me their latest box (a Motorola QIP-7232-2), it has 500Gb capacity, and an eSATA port for expanding it if needed (although I haven't tried it, and it is limited to a certain narrow range of external eSATA drives).

For the wifi/router: I have not been pleased with the wifi portion of their router (an MI-424), it wasn't very strong and just not that reliable. I ended up bridging an Apple Airport Extreme 4g (bought used off of Craigslist) and it has been working flawlessly in a Windows 7 / iPad family. Even used it for getting signal to the spouse's MacMini (an old one) with a cheap TrendNet bridge.

Lastly to the media center / HTPC, I bought one of these: Actiontec ECB2200V-01 Verizon Coaxial Network Adapter (apparently Verizon built them for some time but no longer sell them, so I got one from fleabay), and it give awesome speed via the coax in front of the DVR connection. Simple as a plug-and-play, it solved a problem as far as how to get fast network connection to an isolated media room where the wireless video just was not doing the job.

Thanks for this deal!

those who are signing up for the deal (with $250 promo gift card), make sure you double check with the CSR after you signed up (DO NOT WAIT FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS) and get it in writing. VERIZON is most deceptive company (even bigger crook than Comcast). I recently signed up the FIOS deal (still in 30 days window) and just checked with CSR about this deal and they flatly denied the deal (even after providing them the URL and screenshot of every page of my order process). I will be canceling my service first thing tomorrow morning if they don't acknowledge the promotional gift card. I signed up using just on STB (not even DVR). My total comed out to be $89/ month plus tax. VERIZON promotional gift card is basically a scam. They will find a ways to deny this promotion so make sure you check with them (even after taking a screenshot of every page of your order).

JuNooNi said:   those who are signing up for the deal (with $250 promo gift card), make sure you double check with the CSR after you signed up (DO NOT WAIT FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS) and get it in writing. VERIZON is most deceptive company (even bigger crook than Comcast). I recently signed up the FIOS deal (still in 30 days window) and just checked with CSR about this deal and they flatly denied the deal (even after providing them the URL and screenshot of every page of my order process). I will be canceling my service first thing tomorrow morning if they don't acknowledge the promotional gift card. I signed up using just on STB (not even DVR). My total comed out to be $89/ month plus tax. VERIZON promotional gift card is basically a scam. They will find a ways to deny this promotion so make sure you check with them (even after taking a screenshot of every page of your order).

Luckily, I didn't have a problem getting my $300 gift card, about 2 months after I signed up in Dec. Agree though that if there is any kind of billing issue, it will be Verizon Hell for a couple of months at least before it gets straightened out. There are actually websites devoted to Verizon and their customer service issues.

deal is dead it seems.

MISTERCHEAP said:   http://www22.verizon.com/home/MLP/OnlineBW1.html?

for all details. most markets, some markets may be diff. prices.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.