Shazam this for Staples $5 off $25 coupon!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Shazam this for $5 off $25 Staples Coupon!
Was watching golf, Staples commercial came up, has a Shazam this for $5 off Staples coupon at bottom. I had show on Tivo, so was able to rewind. Used Shazam on my android phone on that part of commercial, got link for $5 off $25 Staples coupon, unique 16-digit, for in-store or on-line.

Limit 1 coupon per household. Not valid on desktop, laptop, tablets, LCD, netbooks, kindle, nook, ink, toner, usual disclaimer.
Valid through: 03/17/2013

Anyway, was able to reproduce it by closing my apps, restarted my browser apps AND restart Shazam and got 2nd unique coupon. Took me about 20 min to record audio of my TV on phone, change to MP3, put a picture and caption it, and uploaded to Youtube.

Hope it works for yall!

YOUTUBE LINK

Shazam it about 4 seconds into the video when the music starts.

FYI: Shazam is an app on android phone or iphone, usu available for free download on your smartphones from Play store or Apple itunes store, that can identify a song by playing a few seconds of the tune.

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Staples
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Finally dead

dvdjunkee (Apr. 01, 2013 @ 11:32a) |

Just now worked for me. Expiration date of 4/14. Then when I did it a second time I got the invalid link. Strange.

mathfaster (Apr. 01, 2013 @ 11:38a) |

when i tried this i was able to see the Staples coupon page but it didnt give me a code
instead all i got was "invalid li... (more)

taohan (Apr. 02, 2013 @ 7:34p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

just did it from the you tube link, worked like a dream in seconds. thanks OP

thanks, shazaam'd it

Thanks OP! Killing and restarting Shazam on an iphone did not result in a 2nd unique code. Anyone else get more than one unique code on an iphone?

69ragtop said:   Thanks OP! Killing and restarting Shazam on an iphone did not result in a 2nd unique code. Anyone else get more than one unique code on an iphone?

I also got same code on 2nd try on iphone.

Did you try restarting your broswer app AND shazam app? Had to do BOTH on android to get 2nd unique coupon.

I got second unique code by deleting shazam and reinstalling. Closing it and shazam twice results in same code. Hope this helps!

P.S. I have an iphone. Thank you OP!

Also could try using a different browser to open the link. I don't know what I did but was able to get 4 unique codes between 3 different browsers on my android after closing browser and shazam apps.

is there shazzam that works on XP PC?

very cool. Got one!

I got the $5 coupon, then clicked back and there is a larger image with $5 off $25 or more, Tap here for coupon. When I click on this I got a second code. Clicking on either again did not give a 3rd code.

This is working:

1.Set Firefox as Default.
2.Open Shazam
3.Listen to Youtube.
4. Retrieve your Coupon.
5. Print or Save Coupon

6.CLEAR PRIVATE DATA In Firefox
DO NOT CLOSE SHAZAM
7. Click on Shazam App - IT WILL REFRESH/RELOAD
8. Click on TAP HERE FOR COUPON

REPEAT STEPS 6-8

Awesome! If you clear your browser history you can get multiple codes. I did it 4 times!

I installed the app on a Win8 desktop and plugged in a microphone. After running the YouTube video and pressing the Shazam app button, the coupon page popped up and I selected the coupon square. I then pressed "print now" and dots ran across the top of the screen for 5 minutes but nothing printed. I tried it 2 more times and then a message said I exceeded the limits of the coupon

On Android just go to "Manage Apps" and do a Clear Data on Shazaam and on your Browser then relaunch Shazaam - do the quick setup and re listen....got 4 codes in 2 minutes this way!

Can you use multiple coupons on a purchase? Or is it limited to one/transaction?

Nice. Thanks OP!

coolbreeze said:   Can you use multiple coupons on a purchase? Or is it limited to one/transaction?

They are 16digit coupons. You should be able to use multiple coupons provided you meet the minimum. That is, two $25 items, will give you $5 off each. In the past, you would be able to combine them into a single item as long as each coupon made it's minimum required - ie one $50 item, will give you $10 off, but it's been a while for that, so YMMV.

FYI - It appears that you may not be able to use more than one of these coupons for your online orders under your Staples account.

I say this because I placed an order with a coupon - then, when trying to submit my next order with my next coupon I got a message saying it had already been used - it did this for 4 other unique codes I generated.

The workaround is to simply check out as guest - when I used one of those codes under guest, it seemed to work fine.

BenH said:   FYI - It appears that you may not be able to use more than one of these coupons for your online orders under your Staples account.

I say this because I placed an order with a coupon - then, when trying to submit my next order with my next coupon I got a message saying it had already been used - it did this for 4 other unique codes I generated.

The workaround is to simply check out as guest - when I used one of those codes under guest, it seemed to work fine.
Always been true of Staples coupons. You cannot use duplicates of the first five digits. To do so you have to use guest checkout as you discovered. Or clear your cookies for Staples. Believe that works as well.

NICE!!
3 codes with Andriod from youtube link

I don't think the clear cookies works - I think it is on their end since I am doing each one in a private browsing session no cookies should be around and yet it still denied me.

Thanks for the info though, never tried duplicates before.

mathfaster said:   BenH said:   FYI - It appears that you may not be able to use more than one of these coupons for your online orders under your Staples account.

Always been true of Staples coupons. You cannot use duplicates of the first five digits. To do so you have to use guest checkout as you discovered. Or clear your cookies for Staples. Believe that works as well.

I'm not sure why you would want multiple codes unless you give them to friends/family. Fine prints say Limit one coupon per household.

Motivator said:   I'm not sure why you would want multiple codes unless you give them to friends/family. Fine prints say Limit one coupon per household.
If multiple coupons happen to work on an online order, trust me nobody will care.

But I see your point. Depends on your morals and sympathy for a corporation I guess.

I know it's small potatoes, but this is one of my favorite FW deals in awhile.

FatBrewer said:   NICE!!
3 codes with Andriod from youtube link

Hi,
What is Shazam and how to get it to work? New to this. Also does it work on Adroid installed TP.

TIA

It looks like you can only use one coupon for online order. I tried to apply a 2nd coupon and got this error message:

Sorry, but an error has been made.
Please check the following field(s):
*Coupon code
Dollars-Off Coupon.
We're sorry, but you can only apply one dollars-off coupon to this order. Please check and try again.

There is an easier way to get as many coupons as you want.

Here are the steps to get a code:
1. Download and install Shazam in your smart phone.
2. Press the Shazam button to start listening...
3. On another device (laptop, ipad, etc), click youtube link in OP and play the video.
4. Shazam should show a coupon within 5-10 secs.
5. Press "Tap here for coupon" to see the code.
6. Record the code. Go back to the previous screen where it says "Tap here for coupon". Do not close Shazam if you want to get more codes quickly.

Here are the steps to easily get multiple codes w/out playing/listening to the video:
7. W/out closing Shazam, download and install Advanced Task Killer on your smart phone.
8. Open Advanced Task Killer and press "Kill selected apps". Make sure Shazam is one of the selected apps.
9. Open Shazam again.
10. Press "Tap here for coupon" to see the new code.
11. Record the new code. Go back to the previous screen where it says "Tap here for coupon".
12. Repeat step 7-10 for new unique codes.

Enjoy!!! The above steps work on my HTC incredible.

No way to simply do this on a computer?
My smart phone isn't with me right now.

thanks.

Hit the bar $5 off $25 for a second unique code. Shhh...shhh...shhh...ZAMM!!!!

nekamah7 said:   No way to simply do this on a computer?
My smart phone isn't with me right now.

You can run Shazam on a Windows 8 computer with a microphone installed and placed near your speakers. You'll see the "print coupon" box pop-up after a while but it wouldn't print for me. I tried it 3 times and then got an "over limit" box for coupon use.

The way I've found it to work in a simple manner not yet listed (with android) is to:
Go to "all apps screen"
Menu button -> Manage Apps -> select Shazam -> Force Close and Clear all Data -> re-open Shazam, follow prompts and get your codes.

So what deals are you getting at Staples for $25 before coupon?

what are you guys using this on? Seems to exclude most tech items like with all there coupons.

Staples has Windex foaming glass cleaner on sale for $1.49 each.
Kcups are $9.99 a box.

Lots of good stuff to buy for $25

I am only able to redeem one code. I tried a second order with a second(third) code and both came back saying the code had already been redeemed.
Could this be a one per account offer?

Milstream said:   I am only able to redeem one code. I tried a second order with a second(third) code and both came back saying the code had already been redeemed.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1261227/m17616118/#m17...

(red-faced)Oops...
Thanks!

mathfaster said:   Milstream said:   I am only able to redeem one code. I tried a second order with a second(third) code and both came back saying the code had already been redeemed.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1261227/m17616118/#m17...

Skipping 33 Messages...
when i tried this i was able to see the Staples coupon page but it didnt give me a code
instead all i got was "invalid link"
so if anyone can get the code and email it to me that would be great!
carl841@yahoo.com

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014