• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Pioneer 700W 5.1 Home Theater Receiver w/ 3d-Pass-Through and AirPlay @ Best Buy - $199.99
was $379.99
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Pioneer 700W 5.1 Home Theater Receiver w/ 3d-Pass-Through and AirPlay
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Too much scarcasm in this thread for me...

shank (Mar. 17, 2013 @ 3:22p) |

I have ever a bose one, for the price which is sky high I just wanted to know if they are worth it of just hype like Pe... (more)

yesidonoitall (Mar. 17, 2013 @ 3:32p) |

It wasn't sarcasm. I'm really very impressed whenever I go to anyone's house that own Bose audio equipment. I know they ... (more)

hashrock (Mar. 17, 2013 @ 4:21p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'd be tempted if I did not have my Yamaha already. While everyone is moving towards it, once networked it also has the ability to control the receiver with your iThingy, Android device, etc.....awesome for me since I hated using infrared repeaters.

Link is broken? Is the deal still on.

kanfatwallet said:   Link is broken? Is the deal still on.

Link worked for me just now...

Try their website and this
SKU: 4789445

Got 1, couldn't resist. Thanks OP.
fyi Amazon has the 1022 model for $248.88 but since I didn't need 7.2 channels (my living room is just 3.1) I opted for BestBuy's 822 model for $199.99+tax.

Great price - Lousy reviews. Huge reliability problems, especially the 1022K, but appearing throughout the model line. Check all your features carefully for failures while you're still in warranty. BTW, congrats if you got a good one. This is a nice set of features.

I've had the 1022K for over a year, no issues what so ever.

I think I'm jumping on this. I have a little over $200 in reward zone dollars i need to spend before the middle of the year and I've been wanting to start to build a new sound system.

I like the airplay feature, awesome

I went ahead and got one mostly because I had to spend my reward zone points on something. Hopefully it will be ready to pick up tonight and I may add their extended warranty depending on the price.

The 1022 has component input and up scaling over the 822. Since I have a regular wii, I would need this to do just one hdmi cable out to TV. With 822, I would need component out to TV in addition to hdmi.
Thinking of going 1022 for myself.

Remember airplay works for audio only not for video. I got it with Bose speakers from Costco for $799. It is good player.

akam25 said:   Remember airplay works for audio only not for video. I got it with Bose speakers from Costco for $799. It is good player.

You know how i know you appreciate really good audio equipment?

hashrock said:   akam25 said:   Remember airplay works for audio only not for video. I got it with Bose speakers from Costco for $799. It is good player.

Because he enjoys it while eating an Omaha steak?

I'm looking for an inexpensive receiver for my living room. Right now I'm only running right/left with a center channel, no surround. I'm only upgrading my current receiver because my old Onkyo doesn't have HDMI. I'll be hooking up cable, xbox, blu-ray.

What's my best bet at this price point ($200) or cheaper? I'm also considering the Yahama at Newegg for $179 http://www.fatwallet.com/Newegg-coupons/yamaha-rx-v373bl-5-1-cha...

Thanks for any advice.

The free shipping doesn't work. I've been on the phone with Best Buy for hours and they can't fix it. I'm going to pick one up and see how it works and if it's screwy I'm just going to take it back. The newer model comes out in a month so they are dumping these.

never trust the quality of a receiver that uses cheap stick letters instead of proper dot matrix display... this looks like a cheap receiver that is just pretending to be something more substantial

michaelk said:   I'm looking for an inexpensive receiver for my living room. Right now I'm only running right/left with a center channel, no surround. I'm only upgrading my current receiver because my old Onkyo doesn't have HDMI. I'll be hooking up cable, xbox, blu-ray.

Thanks for any advice.

What is the concern with the lack of HDMI? I have seen several references in the AVS forums showing no difference in image quality between HDMI and component video. I have an old Denon receiver, picked up at Circuit City (RIP) several years ago for well under $200 which refuses to die. I would spend the $200 on a couple of Polk speakers for surrounds, or perhaps a 12" subwoofer (if you do not already have one).

No HDMI? How can I watch video on this? lol

MitchFlorida said:   No HDMI? How can I watch video on this? lol

Easy - component video. Unlikely that anyone will notice a difference that cannot be resolved through tuning of settings. Only issue is copy protection, which is encoded in HDMI, not detected by component.

I don't think audio receivers or PC monitors need HDMI. Audio receiver just connect an optical sound cable and Monitor just needs a dvi cable.

hashrock said:   akam25 said:   Remember airplay works for audio only not for video. I got it with Bose speakers from Costco for $799. It is good player.

I don't remember anyone saying "hey Hashrock, you have ZERO expertise but what do you think of BOSE?" Or anything else for that matter. Got nothing to say? Say nothing.

Speaking of BOSE

Are they worth the price?

yesidonoitall said:   Speaking of BOSE

.shank said:   yesidonoitall said:   Speaking of BOSE

RE:

I have ever a bose one, for the price which is sky high I just wanted to know if they are worth it of just hype like Pennzoil used to make,
similar to

"since you must ask for it it must be good"
This was way back when the gas dealers were only allowed to have on display their brand, anything in the back room was ok.

peepsiemom said:   hashrock said:   akam25 said:   Remember airplay works for audio only not for video. I got it with Bose speakers from Costco for $799. It is good player.

I don't remember anyone saying "hey Hashrock, you have ZERO expertise but what do you think of BOSE?" Or anything else for that matter. Got nothing to say? Say nothing.

It wasn't sarcasm. I'm really very impressed whenever I go to anyone's house that own Bose audio equipment. I know they did a ton of research and bought the best bang for their buck. One day, maybe that will be me too. Until then, I'll waddle in relative obscurity with my Arcam receiver and B&W speakers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014