• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

SDSSDHP-128G-G25
Disclaimer
SanDisk Ultra Plus SDSSDHP-128G-G25 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) for Notebook $79.99 F/S

$20 off w/ promo code EMCYTZT3077, ends 3/11

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820171740

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

you do know it's not just for notebooks, right?

skh12 said:   you do know it's not just for notebooks, right?

Yes this will work in desktops with SATA connections, but generally when a SSD is labeled a notebook drive it means it is 7mm and not 9.5mm. My laptop will house a 9.5mm SSD just fine but many will only accept the slimmer 7mm drive.

How is this drive compared to Samsung 840 Pro 128GB or Plextor M5 Pro 128GB? Does this drive have advanced garbage collection?

dv8ed said:   How is this drive compared to Samsung 840 Pro 128GB or Plextor M5 Pro 128GB? Does this drive have advanced garbage collection?

Based on the specs, it looks almost like the Samsung 830. A solid drive, but it is last years drive.

I don't make up the descriptions, I just post them !

You could use it in desktops, but you void the warranty?

fatxman said:   skh12 said:   you do know it's not just for notebooks, right?

You could use it in desktops, but you void the warranty?

Excuse me, is there a question pending here or is this a statement with a question mark? I'm curious what the answer is.

Does matter what this is installed in , desktop or laptop etc (it wont void the warranty) ; the only reason this drive is *marked/labled as a laptop drive is due to the 7mm size and the 2mm bay spacer that comes with it .

Quote:
Includes Spacer for Notebook Installation
With its 7mm form factor, the SanDisk Ultra Plus Solid State Drive is thin enough to install into a variety of different notebooks. The SSD includes a 2mm spacer for compatibility with a range of drive bays.

Btw , its oos .

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014