• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Rakuten has a bunch of coupon codes for $20 off $50+ purchase for various categories:
Few examples of deals posted on SD:
AppleTV3 for $100-$20= $80
250gb xbox hdd for $51-$20 = $31
4000 xbox points + filler =$50ish- $20 = $30ish

Must be marketplace (3rd party) purchase, not directly sold by Buy.com

Categories:

Computers
use promo code GET20PC
Electronics
use promo code GET20CE
Software
use promo code GET20SOFTWARE
Office
use promo code GET20OFFICE
Home
use promo code GET20HOME
Apparel
use promo code GET20CLOTHES
Jewelry
use promo code GET20JEWELRY
Health
use promo code GET20HEALTH
Sports
use promo code GET20SPORTS

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping coupons that earn Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I received the SanDisk 64 GB microSDXC and it's legit from 3c_expert (retail packaging). Fast shipping all the way from ... (more)

hqh51 (Mar. 16, 2013 @ 12:18a) |

Just a warning, I too ordered something using this coupon. I got it in the mail and all was well. Then 2 weeks (today) l... (more)

markbyte (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 3:16p) |

You're not alone. There are recent reports of fraudulent credit card charges after recent Rakuten purchases...
http://sl... (more)

Ranchhouse (May. 10, 2013 @ 3:13p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

haha, funny name for Buy.com

Where can you enter coupon code?

Apple wants $29.00 for their Lighting to 30-pin Adapter: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-...

You can get the genuine Apple adapter at Buy.com for $24.95: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/apple-lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-1-...

So, that's $5.00 less than from Apple. I needed two, so without the coupon it was a total of $10 less. And, then with a filler and the coupon, for two (2) it comes out to a total of $30 less than what I would pay from Apple.

Thanks OP!

my600080 said:   Where can you enter coupon code?

It's stupid, but it's all the way at the end after you put in your credit card info. On the last review screen.

The Coupon Code only works when you use Debit/ Credit Card. It doesn't work with Paypal

Worked with Paypal for me...

Great deal especially that it works with many of their 3rd party sellers.

Edited to admit: the fine print on the main offer does admit that the coupon is only for purchases through Marketplace sellers, which explains why the promo code box often doesn't show up.

But boo, hiss: the lowest price marketplace sellers described their WD2003FYYS in the fine print as OEM product carrying only a 3 year warranty instead of the 5 year warranty on the main Rakuten product page. This is darn near a bait and switch.

Which code would be used for the 4000 points example? I can't get it to work, but maybe I'm adding the wrong filler?

SpectreGadget said:   Which code would be used for the 4000 points example? I can't get it to work, but maybe I'm adding the wrong filler? The suggested filler on SD was this: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/q/loc/101/220206965.html

The code would be the "electronics" one: GET20CE

how stupid idea to leave the so easy to remember 'buy' name.

rsuaver said:   how stupid idea to leave the so easy to remember 'buy' name. Well, I think their goal is to be in it for the long haul and hoping to become a household name. In Japan, they have 77 million users (out of a population of 127 million) so they're HUGE.

Also, I'm sure they'll keep the Buy.com domain so I don't see it really affecting them negatively. Anyone who refuses to learn the new name and keep typing Buy.com will still end up there.

Yuyak said:   The suggested filler on SD was this: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/q/loc/101/220206965.html
The code would be the "electronics" one: GET20CE

Thanks for the link. I had put in the 4000 point card from Video Games, instead of one from Electronics. Silly, but $20 off a $50 card is worth it.

Not hot. Nothing that is a decent price works with the coupon and wasted lots of my time. Red for Rakuten.

fatxman said:   Not hot. Nothing that is a decent price works with the coupon and wasted lots of my time. Red for Rakuten.

They have literally tons of items. To say they have "nothing that is a decent price" that works with the coupon is a blanket, incorrect statement. Maybe you looked up a number of items that you are looking for that in your opinion aren't worth it. That's fine, but that's not to say other items that are for other people fit in the same category.

Some of their prices are very, very competitive even with Amazon, some are not. To have a coupon that offers as much as 40% off an item or item(s) on top of that is pretty hot if you ask me.

Good deal - thanks OP!
Saved $10 over the big A on a pair of Honeywell Water Alarms to put under my hot water heaters (after the $20 off $50).
Uncomfortable to wait till the last checkout page before finding out if the code would work for this purchase, but all is well.

this work on phones? cant use paypal on phones?

Just picked up 64GB MicroSD for $35

any SSD deals??

Why did they change their name? It will always be posted as "Rakuten (formerly Buy.com)"...forever.

Disclaimer
I do not have a Promo Code box.

Yeah, something is wrong here:

Items: $52.21
Shipping & Handling: FREE
Tax: $0.00
Discount -$2.97
Order Total: $49.24

I just read on other sites that it has to be a marketplace purchase, ie 3rd party seller, not sold directly by Rakuten.com.

Promo box only shows up if you buy from market seller. For items sold by Buy.com it doesn't show up.

code no longer works for xbox 4k point card. Added two and promo box disapeared.

Yuyak said:   I just read on other sites that it has to be a marketplace purchase, ie 3rd party seller, not sold directly by Rakuten.com.

Thanks a lot. That worked. I got a 64gb SD card for $35 shipped!

markbyte said:   I do not have a Promo Code box.

ONCE you log in it will be at checkout under the order summary part. Has to be from a market seller...

Buy.com was on my list of favorite websites until they've cancelled my credit card with them with no explanation. Since then I did not spend a penny there and not going to.

I wonder what marketing genius decided to change 'Buy.com' to Rakuten???

GET20PC works for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 refurb bringing it down to $260 shipped. Not a bad price for it.

ibanez16 said:   code no longer works for xbox 4k point card. Added two and promo box disapeared. Sort of... the cheap one ($47 + $3 shipping) from TigerDirect sold out a little bit ago. I think you're adding the one from Buy.com ($49ish) which you will not get the promo code box because it's directly through them. If you pick one of the other sellers you will get the promo code box, but this shipping charge is higher on those so it's not quite as good of a deal anymore.

ChiefBrody said:   I wonder what marketing genius decided to change 'Buy.com' to Rakuten???

Rakuten sounds like Raccoon to me. Those Japanese need to learn languages.

shunja said:   Buy.com was on my list of favorite websites until they've cancelled my credit card with them with no explanation. Since then I did not spend a penny there and not going to.

I haven't shopped there since the rebate screw up about 5 years ago where people lost around $40. I actually got a class action suit email over that about 2 years ago but haven't heard anything since. If I just didn't just buy an Asus TF300T for $269, I'd be tempted to get the Samsung Tab.

I used to regularly check Buy.com against Amazon or Newegg or even Best Buy and I think once they had a deal there worth buying. I've pretty much written them off.

I don't get the name change either. I understand Rakuten is their "real" name (it has been peppered around the site for a while), but Americans know Buy.com and Buy.com makes sense for a site that sells a bunch of stuff. "Rakuten" kind of sounds like a site where my credit card may need to be cancelled afterward because I start seeing fraudulent charges after using it there.

I'm wary enough using third-party sellers on Amazon. I usually close the window immediately when I see it at Buy.com.

ChiefBrody said:   shunja said:   Buy.com was on my list of favorite websites until they've cancelled my credit card with them with no explanation. Since then I did not spend a penny there and not going to.

I haven't shopped there since the rebate screw up about 5 years ago where people lost around $40. I actually got a class action suit email over that about 2 years ago but haven't heard anything since. If I just didn't just buy an Asus TF300T for $269, I'd be tempted to get the Samsung Tab.

Same with me. I haven't bought anything from them after they really screwed up on a few MIRs and refused to do anything about it. Hopefully new ownership changes things.

VicVinegar said:   I used to regularly check Buy.com against Amazon or Newegg or even Best Buy and I think once they had a deal there worth buying. I've pretty much written them off.

I don't get the name change either. I understand Rakuten is their "real" name (it has been peppered around the site for a while), but Americans know Buy.com and Buy.com makes sense for a site that sells a bunch of stuff. "Rakuten" kind of sounds like a site where my credit card may need to be cancelled afterward because I start seeing fraudulent charges after using it there.

I'm wary enough using third-party sellers on Amazon. I usually close the window immediately when I see it at Buy.com.
I don't think you're alone in writing off Buy.com after bad experiences with them and not finding them competitive enough. Maybe that's why they changed the name - to try to distance itself with all that negative image?

ChiefBrody said:   shunja said:   Buy.com was on my list of favorite websites until they've cancelled my credit card with them with no explanation. Since then I did not spend a penny there and not going to.

I haven't shopped there since the rebate screw up about 5 years ago where people lost around $40. I actually got a class action suit email over that about 2 years ago but haven't heard anything since. .

same here.. Got burned on the connect3D rebate. (my most expensive SD card) There's a thread on deal discussion on it...

Just got a Western Digital Scorpio Black 500GB WD5000BPKT that I've been eyeballing for a month for 45.96 shipped! THANKS !!!!!!!!!!

shunja said:   ChiefBrody said:   I wonder what marketing genius decided to change 'Buy.com' to Rakuten???

Rakuten sounds like Raccoon to me. Those Japanese need to learn languages.

Actually it's Japanese for optimism :

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rakuten

nitesbane said:   They have literally tons of items. To say they have "nothing that is a decent price" that works with the coupon is a blanket, incorrect statement. Maybe you looked up a number of items that you are looking for that in your opinion aren't worth it. That's fine, but that's not to say other items that are for other people fit in the same category.

Some of their prices are very, very competitive even with Amazon, some are not. To have a coupon that offers as much as 40% off an item or item(s) on top of that is pretty hot if you ask me.

You're absolutely correct. It depends on what you're trying to buy. I'm guessing he was trying to buy the same stuff I was... because there were absolutely NO decent deals on USB flash drives-- AFTER 40% off, they were only pennies better than buying even one at a time from AMZN with FSSS, and still were more than Adorama at 3+ price (also with free shipping).

There's not much else I need at the moment... but in true FW fashion, I won't let that stop me... please offer up some suggestions for smoking deals.

Skipping 22 Messages...
You're not alone. There are recent reports of fraudulent credit card charges after recent Rakuten purchases...
http://slickdeals.net/f/6018544-Rakuten-Buy-com-Fraudulent-Use-of-Credit-Card-Info-within-Company?p=59354954

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014