• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

reward
Disclaimer
Get 500 Reward Zone® points on one transaction over $10.
Offer expires: 03/23/2013

Offer available online and in store.

Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com.

Link (Requires Reward Zone login)


Basically spend $10 and get $10 off a future purchase of $10 or more.

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

reward zone
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
just got in wait to last hour

tinkakat (Mar. 23, 2013 @ 9:58p) |

Bought the above on 3/20 PM. Purchase showed up in my RZ account a short while ago; account now shows 510 points pendin... (more)

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Mar. 24, 2013 @ 11:27p) |

500 points cleared a couple days ago. Got paid $10 to convert $40 in RZ certificates to AMZ GCs.

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Apr. 06, 2013 @ 9:49a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The link takes me to the login page but then a blank page that just says Best Buy Reward Zone. Maybe this is targeted?

Click on picture and read fine print, no go

I don't see how this is expired. Seems like as long as you have been active on their FB app then it is active until the 23rd. What am I missing?

Seemed to work OK for me:

You Voted, We Listened
We have a winner: Get 500 Reward Zone® points on one transaction over $10.
Offer expires: 03/23/2013

Shop all of your favorite products ranging from cameras, TVs and appliances and get 5001 bonus points on one transaction over $10.

Don't forget to try out the new Reward Zone Facebook App and vote on three new Members Choice offers on 3/24/13.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.


Screenshot
Disclaimer
You have to go to the facebook app page Here and click on the "Get Offer" button.

I sent them a message asking for clarification, because clicking the "Get Offer" button redirects one to the BB website, and it isn't obvious how/whether the offer applies (no coupon, no confirmation statement).

For those who don't shop at Best Buy much, keep in mind that there is an "annual points expiration." It says I had 19 points before they expired.

If I buy something for $10 and pay with their rewards will I still get the 500 Reward Zone points?

I don't think if you would pay with rewards or purchase a gift card that would work? It always shows as zero points in my history but...
This offer's fine print was lacking.

MrVietnam said:   If I buy something for $10 and pay with their rewards will I still get the 500 Reward Zone points?

The following items are considered non-qualifying purchases for which points will not be awarded: purchases/rentals at rent-to-own locations inside Best Buy stores, instant rebates and the value of mail-in rebates on purchases, Pre-orders at the time of deposit (the points will be awarded at the time of final payment or at the time you pick up the product), purchases made for resale, purchases paid with a reward certificate or Best Buy Gift Card, or Magnolia Gift Card, Miele appliances bought in AZ, CA, or NV, sales tax, jurisdictional fees, service charges, certain Best Buy for Business or commercial purchases, recycling fees, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions. Best Buy entities such as Best Buy Express and Geek Squad® participate in awarding points in a more limited way (see each of those entities for details; Geek Squad services purchased in store are awarded points; Geek Squad services purchased in home are not).

I am wondering if this excludes GCs like the Amazon Kindle GC?

yoregano said:   I sent them a message asking for clarification, because clicking the "Get Offer" button redirects one to the BB website, and it isn't obvious how/whether the offer applies (no coupon, no confirmation statement).
I received a response, and the offer is automatically applied to one's RZ account as long as one interacts with the FB app. A qualifying purchase will result in the points posting to one's account within 20 days, as is normal per regular purchases.

Now the question is: what are some good deals on which to take advantage of this offer?

Thanks yoregano for the info.

slader said:   MrVietnam said:   If I buy something for $10 and pay with their rewards will I still get the 500 Reward Zone points?

The following items are considered non-qualifying purchases for which points will not be awarded: purchases/rentals at rent-to-own locations inside Best Buy stores, instant rebates and the value of mail-in rebates on purchases, Pre-orders at the time of deposit (the points will be awarded at the time of final payment or at the time you pick up the product), purchases made for resale, purchases paid with a reward certificate or Best Buy Gift Card, or Magnolia Gift Card, Miele appliances bought in AZ, CA, or NV, sales tax, jurisdictional fees, service charges, certain Best Buy for Business or commercial purchases, recycling fees, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions. Best Buy entities such as Best Buy Express and Geek Squad® participate in awarding points in a more limited way (see each of those entities for details; Geek Squad services purchased in store are awarded points; Geek Squad services purchased in home are not).


Are they trying to say we can't resell the product if we get the points? Illegal?

nice! thanks OP.

Also, from what I read elsewhere, you can make purchases with your rewards points IFF the total remaining balance is greater than $10. So if you use a $5 reward certificate and you buy a $10 item, you will not qualify. However, if use that same $5 reward certificate and you buy a $15 item (pay the remaining balance with cash/creditcard/etc), you will qualify.

How about paying with a gift card? Using a $10 gift card to pay $15 item, will that qualify?

Yuyak said:   nice! thanks OP.

Also, from what I read elsewhere, you can make purchases with your rewards points IFF the total remaining balance is greater than $10. So if you use a $5 reward certificate and you buy a $10 item, you will not qualify. However, if use that same $5 reward certificate and you buy a $15 item (pay the remaining balance with cash/creditcard/etc), you will qualify.

cohcoh said:   How about paying with a gift card? Using a $10 gift card to pay $15 item, will that qualify?

Yuyak said:   nice! thanks OP.

Also, from what I read elsewhere, you can make purchases with your rewards points IFF the total remaining balance is greater than $10. So if you use a $5 reward certificate and you buy a $10 item, you will not qualify. However, if use that same $5 reward certificate and you buy a $15 item (pay the remaining balance with cash/creditcard/etc), you will qualify.
From what I can tell, there's some confusion on both using and buying giftcards as part of this promo. A few people on the "other" site have been in contact with BB reps and it sounds like they've gotten conflicting information (1) purchases of BB gift cards do/don't qualify (2) using giftcards do/don't count towards the $10 purchase.

Sorry that's not a definitive answer, but it sounds like it's not clear to the BB reps either.

What does "interact" with Facebook mean? I have my BS Facebook account just for these types of things, but I don't exactly know anything about "interacting" with Facebook on behalf of BB.

Likely if you took part in the poll?

VicVinegar said:   What does "interact" with Facebook mean? I have my BS Facebook account just for these types of things, but I don't exactly know anything about "interacting" with Facebook on behalf of BB.
This offer came from BB’s Reward Zone page on Face Book. Among various offers they post including occasional polls in which one can respond to and earn RZ points, they post offers like this one where on can vote for amongst three offers, and the one that gets the most votes is then chosen and offered to the participants.

You must have a FB account, “like” the RZ page, and actively vote/participate to be eligible for the offer.

UPDATE: BB has clarified that the offer is open, as long as one interacts with some aspect of the FB app prior to purchase.

yoregano said:   VicVinegar said:   What does "interact" with Facebook mean? I have my BS Facebook account just for these types of things, but I don't exactly know anything about "interacting" with Facebook on behalf of BB.
This offer came from BB’s Reward Zone page on Face Book. Among various offers they post including occasional polls in which one can respond to and earn RZ points, they post offers like this one where on can vote for amongst three offers, and the one that gets the most votes is then chosen and offered to the participants.

You must have a FB account, “like” the RZ page, and actively have voted/participated to be eligible for the offer. If you haven't already done these things, you are ineligible for this offer. To be eligible for future offers, do these actions.

To be honest, I'm not sure that's accurate. I see your earlier comment saying that that's the response you got from contacting them. But on their page it says, "Members who interact with this app by March 23 get 500 points on one qualifying transaction over $10. Online & in-store." That to me sounds like it's not too late to "interact" with it. That said, it seems like there's a fair amount of confusion on BB's part too so who knows.

If I were one of the people who didn't vote for the poll before it closed, I would take a screenshot of the page where it says "interact with this app by March 23", go vote for today's daily poll and do a few more things, and just go buy something >$10.

Message deleted. Clarification from BB confirms the deal.

Deleted due to clarification from BB.

looks like this deal doean't apply to most ppl. Only those who voted before the poll ended can earn 500pts.

yoregano said:   Technically, it actually isn’t a Hot Deal since it isn’t available to anyone/everyone at this point who didn’t already interact with the FB app.There are many Hot Deals posted that have a limited audience*. Maybe Hot Deals should be renamed Hot [only if you qualify] Deals.

* Fry's, MicroCenter, Menard's, etc, etc.

yoregano said:   They should have worded that statement better. March 23 is the expiration date for making a purchase to earn the 500 bonus points. There is no way to interact now, because this offer is closed, and the next Member's Choice offer will become active on March 24.

I'd say your going to have a hassle on your hands trying to get BB to credit you if you didn't already interact with the offer in order to be eligible. Whether or not this is worth it to you is your call.
Are you sure about that? It doesn't mention that anywhere in the terms of the offer or the website. The terms say "Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com" and the facebook page just says you have to interact by 3/23. Aside from the response you got from one rep, I don't see anywhere saying that you HAD TO HAVE voted in the poll.

Given that people are getting conflicting responses about the uses/purchases of gift cards as part of this offer, I don't have a lot of confidence in any individual BB reps ability to accurately describe this offer, so unless it says somewhere on their offer page or terms of offer as such, I think it's more likely that this offer is still open to everyone.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   yoregano said:   Technically, it actually isn’t a Hot Deal since it isn’t available to anyone/everyone at this point who didn’t already interact with the FB app.There are many Hot Deals posted that have a limited audience*. Maybe Hot Deals should be renamed Hot [only if you qualify] Deals.

* Fry's, MicroCenter, Menard's, etc, etc.

Well, that's not the same thing. Whether or not a particular store happens to be located near you is one thing, but this BB deal isn't a deal because at this point, not everyone can do it. It's not that it's located far away, it effectively just doesn't exist (for those who did not already get it).

You could trek to somewhere where those regional stores are located if you really wanted to.

Deleted. Clarification from BB. Deal is valid as long as one interacts with FB app.

yoregano said:   Yuyak said:   yoregano said:   They should have worded that statement better. March 23 is the expiration date for making a purchase to earn the 500 bonus points. There is no way to interact now, because this offer is closed, and the next Member's Choice offer will become active on March 24.

I'd say your going to have a hassle on your hands trying to get BB to credit you if you didn't already interact with the offer in order to be eligible. Whether or not this is worth it to you is your call.
Are you sure about that?...

Do you understand how the Member's Choice poll works? The poll in which one would interact to get this offer is currently closed—there is no way to interact. Here is the point you are missing:

Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook...

By saying, "have interacted," that is showing past tense. Now that the poll is closed, the date range of 3/13 - 3/23 is indicating the timeframe in which to REDEEM the offer—presuming one has already qualified for it—not a way in which to OBTAIN the offer.

The poll to interact with was open for several days, and did post a closing date.
I understand the concept of past tense, but I read that to mean you have to do something on the BB rewards FB page BEFORE making the purchase. And note, it says you have to interact with the Reward Zone App - nowhere does it say you had to have interacted with the members choice offer. At least on the other site, people seem to be interpreting the same way I am. So unless you can show me where it says that you had to have voted in the members choie poll, I still would lean towards saying this is STILL open to everyone.

Well Yuyak, as I think it through, you have a point. The way it was set up, it suggested that the Member's Choice vote is what made one eligible, but I can see where you're coming from, so I contacted them again for further clarification. Let's see what happens.

Just got a response, and a rep has said that any interaction will do. One must actually vote or make choices in the ultimate room, etc. Merely clicking on the RZ page will not suffice.

Sorry about all the bouncing back and forth with this thread. And thanks everyone who helped us figure out what's going on with the deal. You all are awesome.

yoregano said:   Well Yuyak, as I think it through, you have a point. The way it was set up, it suggested that the Member's Choice vote is what made one eligible, but I can see where you're coming from, so I contacted them again for further clarification. Let's see what happens.

Just got a response, and a rep has said that any interaction will do. One must actually vote or make choices in the ultimate room, etc. Merely clicking on the RZ page will not suffice.
It's a great promo, but I think all the unclear and inconsistent word usage by BB is making this REALLY confusing. I did vote for the members choice thing so I should be ok, but I don't want other people to miss out unnecessarily... but with caution.

Hopefully a few people who didn't vote will try it and report back on what happens before this deal ends in 1.5wks.

yoregano said:   yoregano said:   I sent them a message asking for clarification, because clicking the "Get Offer" button redirects one to the BB website, and it isn't obvious how/whether the offer applies (no coupon, no confirmation statement).
I received a response, and the offer is automatically applied to one's RZ account as long as one interacts with the FB app. A qualifying purchase will result in the points posting to one's account within 20 days, as is normal per regular purchases.

Now the question is: what are some good deals on which to take advantage of this offer?


I bought a DVD for $15, will leave wrapped until points are credited or get refund.

BB sells the Square credit card reader for $9.99

Link

When you activate the device, Square (which is owned by Sbux) will deposit $10 into your account, which you can ACH to your checking account.
Just add a candy as filler to put it over $10.


BB changed the terms on the app to say "excludes gift card purchases." But doesn't say anything about gift cards in the longer fine print on their myrewardzone page.


bonus points
Disclaimer
Bought a $25 Amazon gift card and I see the 500 points pending in my account.

Guess it doesn't exclude Amazon

gd78 said:   Bought a $25 Amazon gift card and I see the 500 points pending in my account.

Guess it doesn't exclude Amazon


I wish I had known that the Amazon GC would work. Oh well.

gd78 said:   

Guess it doesn't exclude Amazon


You bought a child ?

My Best Buy store doesn't even sell Amazon gift cards.

Skipping 14 Messages...
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I was hoping to buy 2 x $25 AMZ GCs and use 2 x $20 RZ certificates and qualify for 500 FB bonus points.Bought the above on 3/20 PM. Purchase showed up in my RZ account a short while ago; account now shows 510 points pending (10 for purchase + Facebook Member Choice 500 Bonus). 500 points cleared a couple days ago. Got paid $10 to convert $40 in RZ certificates to AMZ GCs.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014