Monroe Shock Rebate Money Maker at AMZN

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Rebate promo runs 03/01 through 04/30. There are several rebate combinations that range from $30-$120 back. The best deal I found was for qty 4 Sensa-trac struts, which qualifies you for a $90 rebate. If you do a search on AMZN for Sensa-trac strut, then sort by price, you'll see that there are several options in the $15-20/ea price range. At $20/ea, that's $80 (plus tax for most), FSSS shipping, and then apply for your $90 rebate. I've done this every season (Tenneco usually does a Monroe rebate and a Rancho rebate 2x/year) for the last couple of years, and rebates come promptly and without issue. Hopefully that's the case this time around as well. Rancho deal last year netted me about $300 profit after rebate and hawking parts on eBay... this time around, they've put a invoice price requirements that make it less lucrative. However, the Monroe rebate has no such invoice price requirements... so if you can find closeouts or whatever for less than $22.50 each, you're in money maker territory.

Rebate form here-- http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/automotive/detail-pag...

Search page you may want to start with (or not)-- http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?bbn=15684181&keywords=monroe+s...

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Monroe Shocks
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I would like more info as well. The last time I tried to get them to price match I was told it had to be a local retail... (more)

NJDPDO (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 7:56p) |

AVA (Advance Auto) online prices will match RA (Rock Auto) online price. You need to call the Advance 1-800 number to pl... (more)

tnbk (Mar. 21, 2013 @ 1:37p) |

Wow, that is pretty cool. Plus, I'd think you'd also gain the ability to return items to a local AAP store (which I've d... (more)

chrispitude (Mar. 21, 2013 @ 2:40p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hope they got stuff to fit my old vehicles! so are the sensomatics the BETTER shock?

Amazon doesn't have them for my car but Rockauto does which is about 1/2 the price of pepboys. you can get the $60 rebate with a combo of 2 struts and 2 shocks.

For Rockauto.com, Use MMAR3113 in the "How Did You Hear About Us" field for a 5% discount.

Just received my AMZN order using Prime. Deal works out for me as follows--

Qty 4 Sensa-Trac struts $75.xx - $90 rebate - 1% CC - whatever I can get for the struts on CL or eBay... so, at least $14.xx MM (and that's if I can't peddle them to someone). Last year, the deal was better because the AMZN clearance prices were much lower.

labboypro said:   Just received my AMZN order using Prime. Deal works out for me as follows--

Qty 4 Sensa-Trac struts $75.xx - $90 rebate - 1% CC - whatever I can get for the struts on CL or eBay... so, at least $14.xx MM (and that's if I can't peddle them to someone). Last year, the deal was better because the AMZN clearance prices were much lower.

my struts 4 cars, cost $40+ each? what car are they so cheap on? i mean rear shocks are 18-20 but fronts are double that!

lexx said:   my struts 4 cars, cost $40+ each? what car are they so cheap on? i mean rear shocks are 18-20 but fronts are double that!

I provided you a link and details in the OP. If you're trying to buy specific shocks/struts for a specific car, you pay what you pay. However, I posted this as a strictly money maker deal... which means, I don't care what they fit, so long as they are dirt cheap and they qualify me for the rebate. In my case, I think I bought 2 struts for early Honda Civic and 2 for Volvo 760. They were just the cheapest I could find on AMZN.

So in thre fine print and rules under item 6) " The Monroe Spring Ride Control Consumer Offer may not be combined with any other discount offer or rebate."

I was thinking of using Advance Auto to get two quickstrut assembly for my sons honda civic at $157.00 and use the 40$ off of any purchase of $110 or more code getting the price down to $117.99 plus tax doing it twice on two separate orders and then try and apply for the rebate

What do you think my chances of getting the rebate here if Advance already discounted them $40 a piece?

charliebeagledog said:   So in thre fine print and rules under item 6) " The Monroe Spring Ride Control Consumer Offer may not be combined with any other discount offer or rebate."

I was thinking of using Advance Auto to get two quickstrut assembly for my sons honda civic at $157.00 and use the 40$ off of any purchase of $110 or more code getting the price down to $117.99 plus tax doing it twice on two separate orders and then try and apply for the rebate

What do you think my chances of getting the rebate here if Advance already discounted them $40 a piece?

Rebates are not always guaranteed, but I don't think you'd have any issues with it. You could always call the rebate center and ask, but IMO, that's just asking to get shot down. If, for some reason, the rebate gets kicked back, you can argue that any "coupon" line item on the receipt was actually a "store credit" or something along those lines.

/2 cents

misinformation, my bad

inficio1 said:   I ordered (4) 37075 shocks from RockAuto for a total of $41.15. They were the cheapest I could find for claiming the rebate, but I didn't look for long. I searched RockAuto incrementally using the model number and ran up through the 37xxx. Saw a few below $10/ea. I didn't check any of the other series at all.

4 of those shocks only give a rebate of $30

Thanks OP. Not in it to make money.. but got some for the wife's car ! score... $60 after rebate for all 4!

Fyi, I ordered mine from Rock Auto, as they were cheaper than Amazon... stupid Amazon tax in CA

I can't find any struts for less than $23.00, so not a moneymaker. The only items I'm seeing that are $19-$20 are shock absorbers, but 4 of those will only give a $30 rebate.

Hah, so they do. Should've known I was being too clever.

roy7736 said:   I can't find any struts for less than $23.00, so not a moneymaker. The only items I'm seeing that are $19-$20 are shock absorbers, but 4 of those will only give a $30 rebate.

From the search link in the OP...

http://www.amazon.com/Monroe-71795-Sensa-Trac-Struts-Cartridge/d... $18.97 each. There are others.

But only two left...you need four. Plus this one is not eligible for free shipping.

VirginiaDC said:   But only two left...you need four. Plus this one is not eligible for free shipping.

There were 4 a few minutes ago. Odd that it shows up in the search, since search parameter includes "Prime eligible." There were lots of choices when I posted. Hopefully FWers took advantage of the deal.

FYI...Advance Auto will match Rock Auto prices if anyone didn't know. I've done it several times. The tax is usually cheaper than the shipping.

monroe was one the rare rebates i didn't get from B1G1 promo a few years ago. Car shop wasn't helpful either

tnbk said:   FYI...Advance Auto will match Rock Auto prices if anyone didn't know. I've done it several times. The tax is usually cheaper than the shipping.

Interesting. Online or in-store orders?

I would like more info as well. The last time I tried to get them to price match I was told it had to be a local retailer. More details would be great. Thanks in advance tnbk.

NJDPDO said:   I would like more info as well. The last time I tried to get them to price match I was told it had to be a local retailer. More details would be great. Thanks in advance tnbk.

AVA (Advance Auto) online prices will match RA (Rock Auto) online price. You need to call the Advance 1-800 number to place you order so they can verify RA price. No further discounts will apply. So no $X off of an $X order or no X% off of a $X order. RA is usually cheaper than AVA even with their discounts. It's the shipping that makes buying from AVA w/ price match and paying tax more cost effective than to pay for shipping buying from RA.

tnbk said:   AVA (Advance Auto) online prices will match RA (Rock Auto) online price. You need to call the Advance 1-800 number to place you order so they can verify RA price. No further discounts will apply. So no $X off of an $X order or no X% off of a $X order. RA is usually cheaper than AVA even with their discounts. It's the shipping that makes buying from AVA w/ price match and paying tax more cost effective than to pay for shipping buying from RA.

Wow, that is pretty cool. Plus, I'd think you'd also gain the ability to return items to a local AAP store (which I've done in the past with AAP online orders).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014