• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Picture of the rifle!
Disclaimer
Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore - IN STOCK!!!!!!!

Colt M4 (AR-15) w/ all magpul furniture (Colt LE6920MP-FDE) - Flat Dark Earth Color only! - $1,599 + Free Shipping and No Tax!

For those of you looking for a fairly good deal on a top-tier AR-15 (all Mil-Spec rated parts or above - with exception of no full auto lol), this is the way to go.

This rifle was commonly priced at around $1,250 before the hysteria. These are selling for around $1,800 on gunbroker.com w/ shipping on top of it.

You can snag one now, while it's in stock for $1,599 w/ free shipping and NO TAX.

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/113259/c/firearms

For anyone who's wondering, this rifle is made from higher grade components than commercial manufactures such as Bushmaster, Stag, Olympic Arms, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, etc. The Colt 6920 is on par with Bravo Company, and actually exceeds LMT and Daniel Defense in certain areas. Noveske is one of the only manufactures that has a few higher grade parts than the 6920 in stock complete rifles.

The Colt 6920 series, especially the magpul version, is an excellent rifle that will treat you well, if you take care of it.

The Magpul Furniture includes MOE Handguards, Grip, Trigger Guard, Flip-Up Rear Sight, Collapsible Stock, Vertical Grip and 2 PMAGS. If you were to buy these magpul items separately, they would run approximately $150.

If you live in CA or MD, these rifles are NOT compliant - so don't waste your time.

You must have an FFL to have the rifle shipped to, so make sure you call around and find the cheapest transfer price. Mine is $25 + $5 background fee.

Member Summary
Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore - IN STOCK!!!!!!!

Colt M4 (AR-15) w/ all magpul furniture (Colt LE6920MP-FDE) - Flat Dark Earth Color only! - $1,599 + Free Shipping and No Tax!

[img]http://www.charliedeltatactical.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/e/le6920mp-fde.jpg/[img]
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Colt
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Green! Yes, this is a much higher price from what these rifles were selling for before the freedom haters went ballistic, but not a bad price for now.

I purchased one of these from a local dealer for $1199 plus tax and other charges making it $1300 out the door. With the current state of affairs in this country I don't believe that a $300 premium is unreasonable. I am thinking about buying another one of these from this deal. I wanted to give people who don't have one a couple of days to get one before I place my order because I don't know how many they have. If you want one, better make your move.

For anyone who's wondering, this rifle is made from higher grade components than commercial manufactures such as Bushmaster, Stag, Olympic Arms, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, etc. The Colt 6920 is on par with Bravo Company, and actually exceeds LMT and Daniel Defense in certain areas. Noveske is one of the only manufactures that has a few higher grade parts than the 6920 in stock complete rifles. Specifics please. I know people generally regard Noveske and Colt as top but why? Harder, more durable materials? More resistant finish? Tighter tolerances? Which tolerances etc? I hear these general claims about certain brand ARs all the time but never hear any specifics. Not meaning to attack you but I'd just like to know why the cost of a Colt can be justified over an RRA for example.

The Magpul Furniture includes MOE Handguards, Grip, Trigger Guard, Flip-Up Rear Sight, Collapsible Stock, Vertical Grip and 2 PMAGS. If you were to buy these magpul items separately, they would run approximately $150. <= And they'd all need to be replaced since they are not black. This is THE BLACK RIFLE, not the tan and black rifle. I'd expect more than a $50 MOE stock and a $30 handguard for $1700 rifle. Give me a Daniel Defense 7.0 Lite Rail at least. With a front flip up sight from someone like Troy etc. Again I just don't see this as a good deal for this price. Very run of the mill AR that says Colt on it.

My comments are in bold

Green for a good deal, would get in on it but I lucked into a new Noveske.

97snake said:   Green for a good deal, would get in on it but I lucked into a new Noveske.

Care to share?

DesertWarden said:   97snake said:   Green for a good deal, would get in on it but I lucked into a new Noveske.

Care to share?

PM'ed

Deals4mykids said:   For anyone who's wondering, this rifle is made from higher grade components than commercial manufactures such as Bushmaster, Stag, Olympic Arms, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, etc. The Colt 6920 is on par with Bravo Company, and actually exceeds LMT and Daniel Defense in certain areas. Noveske is one of the only manufactures that has a few higher grade parts than the 6920 in stock complete rifles. Specifics please. I know people generally regard Noveske and Colt as top but why? Harder, more durable materials? More resistant finish? Tighter tolerances? Which tolerances etc? I hear these general claims about certain brand ARs all the time but never hear any specifics. Not meaning to attack you but I'd just like to know why the cost of a Colt can be justified over an RRA for example.

The Magpul Furniture includes MOE Handguards, Grip, Trigger Guard, Flip-Up Rear Sight, Collapsible Stock, Vertical Grip and 2 PMAGS. If you were to buy these magpul items separately, they would run approximately $150. <= And they'd all need to be replaced since they are not black. This is THE BLACK RIFLE, not the tan and black rifle. I'd expect more than a $50 MOE stock and a $30 handguard for $1700 rifle. Give me a Daniel Defense 7.0 Lite Rail at least. With a front flip up sight from someone like Troy etc. Again I just don't see this as a good deal for this price. Very run of the mill AR that says Colt on it.

My comments are in bold

I would be certainly glad to assist you with this.

First of all, let me refer you to this particular guide which will help you considerably:

http://gunfacts.webs.com/M4Chart1.gif

Each individual part of the Colt 6920, as well as other top tier rifles, such as the Noveske, BCM, etc. use a MINIMUM of Milspec graded parts. These particular parts are either reinforced to withstand additional use, punishment, pressure, etc. In addition, higher quality parts are more reliable, produce more accurate groupings under identical scenarios, are able to effectively fire more and heavier types of ammunition (such as 70-78 grain 5.56 round), suffer from fewer failures, and ultimately are more rugged and durable.

That being said, certain rifles, such as the commercially made Bushmasters, RRA's, Olympic Arms, Stag, etc. are absolutely fine for going to the range, plinking, and even possibly using as a defensive measure.

However, when a life/death situation is in mind, one would like to minimize as much potential for failure, and maximize their advantage, no matter how small it may seem. This is why top tier rifles, which have such things as M4 Feed Ramps, a 1:7 twist, Pressure Tested Barrels, Reinforced Mil+ Steel, H-Buffers, etc.

Commercial grade rifles, vs top-tier rifles made from Milspec+ parts, means everything when it comes to running thousands of rounds through your rifle with the intent to protect yourself, or others. Specifically, in a SHTF or EOTWAWKI scenario, you want the absolutely most reliable and best parts possible. If you are a LEO or Military, you also want the highest grade parts available.

At the end of the day, the Colt 6920 platform is one of the cheapest ways to get a Top-Tier rifle from a top manufacturer.

I built mine from a Spike's Tactical lower and BCM upper..

I don't recall the Web page, but I remember seeing a video where they put a standard barrel and a heavy barrel through a full auto torture test.. At over 500 rounds the standard barrel started drooping and the barrel exploded.. The heavy barrel handled over 900 rounds until the gas tube ruptured rendering full or semi auto useless although you could still fire off single shots by charging the bolt..

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/m4-and-m4a1-guns/

I'm shocked people are even considering the Sig at Gander Mountain. The Sig is a COMMERCIAL rifle with the SIG name. There is nothing special about it, and considering the price, they are getting hacksawed compared to the LE6920.

This rifle is worth every penny of $1,599...and quite frankly, it will serve its owner VERY well.

Out of Stock again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014