• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://weeklyad.staples.com/Staples/BrowseByPage?storeid=2278456...

upcoming ad option

FREE AFTER REWARDS
100% back in Staples Rewards® when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell® AA or AAA batteriesUPCOMING DEAL
(4100 reviews)

A $13.99 value

Valid March 17 - March 23

100% back in Staples Rewards® when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell® AA or AAA batteries - AAA, 618854, A $13.99 value. While supplies last. Limit 2 per customer. In store only. Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping.

Item: 581672
Model: MN1500B16

Sixteen Pack of Duracell Alkaline Batteries - Power Your Life
•16/Pack
•7 year shelf life
•Provides the highest quality and dependability in the everyday devices you use the most

FREE A/EASY REBATE HAMMERMILL Paper Reams

FREE
after easy rebate, $6.99 - $6.99 easy rebate = FREE

Plus tax where applicable. Limit 2 rebates per household. In store only. While supplies last.

Item: 122408
Model: 105007

•20 lb.
•92 US / 104+ Euro Bright
•Moisture and curl resistant
•Excellent for long-term filing and important papers
•Acid free will not yellow or crumble over time
•99.99% Jam-Free guarantee

LIMIT 2

FREE
after easy rebate, Staples 8.5x11 Photo Paper

$14.99 - $14.99 easy rebate = FREE

Plus tax where applicable. Limit 2 rebates per household. In store only. While supplies last.

Item: 564121
Model: 19895-CC/US

For sparkling photos that resist fading.
•8 1/2" x 11"
•Double sided flat matte finish for detailed graphics, and sharp text
•Heavy 11 mil thickness for the look and feel of a true photograph
•230 gsm
•Photo lab-quality paper delivers sharp images and vibrant colors
•Tear and curl resistant

McAfee Int Sec 3 USER

FREE
after mail-in rebate
, $69.99 - $4.99 instant savings - $65 after mail-in rebate = FREE

Item: 959599

Limit 1 rebate per household. Plus tax where applicable

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

mcafee
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I went to my favorite Staples store earlier today and bought photo paper (1), Hammermill (Q=2), and five ream paper pack... (more)

FatRick (Mar. 24, 2013 @ 12:21a) |

Purchased the McAfee last week and already got my $20 Visa Prepaid card today!

BenH (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 6:00p) |

My battery purchase has posted to the rewards site. As in the past, the $0.75 manufacturer's coupons did not reduce my r... (more)

metsfan (Mar. 28, 2013 @ 12:58p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

what's this "double ink recycle on SAME BRAND ink". In the past the reps would not even look at carts. now are they going to look at each one and register the brand of ink recycled? sounds ridiculous!

nonameisgood said:   what's this "double ink recycle on SAME BRAND ink". In the past the reps would not even look at carts. now are they going to look at each one and register the brand of ink recycled? sounds ridiculous!

I wonder if it means purchase $50 of the same ink, for example $50 of HP or Cannon, NOT $25 of HP+$25 of Canon. It would be pretty restrictive if you have to purchase the same brand cartridge as the brand you are recycling, that would mean you would not be able to mix cartridges when recycling.

nonameisgood said:   what's this "double ink recycle on SAME BRAND ink". In the past the reps would not even look at carts. now are they going to look at each one and register the brand of ink recycled? sounds ridiculous!

I tend to doubt it at the store level unless they are given a strict directive to do so. I agree, that would be a PITA since many of us buy bulk carts off eBay that are not brands we have any use for to buy new name brank carts for.

Hi FW pals

Can I use my Staples reward with free after rebate items? I have $39 reward certificate to spend.

sukiyaki75 said:   Hi FW pals

Can I use my Staples reward with free after rebate items? I have $39 reward certificate to spend.

Yes. you can use rewards to buy FAR items.

You don't get rewards back if you buy FARewards items.

chanrenu said:   sukiyaki75 said:   Hi FW pals

Thank you so much!

Any idea how does this 5% Cash Back Rewards will work?
i buy Duracell Batteries next week do i get 100% + 5%?
If I buy an item with Rewards, do i get 5% before rewards price or after Rewards Price?

Good. I think this will finish off the rewards I've got.

I can't believe they have started up the free Duracells so early this year. I'm going to end up pushing the seven year shelf life, and I'm going to need to get a new closet.

WalterGuy said:   I can't believe they have started up the free Duracells so early this year. I'm going to end up pushing the seven year shelf life, and I'm going to need to get a new closet.Don't get too excited. Last year they had one week of Duracells in March. Then you did not see them again until October.

msakthivel said:   Any idea how does this 5% Cash Back Rewards will work?
If I buy an item with Rewards, do i get 5% before rewards price or after Rewards Price?
You get 100% not 105%. No double dip. You only get back in rewards what you pay OOP. So, if you pay for the batteries entirely with rewards you get 0% back.

msakthivel said:   Any idea how does this 5% Cash Back Rewards will work?

on 100% back rewards items you WILL NOT earn the 5% on top of that. 100% is it.

not sure I understand the other part of your question, however, let's say you earn $15 rewards bonus on a $25 case of ream paper promo. Chances are it will be in lieu of the 5% on the $25, but you might get both in a situation like that. time will tell.

also you will NOT earn rewards (5%) on anything paid fully with a rewards check or free coupon. 5% rewards will be reduced if paid in part by rewards check or coupons.

I hope the double ink recycling is for the full 20 cartridges as it has been in the past, not just limited to 5. Either way, I'll probably buy $50 anyway to cover me for 6 months of ink recycling.

Best weekly ad I've seen in the last several weeks.

Does Staples ever do this FARewards offer on the C or D cell batteries?

Noahbody123 said:   Does Staples ever do this FARewards offer on the C or D cell batteries?No.

Don't forget that today is the last day to recycle ink under the old program w/o having to purchase a minimum $30.

Dano

Just in time, ran out of AAA still have lot of AA. Thanks OP.

chanrenu said:   sukiyaki75 said:   Hi FW pals

Sorry, I am new to Staples Rewards as well.

So, if you use Staples Rewards to buy Free After Rewards items, then you don't get "new" rewards back?
But, if you use Staples Rewards to buy Free After Easy Rebates items, then you can get your money back through rebate?
Is it right?
Thanks!!!

jocelynwoh said:   chanrenu said:   sukiyaki75 said:   Hi FW pals

Sorry, I am new to Staples Rewards as well.

So, if you use Staples Rewards to buy Free After Rewards items, then you don't get "new" rewards back?
But, if you use Staples Rewards to buy Free After Easy Rebates items, then you can get your money back through rebate?
Is it right?
Thanks!!!
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/m1658254...

Does anyone have anything bad to say about the McAfee rebates (other than it is not an easy)? Otherwise, I'm gonna go for that one.

Can't wait until Tax Season is over so we can start getting more software FAR without purchase of dumb tax software!

BenH said:   Does anyone have anything bad to say about the McAfee rebates (other than it is not an easy)? Otherwise, I'm gonna go for that one.

Can't wait until Tax Season is over so we can start getting more software FAR without purchase of dumb tax software!
If you pre-register at McAfeeRebates.com and use FF or Chrome to print the form, the form has overlapping text. Use IE to print the form. Buy the small box with the subscription offer on the front for a possible $20 Visa rebate in addition to the software rebate. Be careful to buy the right product as the 1 PC and 3 PC look similar.

Check out this month's P&G Brandsaver coupon insert, which I believe was in most Sunday 3/10 newspapers. I think it had a $75. mfr. coupon for Duracell batteries. Manufacturer coupons can be used on Rewards purchases and will not reduce the Rewards earnings as long as the cashier correctly applies the coupon as such and not as a store discount or price adjustment. (Stubborn and/or ignorant personnel may tell you otherwise, but again, Rewards are not affected when coupons are correctly applied.)

mathfaster said:   BenH said:   Does anyone have anything bad to say about the McAfee rebates (other than it is not an easy)? Otherwise, I'm gonna go for that one.

If you pre-register at McAfeeRebates.com and use FF or Chrome to print the form, the form has overlapping text. Use IE to print the form. Buy the small box with the subscription offer on the front for a possible $20 Visa rebate in addition to the software rebate. Be careful to buy the right product as the 1 PC and 3 PC look similar.
And buy it in-store because the box you get if you order online does no have the $20 offer in it. McAfee rebates (at least from Staples) seem to be pretty reliable these days (just had my last one validated) and I certainly plan to buy this next week.

yoregano said:   Check out this month's P&G Brandsaver coupon insert, which I believe was in most Sunday 3/10 newspapers. I think it had a $75. mfr. coupon for Duracell batteries. Manufacturer coupons can be used on Rewards purchases and will not reduce the Rewards earnings as long as the cashier correctly applies the coupon as such and not as a store discount or price adjustment. (Stubborn and/or ignorant personnel may tell you otherwise, but again, Rewards are not affected when coupons are correctly applied.)

$75. mfr coupon? Did you mean $.75 as in cents?

Also - do you know how to verify on the receipt if they entered the coupon correctly so we can ask them to reprocess if not?

BenH said:   Does anyone have anything bad to say about the McAfee rebates (other than it is not an easy)? Otherwise, I'm gonna go for that one.

the only advice from recent experience is, they do sometimes invalidate a perfectly valid submission for "bogus" reason (ie, missing UPC or no receipt, etc). so be sure to stay on top of your submission that it shows valid. otherwise it will require a chat or email to get it fixed.

Fair enough - true of most rebates. With the exception of easy rebates I always expect that I will likely have to have a phone call and/or resubmit.

MISTERCHEAP said:   BenH said:   Does anyone have anything bad to say about the McAfee rebates (other than it is not an easy)? Otherwise, I'm gonna go for that one.

the only advice from recent experience is, they do sometimes invalidate a perfectly valid submission for "bogus" reason (ie, missing UPC or no receipt, etc). so be sure to stay on top of your submission that it shows valid. otherwise it will require a chat or email to get it fixed.

BenH said:   Also - do you know how to verify on the receipt if they entered the coupon correctly so we can ask them to reprocess if not?It will show up as a manufacturers coupon on the receipt, either at the very end, or as a 5 digit Staples coupon if you're in a state that does not tax coupons. Make sure they do not do a price match (which I've never seen, but I guess it is possible).

I don't know why they want to make everything so confusing at these stores where the employees already seem so clueless. (Edit to be kinder after I reread what I typed: where they employees are probably overwhelmed with zillions of changes from upper management on a weekly basis)

I was in doing ink recycling yesterday and someone whom I assume was a manager rushed up from isles away while an employee was taking care of business to gleefully tell me that beginning on the 15th, I could recycle more carts than I could before. He didn't mention any other changes (having to buy ink, etc), but instead rushed over to tell me something I presume to be wrong. After he said that, I told him I was a Premiere member and could already recycle 20 at a time. He said with the new program taking effect on the 15th I would be able to recycle more. I have no idea what he was talking about and suspect he didn't know either. This was at Staples in Memphis/Germantown, TN.

This is the same store I reported in mid February was telling everyone 5% back on everything started on March 1st as they were checking out. It seems like they only get some of the details of upcoming changes right lol

In another thread I mentioned that the store manager from my local store told me both:

1) I could recycle without the ink purchases for 6 months after 3/15 because the 180 days was post/prior and basically we get grandfathered in for 6 months to elapse.
2) I could purchase the $30 in ink with rewards and it would be eligible to meet the ink qualifying purchase.

These were all asked as very pointed questions and responded to with not a "umm...I think" but with an air of authority.

Both those answers were totally countered by Premier support the other day.

jasonatq1520radiocom said:   I don't know why they want to make everything so confusing at these stores where the employees already seem so clueless. (Edit to be kinder after I reread what I typed: where they employees are probably overwhelmed with zillions of changes from upper management on a weekly basis)

I was in doing ink recycling yesterday and someone whom I assume was a manager rushed up from isles away while an employee was taking care of business to gleefully tell me that beginning on the 15th, I could recycle more carts than I could before. He didn't mention any other changes (having to buy ink, etc), but instead rushed over to tell me something I presume to be wrong. After he said that, I told him I was a Premiere member and could already recycle 20 at a time. He said with the new program taking effect on the 15th I would be able to recycle more. I have no idea what he was talking about and suspect he didn't know either. This was at Staples in Memphis/Germantown, TN.

This is the same store I reported in mid February was telling everyone 5% back on everything started on March 1st as they were checking out. It seems like they only get some of the details of upcoming changes right lol

BenH said:   yoregano said:   Check out this month's P&G Brandsaver coupon insert, which I believe was in most Sunday 3/10 newspapers. I think it had a $75. mfr. coupon for Duracell batteries. Manufacturer coupons can be used on Rewards purchases and will not reduce the Rewards earnings as long as the cashier correctly applies the coupon as such and not as a store discount or price adjustment. (Stubborn and/or ignorant personnel may tell you otherwise, but again, Rewards are not affected when coupons are correctly applied.)

$75. mfr coupon? Did you mean $.75 as in cents?

Also - do you know how to verify on the receipt if they entered the coupon correctly so we can ask them to reprocess if not?

Sorry, lost the decimal there. Yes, 75 cents.

As Bill said, yes, mfr. coupons should say as much on the receipt. If the cashier looks confused and/or calls the mgr. over for help, that is a warning sign that there may be ignorance on the correct procedure. They should just be able to scan the thing just like most any other retail store, but it depends on the store/personnel.

Thank you

Go for it it's great

WalterGuy said:   I can't believe they have started up the free Duracells so early this year. I'm going to end up pushing the seven year shelf life, and I'm going to need to get a new closet.
Anyway, I'm still in anticipation of it.

billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   BenH said:   Does anyone have anything bad to say about the McAfee rebates (other than it is not an easy)? Otherwise, I'm gonna go for that one.

And buy it in-store because the box you get if you order online does no have the $20 offer in it. McAfee rebates (at least from Staples) seem to be pretty reliable these days (just had my last one validated) and I certainly plan to buy this next week.

So you can still do another McAfee rebate even though you've already done one last month? Doesn't McAfee have one rebate (per year) rule?

niniss said:   So you can still do another McAfee rebate even though you've already done one last month? Doesn't McAfee have one rebate (per year) rule?It's not clear that they are enforcing that at the moment, and certainly not for Staples purchases. Obviously YMMV.

BenH said:   In another thread I mentioned that the store manager from my local store told me both:

1) I could recycle without the ink purchases for 6 months after 3/15 because the 180 days was post/prior and basically we get grandfathered in for 6 months to elapse.
2) I could purchase the $30 in ink with rewards and it would be eligible to meet the ink qualifying purchase.

These were all asked as very pointed questions and responded to with not a "umm...I think" but with an air of authority.

Both those answers were totally countered by Premier support the other day.

jasonatq1520radiocom said:   I don't know why they want to make everything so confusing at these stores where the employees already seem so clueless. (Edit to be kinder after I reread what I typed: where they employees are probably overwhelmed with zillions of changes from upper management on a weekly basis)

I recycled ink cartridges today and asked the clerk... who asked some other guy... who asked the manager.... and basically they have no idea what the deal is. They had some kind of "training" but apparently there were a lot of "holes" in what they were told, according to the clerk. I don't think anybody really knows. They all have their own opinion, but there really hasn't been any guidance given on what is going to happen next month. Heck, one of the clerks told me that I had 6 months after I recycle ink cartridges to buy the ink, LOL (which is exactly backwards).

Visiting the Staples Rewards site, I can see the new Rewards program in now in effect. So it looks like everyone now (Premier or not) will receive free shipping on all Staples.com orders of any amount. It looks like the only benefits of being Premier now are as follows:

1. A dedicated customer service line
2. Double the time you can redeem your Rewards
3. Double the limit of ink cartridges you can recycle (at $2 each)

Looks like this week will be a good week to redeem my remaining Rewards from last month.

Skipping 116 Messages...
My battery purchase has posted to the rewards site. As in the past, the $0.75 manufacturer's coupons did not reduce my reward amount. Got the full $22.98 ($13.99 * 2 - $5 shazam coupon).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014