• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
kirku said:   VipYip started a new post for the 5 pack case paper $0.01 after coupon and rewards. The $4.98 coupon doesn't prorate to other things you buy, just the paper.
They will when it hits Rewards most likely.

I got a check in coupon today, spend $25 and get a free windex multi surface cleaner. But the store doesn't carry it. I bring a regular windex up front to see if they may accept substitute to a regular windex. But cashier said no, they can't override it. And cashier never heard Staples app. As she didn't have a smartphone.

kirku said:   VipYip started a new post for the 5 pack case paper $0.01 after coupon and rewards. The $4.98 coupon doesn't prorate to other things you buy, just the paper.

Also, anyone else notice that the managers at Staples seem to rotate a lot? Seems like one week, it's one set of managers, then the next week, totally different people?
This is not true...at least not for VivYip's and my experience. I highly recommend you do any rewards items using special coupons like this on separate transactions by themselves. You and others should read VivYip's response to your post in that thread as well as my response to hers.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1262769/m17635058/#m17635058

I did the $20 'always on' promo with my purchase of McAfee Total Protection 2013 in Feb...gift card came in record time.
Is that promo one per household, or can I do it again if I purchase this week's Internet Security 2013?

5 per household is what I believe the terms state.

BeanTech said:   I did the $20 'always on' promo with my purchase of McAfee Total Protection 2013 in Feb...gift card came in record time.
Is that promo one per household, or can I do it again if I purchase this week's Internet Security 2013?

kirku said:   Also, anyone else notice that the managers at Staples seem to rotate a lot? Seems like one week, it's one set of managers, then the next week, totally different people?

Almost always have one of two managers I know in my usual store. Seen a third a couple times, but I would imagine it is when one of the two normal ones is on vacation / sick.

Thx all, I didnt realize on the back side the rewards prorate differently. I had read a couple of comments about how the coupon hit the receipt and I thought I was being helpful explaining how items hit the receipt.

Super late to the party today but got solicited for some 10% ink card when I bought my ink for the double. I am premier, is this an addl 10% on top of that? Worth buying?

jd2010 said:   Super late to the party today but got solicited for some 10% ink card when I bought my ink for the double. I am premier, is this an addl 10% on top of that? Worth buying?

The pass costs $15, so if you buy $150 in ink between now and 5/31/14, you would break even. If you will buy more than that, then it's possibly worth it.

So the pass is for a 10% bonus on top of the standard 5%, for a total of 15% on ink?

csdx said:   So the pass is for a 10% bonus on top of the standard 5%, for a total of 15% on ink?No, the pass is a 10% discount on the retail price of the ink. The net after that will earn 5%.

csdx said:   So the pass is for a 10% bonus on top of the standard 5%, for a total of 15% on ink?

The 5% is in rewards. The 10% is an instant discount. So for example, if ink normally cost $50, you'd normally get $2.50 in rewards. With the pass, you'd get 10% off instantly, so it would cost $45, but then you'd only get $2.25 (5% of $45) in rewards.

It also impacts what you have to buy to get the double recycling then, so if your combo of inks you use to get >50 is like 55-56 bucks, this could be a decent idea.

Ok so it sounds like the loss of rewards slightly devalues it but the break-even math is pretty close anyways

metsfan said:   JuNooNi said:   Just a quick question (or confirmation), this McAfee rebate is different from the one that was on during the week of 3/7/13. Actually I think products are different too. Last time it was McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2013, this time it is McAfee Internet Security 3PC 2013. Correct?

Yep!

Does anyone know if you did the earlier McAfee rebate of the same product ($54 Mail in Rebate on McAfee Internet Security 3User 2013 (SKUs 959599, 957358, 982947) at Staples) back in early Dec, 12, would be eligible for this rebate as well?

Will you still receive the full McAfee rebate if the purchase is made with rewards?

tellyawhut said:   Will you still receive the full McAfee rebate if the purchase is made with rewards? You should as the rewards program is separate from the rebate offer, which is direct from the manufacturer. The rewards is strictly Staples.

JuNooNi said:   Does anyone know if you did the earlier McAfee rebate of the same product ($54 Mail in Rebate on McAfee Internet Security 3User 2013 (SKUs 959599, 957358, 982947) at Staples) back in early Dec, 12, would be eligible for this rebate as well?It should work unless they start restricting you to one purchase per item per year, which they have not been doing recently.

Bought the batteries and the cashier said that I'd receive an email about how to get the rewards. I haven't gotten any emails from them. I also checked my online Staples rewards account and it hasn't shown up there either. How exactly do you get the rewards?

misterspaghetti said:   Bought the batteries and the cashier said that I'd receive an email about how to get the rewards. I haven't gotten any emails from them. I also checked my online Staples rewards account and it hasn't shown up there either. How exactly do you get the rewards?

As long as you actually provided your rewards # it should post to your account online. It might take a week or so to show up, though the rewards will likely be posted to you account by the beginning of next month.

BenH said:   misterspaghetti said:   Bought the batteries and the cashier said that I'd receive an email about how to get the rewards. I haven't gotten any emails from them. I also checked my online Staples rewards account and it hasn't shown up there either. How exactly do you get the rewards?

As long as you actually provided your rewards # it should post to your account online. It might take a week or so to show up, though the rewards will likely be posted to you account by the beginning of next month.

Also, check your receipt. If it has your correct rewards number on it, you should be fine. It takes my account a handful of days before any purchases show. For instance, I purchase the batts on Monday the 19th, along with other items, and still no show on my account for the transaction.

Just another data point: I bought my FARewards batteries on Sunday, 3/17, and a separate transaction for the FAR items using my Staples Rewards certificates. Correct rewards number was noted on both receipts.

Nothing has shown up under purchase summary yet but it did show the certificates were already used. The purchase summary is stuck "updated as of 3/15" also...

wesleman said:   Just another data point: I bought my FARewards batteries on Sunday, 3/17, and a separate transaction for the FAR items using my Staples Rewards certificates. Correct rewards number was noted on both receipts.

Nothing has shown up under purchase summary yet but it did show the certificates were already used. The purchase summary is stuck "updated as of 3/15" also...
No longer stuck. Data for 15th has been added.

I don't know if this has been covered before, but here's my situation. I'm a premier member. I recycled 12 empties on March 12 before I knew about the double rewards for this week. Today I was at the store and asked the manager if I can recycle 8 empties, purchase at least $50 in ink, and get $32 back in rewards ($4 x 8). They weren't sure and didn't really want to read the fine print in the ad to see if it said you only get double rewards on 5 inks.

I did an online chat with Staples.com and at first they told me I'd get the $32 in rewards, but then said I'd only get $4/each on 5 empties and $2/each on the other three.

Does anyone know which is correct? Thanks.

koolhand said:
Then click on "Go" under Step 1, a new window/tab of your browser will popup (I'm using Firefox on a PC laptop, if that matters) to register or login. Go back to your (original) 1st browser window and click on the "Go" under Step 2. Initially, you cannot click on the "Go" under Step 2 because it is not highlighted. Now site should just ask you to enter the product-Key for the software and the reward code on the $20 card... You can close/ignore what is in window2/tab2 that just opened. No need to register, just enter your name/mailing address of where to send your $20 rebate card and you are done in less than 2 min.

Silly question here - where can I find the Product Key & Reward Code? Just bought the McAfee and the box is obviously sealed with exception of the flap that opens with the velcro. Would one of them be the 40-digits under the bar code (on a label)?

And finally, must I cut out the UPC that is embedded into the box to receive the $65 rebate? I intend to sell it so I prefer to keep the seals on. Thanks all!

krislai said:   koolhand said:
Then click on "Go" under Step 1, a new window/tab of your browser will popup (I'm using Firefox on a PC laptop, if that matters) to register or login. Go back to your (original) 1st browser window and click on the "Go" under Step 2. Initially, you cannot click on the "Go" under Step 2 because it is not highlighted. Now site should just ask you to enter the product-Key for the software and the reward code on the $20 card... You can close/ignore what is in window2/tab2 that just opened. No need to register, just enter your name/mailing address of where to send your $20 rebate card and you are done in less than 2 min.

Silly question here - where can I find the Product Key & Reward Code? Just bought the McAfee and the box is obviously sealed with exception of the flap that opens with the velcro. Would one of them be the 40-digits under the bar code (on a label)?

And finally, must I cut out the UPC that is embedded into the box to receive the $65 rebate? I intend to sell it so I prefer to keep the seals on. Thanks all!
You can choose to not open the box nor cut out the UPC for resale or you can open it, cut out the UPC, and get both rebates. Your choice.

mathfaster said:   krislai said:   And finally, must I cut out the UPC that is embedded into the box to receive the $65 rebate? I intend to sell it so I prefer to keep the seals on. Thanks all!You can choose to not open the box for resale or you can open it, cut out the UPC, and get both rebates. Your choice.If he doesn't cut out the UPC, he doesn't get the $65 rebate. You have to open the box to get the $20.

billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   krislai said:   And finally, must I cut out the UPC that is embedded into the box to receive the $65 rebate? I intend to sell it so I prefer to keep the seals on. Thanks all!You can choose to not open the box for resale or you can open it, cut out the UPC, and get both rebates. Your choice.If he doesn't cut out the UPC, he doesn't get the $65 rebate. You have to open the box to get the $20.Exactly my point. It was a silly question to start with and should have been obvious that you have to open the box to get both rebates and had to cut out the UPC. More concerned with a few lousy bucks from resale rather than the original rebate and subscription offer. Some would prefer to sell for less than the subscription offer by not opening the box and just cutting out the UPC. Whatever.

mathfaster said:   Exactly my point. It was a silly question to start with and should have been obvious that you have to open the box to get both rebates and had to cut out the UPC. More concerned with a few lousy bucks from resale rather than the original rebate and subscription offer. Some would prefer to sell for less than the subscription offer by not opening the box and just cutting out the UPC. Whatever.And the ironic part is there is nothing more than codes in the box. You can sell the "software" by simply emailing the buyer the Product Key.

P.S. Do I really need to purchase the software to get the rebates?

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   ...And the ironic part is there is nothing more than codes in the box. You can sell the "software" by simply emailing the buyer the Product Key.

Or can I buy the software, get the rebates, and then return the product?

ETA: If you have ever read some of the posts regarding McAfee rebate rejections you would also have discovered that they have rejected downloads for not having a UPC.

mathfaster said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   ...And the ironic part is there is nothing more than codes in the box. You can sell the "software" by simply emailing the buyer the Product Key.

Or can I buy the software, get the rebates, and then return the product?

Can you guys just give me your rebates?

someone doesn't know the re-sale value of McAfee

my4mainecoons said:   someone doesn't know the re-sale value of McAfeeYep. From looking at the completed listings on eBay for the IS 3 PC it is less on average (IF you can sell it) than the $20 Subscription offer in the box. And that does not include any eBay and/or PayPal fees or shipping charges. Lots of red never sold auctions as well. And the fees are going up 4/1 as well.

ETA: Lowest price in completed listings is $4.99 BIN with free shipping. Definitely less than $20 subscription offer for which you have to open the box in order to get the code(s). I wonder how many of these sellers who had subscription offers in the box sold the box unopened but just cut out the UPC not knowing about the $20 offer in the box? Have seen a few posts to that effect.

I went to my favorite Staples store earlier today and bought photo paper (1), Hammermill (Q=2), and five ream paper packs (Q=2). Photo paper was paid via Rewards cert.

Could have bought an additional pack of photo paper and two packs of batteries, but I have enough photo paper to last an eternity. Batteries? Still on a pack from Christmas 2012!

At least a favorite local charity has a need for the copy/printer paper.

Purchased the McAfee last week and already got my $20 Visa Prepaid card today!

My battery purchase has posted to the rewards site. As in the past, the $0.75 manufacturer's coupons did not reduce my reward amount. Got the full $22.98 ($13.99 * 2 - $5 shazam coupon).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014