• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
DanoMcGarret said:   Anybody call Staples Rewards this week? I've called 3 different times and the quality of the CSR was -100; wondering if part of their cost-cutting included canning the existing CSR's and bringing in new hires.

Dano
I called a Staples Rewards CSR today in regards to the double ink recycling promos (in Feb & Mar), and the issue was stil handled promptly and 100% to my satisfaction. The new hires didn't seem to effect the quality, at least for me.

Crap... I just recycled today. Seems like the $50 double deal is a good way to meet the $30 requirement.

unnamedone said:   Crap... I just recycled today. Seems like the $50 double deal is a good way to meet the $30 requirement.
I have HP empties so wouldn't be a big deal for me to spend $50 on HP and recycle 20 HP empties but I just got back from recycling.
Thanks in advance to you early adopters who are going to try this promo. I went with guaranteed $40 for the month, watch & wait approach.

mathfaster said:   Anyone want to start a stampede of inquiries to Rewards? Read the ad for the double ink reward. NOWHERE does it say you have to purchase ink and recycle in the store on the same day or buy ink online and recycle in the store within 7 days. IF you read the ad title, one should get $4 per cart for the next 180 days of recycling. I believe we know what they should have said based on past promos but the underlying description just describes the new program. Nothing really about the double promo.Got to love Staples and their lack of putting details where they should be placed. IN THE FINE PRINT at the bottom of pages 6&7 the usual about needing to buy and recycle in the store on the same day is detailed. Thanks to bpvh for pointing this out on that other forum.

I'm new to this, but I have about 20 empty cartridges and regular rewards linked to my Staples business credit card. What would I get if I brought the empties to Staples?

RBirns said:   I'm new to this, but I have about 20 empty cartridges and regular rewards linked to my Staples business credit card. What would I get if I brought the empties to Staples?Starting today, nothing, unless you buy >=$30 of ink first and then recycle. Then you would get $2x10 or $2x20 (if premier). If you did this yesterday you would have gotten $20 w/o buying ink.

mathfaster said:   RBirns said:   I'm new to this, but I have about 20 empty cartridges and regular rewards linked to my Staples business credit card. What would I get if I brought the empties to Staples?Starting today, nothing, unless you buy >=$30 of ink first and then recycle. Then you would get $2x10 or $2x20 (if premier). If you did this yesterday you would have gotten $20 w/o buying ink. Correct me if I am wrong but if he bought at least $30 in ink and/or toner over the previous 180 days he should get the rewards.

I have not bought any ink or toner at Staples in past 180 days.

ShakuniMama said:   mathfaster said:   RBirns said:   I'm new to this, but I have about 20 empty cartridges and regular rewards linked to my Staples business credit card. What would I get if I brought the empties to Staples?Starting today, nothing, unless you buy >=$30 of ink first and then recycle. Then you would get $2x10 or $2x20 (if premier). If you did this yesterday you would have gotten $20 w/o buying ink. Correct me if I am wrong but if he bought at least $30 in ink and/or toner over the previous 180 days he should get the rewards.Right now not clear because some Rewards CSRs say ink purchase must be on or after 3/15 and others have said ink purchases prior to 3/15 qualify ink recycling on or after 3/15. Will need to have someone recycle today or after w/o buying ink who bought ink within 180 days of when they recycle.

mathfaster said:   Right now not clear because some Rewards CSRs say ink purchase must be on or after 3/15 and others have said ink purchases prior to 3/15 qualify ink recycling on or after 3/15. Will need to have someone recycle today or after w/o buying ink who bought ink within 180 days of when they recycle.They're going to have to get their sh*t together and come up with a definitive answer. A call to the Staples Office of the President might be in order.

billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   Right now not clear because some Rewards CSRs say ink purchase must be on or after 3/15 and others have said ink purchases prior to 3/15 qualify ink recycling on or after 3/15. Will need to have someone recycle today or after w/o buying ink who bought ink within 180 days of when they recycle.They're going to have to get their sh*t together and come up with a definitive answer. A call to the Staples Office of the President might be in order.Someone on that other forum already did that and that did not clear things up at all. My experience lately with SOOP is no better than with the Rewards people. The programmer is god here and tests by people are better than anything either SOOP or Rewards can say.

mathfaster said:   Someone on that other forum already did that and that did not clear things up at all. My experience lately with SOOP is no better than with the Rewards people. The programmer is god here and tests by people are better than anything either SOOP or Rewards can say.Wow, the ability to set corporate policy by deciding how to implement a change to the Rewards program. I never had that much power when I was doing programming! Also, if that is truly how it's being implemented, there's no way of saying that it won't change when they finally figure out what's going on vs. how it was intended to work.

I guess this makes the case for detailed specs.

1chris1 said:   DanoMcGarret said:   Anybody call Staples Rewards this week? I've called 3 different times and the quality of the CSR was -100; wondering if part of their cost-cutting included canning the existing CSR's and bringing in new hires.

Dano
I called a Staples Rewards CSR today in regards to the double ink recycling promos (in Feb & Mar), and the issue was stil handled promptly and 100% to my satisfaction. The new hires didn't seem to effect the quality, at least for me.
My question targeted this week - twice I've gotten the offshore team and had never had that happen in the past and guessing they're in India or Pakistan - and the quality of the phone line and knowledge of the reps were terible.

Dano

billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   Someone on that other forum already did that and that did not clear things up at all. My experience lately with SOOP is no better than with the Rewards people. The programmer is god here and tests by people are better than anything either SOOP or Rewards can say.Wow, the ability to set corporate policy by deciding how to implement a change to the Rewards program. I never had that much power when I was doing programming! Also, if that is truly how it's being implemented, there's no way of saying that it won't change when they finally figure out what's going on vs. how it was intended to work.

I guess this makes the case for detailed specs.
You have seen Staples' Quality Assurance team. Or NOT. All I'm saying is that with the lack of a definitive FAQ for the CSRs this is what we are left with. What was programmed. And sure it can change if they did a lousy job of QA.

DanoMcGarret said:   I called a Staples Rewards CSR today in regards to the double ink recycling promos (in Feb & Mar), and the issue was stil handled promptly and 100% to my satisfaction. The new hires didn't seem to effect the quality, at least for me.My question targeted this week - twice I've gotten the offshore team and had never had that happen in the past and guessing they're in India or Pakistan - and the quality of the phone line and knowledge of the reps were terible.

Dano
It's interesting that people automatically assumes that these "offshore" CSR are in India or Pakistan.
In my experience I have spoken to CSRs in India, Canada & Mexico and some of them were bad and some good. So, I don't think that the quality depends on where they are but how well they are trained.

ShakuniMama said:   DanoMcGarret said:   I called a Staples Rewards CSR today in regards to the double ink recycling promos (in Feb & Mar), and the issue was stil handled promptly and 100% to my satisfaction. The new hires didn't seem to effect the quality, at least for me.My question targeted this week - twice I've gotten the offshore team and had never had that happen in the past and guessing they're in India or Pakistan - and the quality of the phone line and knowledge of the reps were terible.

Dano

It's interesting that people automatically assumes that these "offshore" CSR are in India or Pakistan.
In my experience I have spoken to CSRs in India, Canada & Mexico and some of them were bad and some good. So, I don't think that the quality depends on where they are but how well they are trained.I asked if they were in the US and they said no and "Robert" wasn't his real name; I guessed India or Pakistan based on the closesness to the accent of my East Indian and Pakistani friends. I've spoken to CSR's from many different countries and I agree they can be good or bad, regardless of the location. When the quality of the phone connection is bad it tells me the outsourcer chose to go the cheap route.

Dano

billrubin said:   IF they do this as a 2 week promotion (which of course we won't know for another week), then we could potentially have a double-dip situation at the start of April. I haven't recycled this month and I'm trying to decide whether I should go tonight, or take my chances on this deal next week. I probably have bought ink from Staples in the past 6 months, but not sure when. Worst case, that we find out that the previous purchases are not grandfathered, I guess I'm out $7.50 ($50 - $40 - $2.50) plus whatever I have to go over $50 on the ink purchase.Link which usually shows the full promotion period is showing that this will be a one week promo: http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/130317/24740/index_base....

Caution: Do not buy the half-cases of paper ($.01 after rewards with coupon) on the same receipt as your $50 HP ink purchase. If you do, the paper coupon will automatically pro-rate to the ink and reduce your ink purchase down below $50.00. It has happened to me in the past. If it does happen to you, then you will need to contact Staples Rewards and they will issue a courtesy coupon for the extra (double) recycling rewards that they owe you.

if i buy Staples brand cartridges does it count

RagingBull said:   if i buy Staples brand cartridges does it countShould. Only Epson is excluded. All it says is buy $50+ of the same "brand". I guess "Staples" is a brand. First time this offer has applied to ink other than HP so new territory.

For anyone concerned about the "same brand" wording, look at next weeks ad: "Free SanDisk Blade 16GB USB flash drive instantly when you buy $75 of the same brand ink." Does SanDisk make ink? No. So the "same brand" only applies to the purchase part of it.

metsfan said:   For anyone concerned about the "same brand" wording, look at next weeks ad: "Free SanDisk Blade 16GB USB flash drive instantly when you buy $75 of the same brand ink." Does SanDisk make ink? No. So the "same brand" only applies to the purchase part of it.

e-ink maybe?

Or if you quickly read this misleading headline you might believe so.

Anyway, I agree (and always have) with your consensus.

Heads up. If you're buying your $30 worth of ink (or $50 to get double recycling ink rewards 3/17-3/23), make sure you check their website for pricing. My color and black cartridges were $9 and $2 cheaper online. I just printed a list of all the cartridges available for my model printer and compared in store. I didn't have a problem getting a price match.

jaymez619 said:   Heads up. If you're buying your $30 worth of ink (or $50 to get double recycling ink rewards 3/17-3/23), make sure you check their website for pricing. My color and black cartridges were $9 and $2 cheaper online. I just printed a list of all the cartridges available for my model printer and compared in store. I didn't have a problem getting a price match.Did you participate in the generic ink promo last year?

Dano

jaymez619 said:   Heads up. If you're buying your $30 worth of ink (or $50 to get double recycling ink rewards 3/17-3/23), make sure you check their website for pricing. My color and black cartridges were $9 and $2 cheaper online. I just printed a list of all the cartridges available for my model printer and compared in store. I didn't have a problem getting a price match.If there is a reserve option for the ink then reserve and pick up in store and you automatically get the online price or try and price match to Amazon if buying online.

DanoMcGarret said:   jaymez619 said:   Heads up. If you're buying your $30 worth of ink (or $50 to get double recycling ink rewards 3/17-3/23), make sure you check their website for pricing. My color and black cartridges were $9 and $2 cheaper online. I just printed a list of all the cartridges available for my model printer and compared in store. I didn't have a problem getting a price match.Did you participate in the generic ink promo last year?

Dano

No. What did I miss? I don't feel comfortable using generic ink even though I know a lot of people have had success.

jaymez619 said:   DanoMcGarret said:   jaymez619 said:   Heads up. If you're buying your $30 worth of ink (or $50 to get double recycling ink rewards 3/17-3/23), make sure you check their website for pricing. My color and black cartridges were $9 and $2 cheaper online. I just printed a list of all the cartridges available for my model printer and compared in store. I didn't have a problem getting a price match.Did you participate in the generic ink promo last year?

Dano

No. What did I miss? I don't feel comfortable using generic ink even though I know a lot of people have had success.

If you turned in non-HP ink cartridges (ie generic) and bought HP ink some folks ended up with a year long automatic additional discount.

I've found on line can be either more or less expensive than B&M for some products including ink & Avery labels.
As with everything, you just have to compare. The HP ink I've been buying has been cheaper B&M.
If you're just buying ink to reach $30 spend you might want to pay the higher price.

my4mainecoons said:   jaymez619 said:   DanoMcGarret said:   jaymez619 said:   Heads up. If you're buying your $30 worth of ink (or $50 to get double recycling ink rewards 3/17-3/23), make sure you check their website for pricing. My color and black cartridges were $9 and $2 cheaper online. I just printed a list of all the cartridges available for my model printer and compared in store. I didn't have a problem getting a price match.Did you participate in the generic ink promo last year?

Dano

If you turned in non-HP ink cartridges (ie generic) and bought HP ink some folks ended up with a year long automatic additional discount.

I've found on line can be either more or less expensive than B&M for some products including ink & Avery labels.
As with everything, you just have to compare. The HP ink I've been buying has been cheaper B&M.
If you're just buying ink to reach $30 spend you might want to pay the higher price.

I gotta keep an eye out for that promo. The thing is, I don't use much ink anymore since I got my HP LaserJet 3200 to finally work with Win7. Now with the $30/6 months ink purchase requirement, I've been asking friends if they need ink. Some have Epsons and the rest don't print much.

It worked out fine this time because of the double ink rewards. My cash purchase was about $57 and I'll be getting $40 in Rewards. How much was the year-long discount and what did it apply to?

jaymez619 said:   ...I gotta keep an eye out for that promo. The thing is, I don't use much ink anymore since I got my HP LaserJet 3200 to finally work with Win7. Now with the $30/6 months ink purchase requirement, I've been asking friends if they need ink. Some have Epsons and the rest don't print much.

It worked out fine this time because of the double ink rewards. My cash purchase was about $57 and I'll be getting $40 in Rewards. How much was the year-long discount and what did it apply to?
The discount was/is only on HP ink and was 10% off both online and in store. Just FYI for others that for last week's double promo even though the terms specified that Brother ink was not eligible, according to a discussion on Staples Facebook page, they only excluded Brother on the promo because their contract with Brother says the have to. The Staples rep said you could buy Brother ink for the double promo and get the double cart value. Take it for what it's worth.

Did anyone's double rewards post for this yet? I had an item-specific coupon prorate onto my inks, dropping their total below $50. Of course, the receipt didn't show it as prorated, but the Rewards website does...frustrating. Probably going to have to call for a courtesy coupon...

Anonymous99 said:   Did anyone's double rewards post for this yet? I had an item-specific coupon prorate onto my inks, dropping their total below $50. Of course, the receipt didn't show it as prorated, but the Rewards website does...frustrating. Probably going to have to call for a courtesy coupon...http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1259105/m1764602...

Anonymous99 said:   Did anyone's double rewards post for this yet? I had an item-specific coupon prorate onto my inks, dropping their total below $50. Of course, the receipt didn't show it as prorated, but the Rewards website does...frustrating. Probably going to have to call for a courtesy coupon...

My Rewards don't seem to post until around the 15th of the following month. Why would you even be worried about it since it's only been a little over a week? I don't get it.

jaymez619 said:   Anonymous99 said:   Did anyone's double rewards post for this yet? I had an item-specific coupon prorate onto my inks, dropping their total below $50. Of course, the receipt didn't show it as prorated, but the Rewards website does...frustrating. Probably going to have to call for a courtesy coupon...

My Rewards don't seem to post until around the 15th of the following month. Why would you even be worried about it since it's only been a little over a week? I don't get it.
The rewards are posted for use around the 15th of the month. The rewards are posted or not posted in this case on the purchase detail which is shown as soon as the transaction posts to Rewards for store purchases. They probably just want to confirm that people were getting credit for the full 10/20 carts depending on status so they would know how much the adjustment voucher should be.

(delete)

mathfaster said:   jaymez619 said:   Anonymous99 said:   Did anyone's double rewards post for this yet? I had an item-specific coupon prorate onto my inks, dropping their total below $50. Of course, the receipt didn't show it as prorated, but the Rewards website does...frustrating. Probably going to have to call for a courtesy coupon...

The rewards are posted for use around the 15th of the month. The rewards are posted or not posted in this case on the purchase detail which is shown as soon as the transaction posts to Rewards for store purchases. They probably just want to confirm that people were getting credit for the full 10/20 carts depending on status so they would know how much the adjustment voucher should be.

This is exactly what I wanted to know. I only had $40 posted while I'm hearing others had the full $80 posted (I had a an item-specific coupon prorate to them...).

Anonymous99 said:   mathfaster said:   jaymez619 said:   Anonymous99 said:   Did anyone's double rewards post for this yet? I had an item-specific coupon prorate onto my inks, dropping their total below $50. Of course, the receipt didn't show it as prorated, but the Rewards website does...frustrating. Probably going to have to call for a courtesy coupon...

This is exactly what I wanted to know. I only had $40 posted while I'm hearing others had the full $80 posted (I had a an item-specific coupon prorate to them...).

I recycled 10 cartridges last week and bought my $50 worth of new inks. It still says I have 10 eligible cartridges to recycle.

jaymez619 said:   ...I recycled 10 cartridges last week and bought my $50 worth of new inks. It still says I have 10 eligible cartridges to recycle.Probably because they have only posted transactions through 3/19 right now. Give it a few more days. With the changeover to the new program they are very slow to post these days.

mathfaster said:   jaymez619 said:   ...I recycled 10 cartridges last week and bought my $50 worth of new inks. It still says I have 10 eligible cartridges to recycle.Probably because they have only posted transactions through 3/19 right now. Give it a few more days. With the changeover to the new program they are very slow to post these days.

Yeah. I do like that I can see my in-store purchases on Staples.com now, because you can log in to your rewards account there. I wish they'd let me stay logged in, though, keep having to log in to my rewards account there every time. Also, purchases made entirely with rewards (with a $0.00 total) don't let you see details.

metsfan said:   I wish they'd let me stay logged in, though, keep having to log in to my rewards account there every time. Also, purchases made entirely with rewards (with a $0.00 total) don't let you see details.

Select "Log me in automatically every time I visit staplesrewards.com".

I have no problem seeing the purchase details for $0 total.

c3 said:   metsfan said:   I wish they'd let me stay logged in, though, keep having to log in to my rewards account there every time. Also, purchases made entirely with rewards (with a $0.00 total) don't let you see details.

Select "Log me in automatically every time I visit staplesrewards.com".

I have no problem seeing the purchase details for $0 total.

I mean at Staples.com not staplesrewards.com. If you go to "My Orders" now, there's a link that says "Login to your Staples Rewards® account to view store purchases" and then your in-store purchases show up right on Staples.com. Still some bugs to work out, though, the ones I listed above. At staplesrewards.com I have no problem staying logged in (for the most part, once in a while it does log me out) and seeing the $0.00 purchase details.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014