• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Valid March 17 - March 23

Get $4 back in Staples Rewards® per recycled cartridge¹ when you purchase $50 of the same brand ink or any 2 of the same brand toners*.

Add to In-Store List

¹Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 10 per calendar month per customer, and, if the member has spent at least $30 in ink and/or toner purchases at Staples over the previous 180 days, the member will receive $2 back in Staples Rewards® per cartridge. Ink and/or toner purchases made on the date of recycling are calculated toward minimum purchase requirement. Minimum purchase requirement net of coupons, taxes, and shipping charges. We will recycle additional cartridges but Rewards will only be issued for 10 per calendar month per customer. Ink Recycling Rewards are issued online monthly, separately from your standard Staples Rewards statement. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards. *Excludes Epson® ink. To all state of Connecticut and Westchester County, NY Staples® shoppers: Staples intends to have every advertised item in stock. However, availability may vary due to unexpected demand or circumstances beyond our control. If an advertised item is out of stock, Staples will offer a similar item at the advertised price or a similar price reduction or offer a rain check. Items identified as clearance will not be eligible for rain checks. See your local store manager for details.

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

staples
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Well then shame on them. I didn't double check. There are some links if you Google that will add days to your purchase t... (more)

mathfaster (May. 09, 2013 @ 1:25p) |

Their policy states previous 180 days, is the day defined from 12:00 Am to 11:59 PM
or the hour and minute of the purchas... (more)

tallutale (May. 09, 2013 @ 1:45p) |

Previous days in March - 20 not 19. You recycled on 21st per your post making total 181. Not sure why you cut it this cl... (more)

mathfaster (May. 09, 2013 @ 2:55p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Valid March 17 - March 23

Get $4 back in Staples Rewards® per recycled cartridge¹ when you purchase $50 of the same brand ink or any 2 of the same brand toners*.

They killed the double recycling too........I'm off to recycle my 20 carts today.

Does anyone know if excluding Epson ink is normal in these promos? And, if so, why do they pick on Epson?

ShakuniMama said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Valid March 17 - March 23

They killed the double recycling too........I'm off to recycle my 20 carts today.

So essentially they wiped out the benefits of Premier, we can now only recycle 10 per month?

FullTimeDad said:   ShakuniMama said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Valid March 17 - March 23

So essentially they wiped out the benefits of Premier, we can now only recycle 10 per month?

no, premier still gets 20.

Premier still gets 20 and if you recycle by end of today you will still get rewards for March with no issues.

However, after today (starting 3/15) you will have to have spent at least $30 on ink within 180 days prior to (and including) the day you recycle in order to get rewards.

MISTERCHEAP said:   FullTimeDad said:   ShakuniMama said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Valid March 17 - March 23

no, premier still gets 20.

Does double recycle has limit of 5 or it apples to all 10 cartridges.

Edit: Q2: Do I get double recycle if I pay the ink purchase with a Staples gift card?

alcibiadescc said:   Does double recycle has limit of 5 or it apples to all 10 cartridges.

fine print doesn't spell that out, lots of problems with this offer in the past few weeks with people only getting credit for 5, when fine print made it sound like it was on all 10 or 20.

When is the last day to get the $2 per toner cartridge without the $50 purchase? I have some to recycle. Otherwise, do I just wait until I need more toner?

Toner recycling tends to get lost in their push about ink cartridges.

bobley said:   When is the last day to get the $2 per toner cartridge without the $50 purchase? I have some to recycle. Otherwise, do I just wait until I need more toner?

Toner recycling tends to get lost in their push about ink cartridges.

TODAY, the ink purchase requirement to unlock ink rewards is $30 not $50. $50 is required in spend to get the double rewards promo.

MISTERCHEAP said:   

TODAY, the ink purchase requirement to unlock ink rewards is $30 not $50. $50 is required in spend to get the double rewards promo.

So TODAY, get $2.
After that, spend $30, get $2 anytime in the quarter?
Spend $50, get $4 for same brand? $2 for other brand?

The double rewards don't always apply to toner.

bobley said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

So TODAY, get $2.
After that, spend $30, get $2 anytime in the quarter?
Spend $50, get $4 for same brand? $2 for other brand?

The double rewards don't always apply to toner.

the spend $30 from my understanding is once every TWO quarters. if you buy $30 in ink on April 1, you don't need to buy it again until 10/1.

the double promos when advertised, whether on ink, toner or both are ONLY IN WEEKS (exact run dates) ADVERTISED, it's not an ongoing promotion. As for the same brand question, that's still murky. Personally, they enter all ink recycle carts the same way on the register key, so not sure that can really be enforced.

it's still ink recycle by CALENDAR MONTH. you get to recycle up to 10 or 20 PER MONTH for each month and you'll get your rewards payout as long as you show $30+ pre tax/pre coupons in ink purchases for the rolling six month period.

MISTERCHEAP said:   As for the same brand question, that's still murky. Personally, they enter all ink recycle carts the same way on the register key, so not sure that can really be enforced.

??

The same brand is for the purchase of the $50 in ink - not for what you can recycle.

They don't check what brand of ink you are recycling - you can recycle mixed brands.

They are stating that your $50 purchase to be eligible for the 2x rewards have to be the same brand - and I'm sure they can determine that because the item will ring up as a specific model #.

BenH said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   As for the same brand question, that's still murky. Personally, they enter all ink recycle carts the same way on the register key, so not sure that can really be enforced.

??

The same brand is for the purchase of the $50 in ink - not for what you can recycle.

They don't check what brand of ink you are recycling - you can recycle mixed brands.

They are stating that your $50 purchase to be eligible for the 2x rewards have to be the same brand - and I'm sure they can determine that because the item will ring up as a specific model #.

Ben, yes I agree, however the wording in the latest ad did say "same brand ink" in the title meaning to most all $50+ must be the same brand PURCHASED, however it could be interpreted as the ink you recycle must be the same brand as you purchase too. I'm sure it applies to the purchase of the ink, not the brand you recycle, but we've seen Staples having issues with their wording lately on these double ink promos.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Ben, yes I agree, however the wording in the latest ad did say "same brand ink" in the title meaning to most all $50+ must be the same brand PURCHASED, however it could be interpreted as the ink you recycle must be the same brand as you purchase too. I'm sure it applies to the purchase of the ink, not the brand you recycle, but we've seen Staples having issues with their wording lately on these double ink promos.

Ad states:

Staples said: Get $4 back in Staples Rewards® per recycled cartridge¹ when you purchase $50 of the same brand ink or any 2 of the same brand toners*.

That cannot be interpreted in any way to mean that the recycled carts must be the same brand. The only qualification "of the same brand" is "when you purchase $50".

I don't think there should be any reason to even entertain that isn't the case.

So how is the next week different from the usual double ink deal (assuming you get double on all 20 recycled cartridges)? Yeah, you'll get only 5% rewards as opposed to 10% we used to get on ink purchases but otherwise it sounds similar. Besides by spending $50 next week you enable yourself to get recycle rewards for the next 180 days. Am I missing something?

Anyone know... with the new $50 (or $30, whatever) purchase within 180 days for recycling, does it start as of March 15, or do purchases from BEFORE March 15 also count? As in, does my $50+ HP ink purchase from Nov 2012 set me up for the next couple months yet??

Just asking here as it's a recent Staples thread, though not exactly on topic...

D

CheapBustard said:   So how is the next week different from the usual double ink deal (assuming you get double on all 20 recycled cartridges)? Yeah, you'll get only 5% rewards as opposed to 10% we used to get on ink purchases but otherwise it sounds similar. Besides by spending $50 next week you enable yourself to get recycle rewards for the next 180 days. Am I missing something?

that's how it's different. you are double dipping in the sense that you can do this promo and the $50 you spend also counts towards your 180 day ink requirement. (assuming you haven't bought ink in the last 180 days back to 9/15/12).

still better than spending $30 in ink straight and not getting any benefit from it.

the $50 scenario will cost you $7.50 oop factoring in $80 back premier + $2.50 ink 5% ($82.50 less $40 you normally earn = $42.50, or $7.50 oop vs $30 oop to unlock ink rewards)

Danzilla said:   Anyone know... with the new $50 (or $30, whatever) purchase within 180 days for recycling, does it start as of March 15, or do purchases from BEFORE March 15 also count? As in, does my $50+ HP ink purchase from Nov 2012 set me up for the next couple months yet??

Just asking here as it's a recent Staples thread, though not exactly on topic...

D

while it hasn't been 1000% confirmed on the Staples rewards site, ink purchased in Nov 2012 should grandfather you until May 2013.

if it doesn't and 3/15 the slate is wiped clean, we should be allowed to recycle ink carts twice in March if we are forced to buy ink for those rewards. that's just my opinion, not a fact.

FYI this slip was attached to my ink recycling receipt from yesterday:

Staples Receipt said: Starting 3/15/13, there will be a change to your ink recycling benefit. You will receive $2 back in rewards for each ink or toner cartridge recycled, up to your normal ink recycling limits, if you have spent at least $30 on in and toner in the past 180 days. Ink and/or toner purchases made on the date of recycling are calculated toward minimum purchase requirement. Minimum purchase requirement net of coupons, taxes, and shipping charges. We will recycle additional cartridges but rewards will only be issued for 10 per calendar month per Base or Plus customer and 20 per calendar month per Premier customer.

IF they do this as a 2 week promotion (which of course we won't know for another week), then we could potentially have a double-dip situation at the start of April. I haven't recycled this month and I'm trying to decide whether I should go tonight, or take my chances on this deal next week. I probably have bought ink from Staples in the past 6 months, but not sure when. Worst case, that we find out that the previous purchases are not grandfathered, I guess I'm out $7.50 ($50 - $40 - $2.50) plus whatever I have to go over $50 on the ink purchase.

billrubin said:   IF they do this as a 2 week promotion (which of course we won't know for another week), then we could potentially have a double-dip situation at the start of April. I haven't recycled this month and I'm trying to decide whether I should go tonight, or take my chances on this deal next week. I probably have bought ink from Staples in the past 6 months, but not sure when. Worst case, that we find out that the previous purchases are not grandfathered, I guess I'm out $7.50 ($50 - $40 - $2.50) plus whatever I have to go over $50 on the ink purchase.Should be posted on Sunday if the promo will last more than a week on Staples.com. You can check your purchase details fairly quickly to see when you last bought ink. Just choose all 2012 from the drop down and expand all.

For someone like me who doesn't buy ink at Staples, this new ink rewards program really sucks.

If we already recycled ink this month will the bonus apply to previously recycled ink?

DrElectron said:   For someone like me who doesn't buy ink at Staples, this new ink rewards program really sucks.Don't mean to be mean but you are precisely the type of person they want to eliminate from the program. Blame the ink manufacturers who cut back on their subsidies.

balsalm9 said:   If we already recycled ink this month will the bonus apply to previously recycled ink?No. You have to buy ink to get a bonus. This promo doesn't even start until Sunday.

mathfaster said:   DrElectron said:   For someone like me who doesn't buy ink at Staples, this new ink rewards program really sucks.Don't mean to be mean but you are precisely the type of person they want to eliminate from the program. Blame the ink manufacturers who cut back on their subsidies.
I'm also unhappy that they changed the ink program. It's obvious that they're trying to eliminate people like me, since I don't buy my ink at Staples, so I don't blame them. On the other hand, I also only recycled my own ink, which wasn't very much, but the rewards basically paid for the ink. Now I'm spoiled by getting free ink (not to mention paper!) for so long. On the bright side, my ink really isn't that expensive (but I did contemplate recycling the partially used cartriges this week so I could use the money to replace them with full ones). They have every right to change the program, but I don't have to like it.

mathfaster said:   balsalm9 said:   If we already recycled ink this month will the bonus apply to previously recycled ink?No. You have to buy ink to get a bonus. This promo doesn't even start until Sunday.
This does not answer the question. Suppose one recycled ink this week and bought ink next week. Would the bonus accrue or not?

I get $4 each for 20 and I can use rewards to buy the $50 of ink and meet their new requirement? Count me in!

no

balsalm9 said:   mathfaster said:   balsalm9 said:   If we already recycled ink this month will the bonus apply to previously recycled ink?No. You have to buy ink to get a bonus. This promo doesn't even start until Sunday.
This does not answer the question. Suppose one recycled ink this week and bought ink next week. Would the bonus accrue or not?

balsalm9 said:   mathfaster said:   balsalm9 said:   If we already recycled ink this month will the bonus apply to previously recycled ink?No. You have to buy ink to get a bonus. This promo doesn't even start until Sunday.
Yes it does. You are putting the cart (ink carts) before the horse. Ink purchases always go hand in hand with cart recycling. You only get a certain number of carts to recycle each month. Period. You don't recycle and then buy ink. Does not work that way.

Anybody call Staples Rewards this week? I've called 3 different times and the quality of the CSR was -100; wondering if part of their cost-cutting included canning the existing CSR's and bringing in new hires.

Dano

milkandcookies said:   I get $4 for 20 and I can use rewards to buy the $50 of ink and meet their new requirement? Count me in!

"Minimum purchase requirement net of coupons, taxes, and shipping charges"

rewards = coupons and cannot be used to meet either the $30 required for ink recycling or the $50 necessary for double ink.

BenH said:   milkandcookies said:   I get $4 for 20 and I can use rewards to buy the $50 of ink and meet their new requirement? Count me in!

"Minimum purchase requirement net of coupons, taxes, and shipping charges"

rewards = coupons and cannot be used to meet either the $30 required for ink recycling or the $50 necessary for double ink.

Ok thanks. I will still go with it.

Anyone want to start a stampede of inquiries to Rewards? Read the ad for the double ink reward. NOWHERE does it say you have to purchase ink and recycle in the store on the same day or buy ink online and recycle in the store within 7 days. IF you read the ad title, one should get $4 per cart for the next 180 days of recycling. I believe we know what they should have said based on past promos but the underlying description just describes the new program. Nothing really about the double promo.

heh...I think your argument falls short when you consider the Ad begins with:

"Valid March 17 - March 23"

mathfaster said:   Anyone want to start a stampede of inquiries to Rewards? Read the ad for the double ink reward. NOWHERE does it say you have to purchase ink and recycle in the store on the same day or buy ink online and recycle in the store within 7 days. IF you read the ad title, one should get $4 per cart for the next 180 days of recycling. I believe we know what they should have said based on past promos but the underlying description just describes the new program. Nothing really about the double promo.

mathfaster said:   Anyone want to start a stampede of inquiries to Rewards? Read the ad for the double ink reward. NOWHERE does it say you have to purchase ink and recycle in the store on the same day or buy ink online and recycle in the store within 7 days. IF you read the ad title, one should get $4 per cart for the next 180 days of recycling. I believe we know what they should have said based on past promos but the underlying description just describes the new program. Nothing really about the double promo.

Nice if that's true, but I certainly wouldn't want to bet the farm on that. not only that, the downside potentially if that's true is...it would be limit one offer over the 180 day period, correct? meaning if they run double recycle again in April and do it, you wouldn't earn the double credit again (if I understand the logic in your post correctly)

BenH said:   heh...I think your argument falls short when you consider the Ad begins with:

"Valid March 17 - March 23"

Yeah I know, but given all the confusion around the realities of this new program and the level of knowledge of the CSRs, one could argue weekly the point.

MISTERCHEAP said:   mathfaster said:   Anyone want to start a stampede of inquiries to Rewards? Read the ad for the double ink reward. NOWHERE does it say you have to purchase ink and recycle in the store on the same day or buy ink online and recycle in the store within 7 days. IF you read the ad title, one should get $4 per cart for the next 180 days of recycling. I believe we know what they should have said based on past promos but the underlying description just describes the new program. Nothing really about the double promo.

Nice if that's true, but I certainly wouldn't want to bet the farm on that. not only that, the downside potentially if that's true is...it would be limit one offer over the 180 day period, correct? meaning if they run double recycle again in April and do it, you wouldn't earn the double credit again (if I understand the logic in your post correctly)
True. Between this and the interpretation of recycle and buy $50 of ink of the same brand meaning the reycled carts have to be of the same brand as the ink bought, and the rewards program terms in general, it seems they need to hire a proof reader for these ink promos. Don't think they have anyone now that knows how to write unambiguous English.

Skipping 50 Messages...
tallutale said:   Their policy states previous 180 days, is the day defined from 12:00 Am to 11:59 PM
or the hour and minute of the purchase if so I still had 2 hours available to recycle.
Also the current day cannot also be defined as a previous day.
If the previous days of each month is calculated from the recycling
date of March 20 2013.

Previous days in Mar 19
Previous days in Feb 28
Previous days in Jan 31
Previous days in Dec 31
Previous days in Nov 30
Previous days in Oct 31
Previous days in Sep 10

The total previous days adds to 180 days.
Previous days in March - 20 not 19. You recycled on 21st per your post making total 181. Not sure why you cut it this close but I understand people sometimes can only get to a store at certain times. I seriously doubt they are going to take it down to hour and minute. Most likely using some precanned program or macro or whatever to subtract 2 dates and compare difference to 180.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014