• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Just a quick update -- on 3/23 I bought $50.99 (after $5 off $25) in HP ink, received the double on my 20 cartridges (without asking luckily), and the $2.54 in rewards on the ink purchase (5%). So not too bad, and hopefully I am good for another 170 or so days, and glad to see the double ink on all cartridges is working.

Floydian said:   Just a quick update -- on 3/23 I bought $50.99 (after $5 off $25) in HP ink, received the double on my 20 cartridges (without asking luckily), and the $2.54 in rewards on the ink purchase (5%). So not too bad, and hopefully I am good for another 170 or so days, and glad to see the double ink on all cartridges is working.

So u received $80 in ink? Good to know and may I ask which HP ink did u get?

Thanks

Datapoint:
Bought BROTHER LC51 BLACK INK 2PK for $54.99 in store and recycled 20 carts and my Rewards shows $82.74.
What I don't understand is there is a coupon of 0.20 showing when I did not use any coupons. It is probably for ink cart recycling but my total would have dipped below $50 required purchase if my purchase was exactly $50.
I did not ask for a pricematch as the online price was 47.xx since there was no other same brand filler to make it just above $50 (minimum was around $16)

It's May 9 2013 after dealing with Staples for 3 weeks on their new Ink recycling policy for cartridges that I recycled on March 20 2013. I was just told that the $30 minimum ink purchase in the previous 180 day needs to occur AFTER MARCH 15 2013. This is what my problem was I purchased $75 on Sep 21, 2012 which made exactly 180 previous days from purchase to recycling.
I was trying to get them to define the 180 day period. So if you purchased $30 of ink in December 2012 forget it being a qualifying ink purchase, lets see if they update the policy on their website.

tallutale said:   This is what my problem was I purchased $75 on Sep 21, 2012 which made exactly 180 previous days from purchase to recycling.

No, that was the 181st day.

tallutale said:   It's May 9 2013 after dealing with Staples for 3 weeks on their new Ink recycling policy for cartridges that I recycled on March 21 2013. I was just told that the $30 minimum ink purchase in the previous 180 day needs to occur AFTER MARCH 15 2013. This is what my problem was I purchased $75 on Sep 21, 2012 which made exactly 180 previous days from purchase to recycling.
I was trying to get them to define the 180 day period. So if you purchased $30 of ink in December 2012 forget it being a qualifying ink purchase, lets see if they update the policy on their website.
This issue raises it heads in a few forms with Staples. Like the 14 day return policy. IIRC, the 14 days starts with the date of purchase. So with ink add 179 days not 180 to the date of purchase to comply with the previous 180 day policy.

mathfaster said:   This issue raises it heads in a few forms with Staples. Like the 14 day return policy. IIRC, the 14 days starts with the date of purchase. So with ink add 179 days not 180 to the date of purchase to comply with the previous 180 day policy.

tallutale missed the 180 days even NOT counting the day of recycling.

c3 said:   mathfaster said:   This issue raises it heads in a few forms with Staples. Like the 14 day return policy. IIRC, the 14 days starts with the date of purchase. So with ink add 179 days not 180 to the date of purchase to comply with the previous 180 day policy.

tallutale missed the 180 days even NOT counting the day of recycling.
Well then shame on them. I didn't double check. There are some links if you Google that will add days to your purchase to make sure you are within the 180 days. I suggest adding 179 as the limit to when one can recycle: http://www.calendar-12.com/date_add_days

I see what they did. They just added 6 months to the date of purchase and used that as the last date to recycle.

I set a calendar reminder date range for when my last days are 6 months out to recycle so I don't miss the end date of my last recycle before having to buy ink.

Their policy states previous 180 days, is the day defined from 12:00 Am to 11:59 PM
or the hour and minute of the purchase if so I still had 2 hours available to recycle.
Also the current day cannot also be defined as a previous day.
If the previous days of each month is calculated from the recycling
date of March 20 2013.

Previous days in Mar 19
Previous days in Feb 28
Previous days in Jan 31
Previous days in Dec 31
Previous days in Nov 30
Previous days in Oct 31
Previous days in Sep 10

The total previous days adds to 180 days.

tallutale said:   Their policy states previous 180 days, is the day defined from 12:00 Am to 11:59 PM
or the hour and minute of the purchase if so I still had 2 hours available to recycle.
Also the current day cannot also be defined as a previous day.
If the previous days of each month is calculated from the recycling
date of March 20 2013.

Previous days in Mar 19
Previous days in Feb 28
Previous days in Jan 31
Previous days in Dec 31
Previous days in Nov 30
Previous days in Oct 31
Previous days in Sep 10

The total previous days adds to 180 days.
Previous days in March - 20 not 19. You recycled on 21st per your post making total 181. Not sure why you cut it this close but I understand people sometimes can only get to a store at certain times. I seriously doubt they are going to take it down to hour and minute. Most likely using some precanned program or macro or whatever to subtract 2 dates and compare difference to 180.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014