iPad Mini 16 GB for $299.99 B&M

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Apple iPad mini 16GB Wi-Fi Black - In Store Pickup only at Micro Center.

A couple dozen store locations nationwide; a good deal if you have one close.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=10073...

Member Summary

iPad Mini 16 GB
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Its not Apple's fault that you are poor. Not ours either. You have nobody to blame but yourself that you cannot afford q... (more)

Animalrob37 (Mar. 17, 2013 @ 7:43p) |

Seriously, act like adults. They all have their own advantages and disadvantages. For an iPad Mini, this is a good pri... (more)

mase123987 (Mar. 17, 2013 @ 7:57p) |

Last time I check Apple wasn't exactly a big supporter of Adobe Flash, has something changed that I missed?
What Nexus 7 ... (more)

breaux124 (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 10:30a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It was bound to happen. Thanks for the notifcation!

Huh? what wasbound to happen?

Oh that's red hot, I am picking one. Good to take a break from the Android tablets.

i want white!!..looks like new mini pad will come out soon

Isn't this just $30 off retail? I mean, sure, Apple stuff rarely goes on sale, but $30?

Please add B&M to your title, OP.

Meh.. i'm pretty much done with Apple. Might try samsung products going foward. Kinda got tired of getting raped with Apples prices, O and Itunes sucks.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

kdn102 said:   Isn't this just $30 off retail? I mean, sure, Apple stuff rarely goes on sale, but $30?

I was wondering this as well. Is there something I'm missing?

kdn102 said:   Isn't this just $30 off retail? I mean, sure, Apple stuff rarely goes on sale, but $30?

When an Android tablet is $30 off it's a hot deal. Why the hate?

If you can find it cheaper please let us know. Thanks.

I was so sure that I would love Apple forever... but I dunno.. things are just getting weird now.. I sort of want to try other things :/

Considering its B&M only you end up paying tax. Getting from Amazon at 'Full price' versus this at 10% off + 7-8% tax isn't much cheaper at all.

Joe328 said:   I was so sure that I would love Apple forever... but I dunno.. things are just getting weird now.. I sort of want to try other things :/

That's what she said.

I love the Android concept, but try as I may I find myself going back my Apple products more. I have both cheap and expensive Android tablets, including a repurposed HP Touchpad to cyanogenmod and a Viewsonic 22" Android tablet.
I just think the touchscreen on the iPad etc., is much more responsive.

Im new here, whats B&M mean? dont make fun please!!

Deals4mykids said:   Im new here, whats B&M mean? dont make fun please!!

Bowel and movement.

Brick and mortar (a real store you can walk into. Not a website.)

Deals4mykids said:   Im new here, whats B&M mean? dont make fun please!!

This

drmorb said:   Deals4mykids said:   Im new here, whats B&M mean? dont make fun please!!

Bowel and movement.

Lmao... Brick and Mortar. I guess the deal is decent if you are about to buy one anyway.

shastada said:   Considering its B&M only you end up paying tax. Getting from Amazon at 'Full price' versus this at 10% off + 7-8% tax isn't much cheaper at all.

Amazon is selling (well 3rd party) this model for $370. Is Mini hard to get a hold of since it doesn't seem that Amazon directly has any?

Also, the tax "savings" really isn't savings, as more and more states require you to declare online purchases on your tax returns anyways.

Refurbished ones have just started showing up on Apple.com for same price. There rarely in stock though.

dpid said:   Also, the tax "savings" really isn't savings, as more and more states require you to declare online purchases on your tax returns anyways.

Don't think that's working out too well.

Deals4mykids said:   Huh? what wasbound to happen?

Demand for Apple's smaller iPad Mini design could lead the company to release its second-generation iPad Mini in the next couple of months.

They will this fall, along with ipad and iphone. But you will need one this summer, so buy one now and then get the new one when it comes out in 5 months, thats what they count on. Ether that or get an android.

mailmanz said:   i want white!!..looks like new mini pad will come out soon

Yeah, I also heard that iPad mini 2 will be launched this year. If so, iPad mini will go on cutting its price.

Anyone thinking of trying Android should look at the Fujitsu M532. $299 at New-Egg. Great specs for the price.
Newegg M532

Was just looking at these today. I have a Touchpad which I'm not that thrilled with in terms of speed, needing to reset etc. I'm not sure about switching to Apple as I haven't used Apple much since the Apple II days. Anyway, the mini's size seems easier to handle than the full-size. Any reason not to get the mini over the full-size? Full-size has the A6 chip. Anything else? Can the mini be used as a VOIP phone without using a headset?

This is a good deal. saved $30

robby69 said:   I love the Android concept, but try as I may I find myself going back my Apple products more. I have both cheap and expensive Android tablets, including a repurposed HP Touchpad to cyanogenmod and a Viewsonic 22" Android tablet.

3 Times as responsive? Thats about how overpriced Apple stuff is.

robby69 said:   I love the Android concept, but try as I may I find myself going back my Apple products more. I have both cheap and expensive Android tablets, including a repurposed HP Touchpad to cyanogenmod and a Viewsonic 22" Android tablet.

There's your problem right there. Neither devices were optimized for the "user experience". Try any Tegra 3 and up devices with modern gen android (ICS, JB) and you're going to experience something completely better. The "smoothness" you speak of is but a mere illusion. At the cost of multi and background tasking. Newer android now provide the same GUI optimization, too. Try a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It's super responsive, like butter. Just today I used it to send a pdf attachment via email for my friend who couldn't on his iPhone4.

no PDF on Crapple?

got an ASUS Vivotab (for $350 a few weeks back). Windows 8 RT tab ....
tried using for the last 2 weeks. I am sorry to say but Windows 8 RT just sucks as a tablet. App store doesn't have anything, and a lotta quirks with the design, poor accelerometer response, freezing, etc. Gonna wait until it gets better .... until then , gonna just keep using my (now 1 yr old) iPad gen 3 with its responsive apps and retina display. Not intentionally trying to support Apple, since I'm still a PC guy, but their damn iPad does just work so much better.

NENSC said:   Meh.. i'm pretty much done with Apple. Might try samsung products going foward. Kinda got tired of getting raped with Apples prices, O and Itunes sucks.

Thanks for threadcrapping. If you don't like the deal, go away.

not bad ,but i already have one.

sandy05 said:   NENSC said:   Meh.. i'm pretty much done with Apple. Might try samsung products going foward. Kinda got tired of getting raped with Apples prices, O and Itunes sucks.

Thanks for threadcrapping. If you don't like the deal, go away.

Android fan's should be busy with their superior and cheaper devices, yet they always find time for their favorite pastime, thread-crapping every apple topic on the internet.

It's not thread crapping when your backing it up with facts. Fact is, the reality distortion field is weakening. Just try to email anything but what Apple want you to attach to email. If it's possible, it wasn't straight forward. But hey, if you're happy being on rails that's your prerogative. Even if the truth stings just ever so slightly, the longer you use it, the more you'll realize you can't just ignore it any more. This is from someone who's used the original iPhone development kit. I.e. Gen 1 user. Neither a phandroid nor fanboi.

^ Dork

GWBush said:   There's your problem right there. Neither devices were optimized for the "user experience". Try a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It's super responsive, like butter.

But ALL of the iOS devices are responsive, versus select Android..
I tried the Galaxy Note 2, hoping the larger screen would help my 50-year old eyes, but alas while the touchscreen on the Galaxy Note 2 was good, it still seemed like I was "pressing" the screen rather than "touching" the screen. I am not a "fanboy" either, just describing my struggles to "like" both OS Gui's

You not being able to send a PDF attachment via email is a little misleading.. It takes an extra step to attach a PDF to an email if you are responding. But with Apps to go and ibooks, you can easily attach a pdf to an original email with little fuss.

Skipping 35 Messages...
Animalrob37 said:   Yeah too bad that Nexus 7 doesnt support shockwave because Google is too cheap to give Adobe a couple bucks to support Android 4.1 or .2!
And why the hell is the speaker facing the back of the device. What was that Google engineer smoking?

Last time I check Apple wasn't exactly a big supporter of Adobe Flash, has something changed that I missed?
What Nexus 7 are you using? Mine has a slit on the bottom with sound coming from the bottom, very much like my iPads. I will give you that the Nexus 7's sound isn't as good, but I was considering doing the bubble wrap trick to fix the distortion.
Now my S3 does have it's speaker on the back, but it doesn't really bother me since it's loud enough.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.