• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

starbucks
Disclaimer

Starbucks Beverages
Disclaimer
Starbucks is currently offering 50% off any of their Handcrafted Espresso Beverages when you use your registered Starbucks Card and this printable coupon (Exp. 3/19/13

Starbucks Store
See Starbucks Store discounts that earn 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Barista told me it said that the code had already been used on my registered card. (I used the coupon for the first time... (more)

expired (Mar. 17, 2013 @ 11:05p) |

Thank you for posting. I will try.

glassescenters (Mar. 18, 2013 @ 1:14a) |

No luck. Fine print says its attached to the card. Cashier/mgr was older persnickety lady who held the line up calling c... (more)

NoelaniKai (Mar. 19, 2013 @ 1:00p) |

Staff Summary
  • Starbucks Store Coupons:
    AFF5
    Save 5% on your order for existing customers (expires 1/1/15 11:59pm)
    US only. Online only. Excludes Verismo machines and pods
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Cashier had to override. Targeted?

Yes, targeted. Not supposed to be general use.

Is supposed to be tied to your REGISTERED Starbucks card.

BUT Starbucks goofed in the execution of the promotion, so it seems they are honoring it.

"Handcrafted Espresso"? LOL! Please...it's coffee and whipped cream, not a piece of fine furniture made by a master craftsman or fine jewelry made by a master jeweler.

BocephusSTL said:   "Handcrafted Espresso"? LOL! Please...it's coffee and whipped cream, not a piece of fine furniture made by a master craftsman or fine jewelry made by a master jeweler.

bwhahahaa, preach on!

BocephusSTL said:   "Handcrafted Espresso"? LOL! Please...it's coffee and whipped cream, not a piece of fine furniture made by a master craftsman or fine jewelry made by a master jeweler.

Marketing BS that someone, somewhere, maybe on Mars, actually believes!!

I used it yesterday. The barista was baffled. I told him the code that's supposed to be used is right on the coupon. He said "oh, there it is!" and everything went smoothly.

Thank you for posting. I have a registered card and will try using the coupon and see if it works.

Did not work for me. Do not have a registered card so the cashier would not honor it

This did not work for me neither, I have a registered card and they said this was not registered to my card.

Did not work for me neither. I had registered card too.

with any coupon just show them the mobile picture (clearly stated on the coupon) and tell the barista to input the code on the register and it goes. For those who have no success I think it's just a backlash from the amount of people that have used it on that particular location. I used it yesterday w/o any issues. YMMV

wino4ever said:   with any coupon just show them the mobile picture (clearly stated on the coupon) and tell the barista to input the code on the register and it goes. For those who have no success I think it's just a backlash from the amount of people that have used it on that particular location. I used it yesterday w/o any issues. YMMV

I respectfully disagree: this promotion seems to be tied to individual registered cards. I tried yesterday and it did NOT work, but the cashier just charged me for a tall instead of the venti I got, so it worked out - but I think the Starbucks system knows which cards got the email and which ones didn't.

When I used the app on my iphone to pay for a drink on Wednesday last week, I noticed that this promo was listed where it shows rewards. I hadn't received an email or anything about it so I asked the barista to see what it was for (it said something like 50% off espresso, so I wan't sure if that was beans or a drink) so they entered the code and told me that it was for a drink and that they hadn't seen that code before. Since I'd already paid for my drink by then, I decided to use it at the next day instead. (it expires on the 19th or something - short validity period). On Thursday morning I got an email telling me about the promo. When I went to use it at another Starbucks location that afternoon, it worked like a charm. I just showed them the listing for the promo in the rewards section of my iphone app (never printed a coupon), and they entered the code indicated there on their register and it worked.

Not sure why I was targeted, but I'm not complaining. It was a nice surprise.

Edit: Maybe it's targeted to Gold card holders only (?)

justDave said:   Cashier had to override. Targeted?
Same here.
Registered MSR card. Didn't receive email.
Code failed. Cashier-override.

This was a really great deal. No problem using it

Didn't work for me either (yes, I have a registered card). The cashier was very helpful and tried inputting the code 4 times but couldn't get it to work. He said that he thinks the offer is targetted to specific cards only. But he was nice and only charged me for a tall (instead of the grande price)

My husband and I are both gold card holders and it did not work for us. The Batista gave him his drink for free and charged full price for mine which had the same savings so it worked out.

To be fair, the implication is that a "handcrafted" espresso drink has steamed milk with a nice microfoam thing going on. There's a big difference between a latte made with milk that was hand-steamed with a steam wand and the machine-whipped swill they're passing off as lattes at fast food restaurants these days.

Also, not that it really matters, but most Starbucks espresso drinks don't come with whipped cream, even though many customers seem to think they do.

Just did it. It's simple. The coupon states that it's for a one time use only. You can only use it in conjunction with a registered card. The barista types in the code, then when they scan your app's bar code or swipe your registered card, the discount is applied.

CalBlizzard said:   Just did it. It's simple. The coupon states that it's for a one time use only. You can only use it in conjunction with a registered card. The barista types in the code, then when they scan your app's bar code or swipe your registered card, the discount is applied.

More likely, you were the one of few who actually received targeted offer and already had the code applied to your account I think. For many others, including myself, it just didn't work and the cashier had to manually apply discount.

I did exactly same as what you described; ordered beverage, cashier entered the code, scanned my card from Starbucks app (Of course, registered), and discount *not* applied. Cashier asked me back if I had another card registered, which I don't, so no discount. I didn't bother and just paid full price.

I think if you have opted out of promotion emails then the system knows and your registered card won't be honored.

Barista told me it said that the code had already been used on my registered card. (I used the coupon for the first time today). Was overridden.

Thank you for posting. I will try.

No luck. Fine print says its attached to the card. Cashier/mgr was older persnickety lady who held the line up calling customer svc verify the offer since the code didn't work. Later I saw her throw away multiple food orders and 2 venti frappuccinos from a drive through drive-off. Bad waste and slow svc. Tried at Starbucks down the street the mgr just handed me an espresso and gave me a 2nd venti for tall price for my trouble.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014